I am so lost. I hate being so needy!

ImLovinIt

Earning My Ears
I am usually the most self sufficient person I know. BUT.... I have a trip to DW in May for 9 days. I cannot get it together! I am trying to figure out how many day I need for resort passes, if I should get VIP, etc etc It is so overwhelming! I am wondering if there are season ticket holders that offer chaperone for a fee? GAH!!

I am usually the most self sufficient person I know. BUT.... I have a trip to DW in May for 9 days. I cannot get it together! I am trying to figure out how many day I need for resort passes, if I should get VIP, etc etc It is so overwhelming! I am wondering if there are season ticket holders that offer chaperone for a fee? GAH!!
You have nine days, so make a park reservation for each day. That is your starting point. Then maybe tell us whether you are an early bird or a night owl or both and what you particularly want to see and do. You don’t need a chaperone because there is lots of help here. Don’t put pressure on yourself to do everything.

You’re not alone. The park reservation system has a lot of us frustrated.

What exactly are you struggling with?

I suggest you move this question to a board that gets traffic. Not many will find it here.

click this topic, post there

Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies​

On day one get a park pass for MK. Then day two get a park pass for Epcot. Day three get a park pass for DHS. And on day four get a park pass for AK. Day five don't get a park pass at all - spend a day resort hopping, checking out Disney Springs, lounging in your room or by the pool.

Then do everything in reverse order with your last day being MK.

If you have the Park Hopper you can visit the park you have a reservation for and then hop over to another park if there's something you missed or want to do again.

Just even knowing where to start. I guess the first thing is reserve a park a day (4 days?) , save a day or 2 for water parks, but do I need genie passes? Lightning? I am alright with the costs, will be going weekdays in May (highly recommended time for low attendance). I was even looking at VIP but thats real pricey. I have a 5 and 8 year old coming, 2 adults. We will go early as possible and say right to the close each of the 4 days. Will have rest days in between, not staying onsite. Staying at The Fountains.

- have you ever been to wdw before? If yes, when was the last time?

- Do you have 9 full days at the park, or does that include two half days for travel?

- how are you travelling and where from? Will you be a little jetlagged on your first day?

- there are 4 parks, there are 2 water parks, you want to rest in between. Do you want to visit all parks?
You want to visit the parks during the week. Then I would say, monday park 1, tuesday park 2, wednesday rest, thursday park 3 and friday park 4, water parks in the weekends.

- Genie+ and lightning lanes, do you understand the workings? If not, watch some videos on youtube to get a grasp of what it means. You first need to understand the system before you know if it works for your family.
It can be added per day while you are staying there, you do not need to make a decision on this now. Get informed. before your trip.

- VIP tours are indeed expensive, but can take pressure of your shoulders. If this is what you want, call Disney to enquire if there are still tours available for your dates. A vip tour is not necessary for a good time. With preparation and plan you can have a good time without spending a lot of cash.

Step 1: determine which parks you want to visit and when. Make your park reservations.
Step 2: do you want to eat at a table service restaurant? Determine which at each park and see if reservations are available.
Step 3: Get to understand Genie+, determine if it is right for your family. Buy it if you think you need it. But as said, you can delay this decision for now.
Step 4: have a look at which rides, shows and activities there are to do per park, determine per person 2 things you want to see or do in each park.

If you have determined this, you will have a plan, and if you want you can look into the advanced planning stuff ;) on touringplans.com for example. But for now, start with the basics.

- have you ever been to wdw before? If yes, when was the last time?

- Do you have 9 full days at the park, or does that include two half days for travel?

- how are you travelling and where from? Will you be a little jetlagged on your first day?

- there are 4 parks, there are 2 water parks, you want to rest in between. Do you want to visit all parks?
You want to visit the parks during the week. Then I would say, monday park 1, tuesday park 2, wednesday rest, thursday park 3 and friday park 4, water parks in the weekends.

- Genie+ and lightning lanes, do you understand the workings? If not, watch some videos on youtube to get a grasp of what it means. You first need to understand the system before you know if it works for your family.
It can be added per day while you are staying there, you do not need to make a decision on this now. Get informed. before your trip.

- VIP tours are indeed expensive, but can take pressure of your shoulders. If this is what you want, call Disney to enquire if there are still tours available for your dates. A vip tour is not necessary for a good time. With preparation and plan you can have a good time without spending a lot of cash.

Step 1: determine which parks you want to visit and when. Make your park reservations.
Step 2: do you want to eat at a table service restaurant? Determine which at each park and see if reservations are available.
Step 3: Get to understand Genie+, determine if it is right for your family. Buy it if you think you need it. But as said, you can delay this decision for now.
Step 4: have a look at which rides, shows and activities there are to do per park, determine per person 2 things you want to see or do in each park.

If you have determined this, you will have a plan, and if you want you can look into the advanced planning stuff ;) on touringplans.com for example. But for now, start with the basics.
Thnx for the reply! I posted a more detailed thread on the advice of another person in the strategies sub forum, that outlines what you asked

It wont let me link it here... strange. The title is Oh Boy.. SO overwhelming! In the strategies sub

I plan on a 6 day pass, a day for each park and one for waterpark, and an extra for whatever the kids fav is

Thnx for the reply! I posted a more detailed thread on the advice of another person in the strategies sub forum, that outlines what you asked

It wont let me link it here... strange. The title is Oh Boy.. SO overwhelming! In the strategies sub

I plan on a 6 day pass, a day for each park and one for waterpark, and an extra for whatever the kids fav is
:D I had replied to that thread as well, not realizing it was yours!
You sounded so much more confident in your message, that I didn't make the connection! *oops!*

:D I had replied to that thread as well, not realizing it was yours!
You sounded so much more confident in your message, that I didn't make the connection! *oops!*
No worries! I spent hours reading and listening to members here, I have a better grip on it. I guess I have to learn the tight rope walk of using G+, and will need LL for those MUST HAVES!! Like ROTR and Slinky I think? I will be looking at suggestions in the other post

I started another thread in strategies, I am getting more clear on what I need to do. What a complicated, dizzying process!

A 6-day ticket will allow you entry to one of the 4 major theme parks on 6 separate days. The major theme parks are Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studio, and Animal Kingdom. A “Park Hopper” will allow you yo go to more than 1 of these parks on any of those 6 days.

To go to a water park — Typhoon Lagoon and/or Blizzard Beach — you’ll need the “Water Parks and Sports” add-on or a separate 1-day water park ticket. If you are getting the Park Hopper, just add the “Plus” option. This will allow you as many Plus entries as you have major theme park days. It does NOT count as one of the 6 days of your theme park ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter