I am thankful for...................................

Time to bring this thread back up to the top of the boards.

I'm thankful that the sun has come out to close the day. Two days of clouds and rain was enough. It's supposed to be a glorious weekend here in Ontario.

I plan on getting out and planting some grass seed to fill in the areas the dog killed over the winter. I may even do something about splitting some hostas, if they have come up enough for me to see what I'm doing.

Have a productive weekend everyone.:flower1:

I am sooooooooooooooooo thankful for Canadian Tire's frontline workers,,,,my toilet broke and I ordered a new part,,,just picked it up curbside!!!
Can't express how happy this made me.
You ROCK Canadian Tire workers!!!!:love:

Time to plan out the garden and enjoy the sunshine!!
This is my new Toad House for the garden, from Canadian Tire.
Stay happy and safe everyone.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
The telephone. I call my late DH’s friend every morning. I call my younger sister in the afternoon, my BFF afterwards. Then a couple of other friends every couple of days. Keeps me in touch and centred.

The telephone. I call my late DH’s friend every morning. I call my younger sister in the afternoon, my BFF afterwards. Then a couple of other friends every couple of days. Keeps me in touch and centred.

Thanks for sharing,
I think I have a few phone calls I need to make tomorrow. Emails are ok but hearing a person's voice is better.
Hugs To You
Mel

I am thankful once again that a local Durham region artist is doing free facebook live art classes. She has done over 16 so far and has lots more planned. I haven't done them all but I have done a few. But I have to say an Artist I am not.
Here are a few to cheer you up.
I may frame either the butterfly or the pansy and give it to my Mom for Mother's day along with some candy.

Attachments

• P4200016 emu.jpg
    P4200016 emu.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 2
  • P4150006 butterfly.jpg
    P4150006 butterfly.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 2
  • P4200026 pansies.jpg
    P4200026 pansies.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2

I am thankful once again that a local Durham region artist is doing free facebook live art classes. She has done over 16 so far and has lots more planned. I haven't done them all but I have done a few. But I have to say an Artist I am not.
Here are a few to cheer you up.
I may frame either the butterfly or the pansy and give it to my Mom for Mother's day along with some candy.

Hi Judy
I am definitely loving the pansy one Hon.
Well Done!
I am struggling to find a Hobby and my daughter in law (she paints too) offered me a bunch of places to check out.
This is where my brain has been for a few days....
https://dwellinggawker.com/I appreciate you sharing your designs with us.

Hugs To You
Mel

Hi Judy
I am definitely loving the pansy one Hon.
Well Done!
My artist is leaving her facebook live sessions up for a couple of weeks if you want to do any of them. The butterfly was just oil pastels or you could use crayons and the pansy was pencil crayons. Let me know and I can pm you her facebook site.
Thanks - I have also been painting rocks but I am only placing them in my garden not around the neighbourhood as the Town of Ajax has asked us not to.
Here are some of my rock paintings.
P4270039 rocks.jpg
I checked out your site and some of those ideas are cool.

My artist is leaving her facebook live sessions up for a couple of weeks if you want to do any of them. The butterfly was just oil pastels or you could use crayons and the pansy was pencil crayons. Let me know and I can pm you her facebook site.
Thanks - I have also been painting rocks but I am only placing them in my garden not around the neighbourhood as the Town of Ajax has asked us not to.
Here are some of my rock paintings.
View attachment 492238
I checked out your site and some of those ideas are cool.

Now rock painting is something I could definately get into,,thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Mel

I'm thankful I haven't put my warm winter hoodie away for the season. Boys it was cold out there this morning. A lovely sunny day but the wind out of the north had a real bite.

Good day to stay inside and enjoy the sunshine through my windows.

it's almost a year since we had to move my dad into a long term care facility. He's not been well for a very long time, congestive heart failure, diabetes, asthma and most recently cirrhosis of the liver (never drank a day in his life) and he had started falling repeatedly so he was no longer safe at home. As the news surrounding long term care facilities grew darker and increasingly grim I've been waiting for the shoe to drop and everytime the phone rang I jumped. "That call" came late last Wednesday night, a worker in the home had tested positive. My sleep became worse than it had (hard to imagine that was even possible!) While I struggled with what to tell our kids and waiting for the next dreaded call. The next day I did some research and discovered the worker was from a separate floor and that the home had stopped movement betweens floors in February and that by mid March they were not allowing workers to move between facilities, they work strictly in one home on one unit so I was able to relax a bit. It was still a verrry long stressful weekend as I waited for the next call I was sure would be coming.

fast forward to Tuesday afternoon when I got back from grocery shopping and my hubby told me my mom had called. I dropped the bags and swallowed hard choking back tears. Hubby touched my shoulder and apologized for not leading with the awesome news THE ENTIRE FACILITY, STAFF AND RESIDENTS TESTED NEGATIVE,!!!!!!

sorry for the length of this post but I wanted to share fully how I went from utter panic and despair to incredible relief and gratitude

I am thankful that I finally found a jar of Bread machine yeast at the grocery store this morning. All stocked up and ready to bake.

I managed to do 3 shops (once on each card) this week at Metro. Just told the cashier I was shopping for others and had multiple orders to go through. It's the only way to get anything approaching a decent amount of AM in this climate.

So the CF Snowbirds are supposed to flying past Toronto Saturday Morning leaving Trenton after 9:30 and landing in Toronto around 10:30am. I will be outside watching for them as I am just north of the 401 highway in Ajax. I heard they were supposed to be flying over hospitals and the Ajax hospital is just down the road. They only post their projected path the day before and all I can see so far for tomorrow is the first jump. They are making their way East to West.
Updated to add the rest of the Saturday schedule if anybody is interested.
Saturday update - the Snowbirds are delayed - I went out to watch them and watched the snow fall instead.

Attachments

• snowbirds path.jpg
    snowbirds path.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 2
  • snowbirds flypast 2.jpg
    snowbirds flypast 2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 2
  • snowbirds flypast 3.jpg
    snowbirds flypast 3.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Well Snowbirds flyover schedule for Saturday in Ontario has been postponed due to Mother Nature rearing her ugly head.
From the Snowbirds twitter account
"We said SnowBIRDS not SNOW!
Based on the snow and hail in and around Toronto we will be holding 8 Wing Trenton for 24 hours. #OpInspiration #CFSnowbirds
To be clear: no flying today. Go back inside and have something warm and tasty."
Hope it can be rescheduled until tomorrow.

it's almost a year since we had to move my dad into a long term care facility. He's not been well for a very long time, congestive heart failure, diabetes, asthma and most recently cirrhosis of the liver (never drank a day in his life) and he had started falling repeatedly so he was no longer safe at home. As the news surrounding long term care facilities grew darker and increasingly grim I've been waiting for the shoe to drop and everytime the phone rang I jumped. "That call" came late last Wednesday night, a worker in the home had tested positive. My sleep became worse than it had (hard to imagine that was even possible!) While I struggled with what to tell our kids and waiting for the next dreaded call. The next day I did some research and discovered the worker was from a separate floor and that the home had stopped movement betweens floors in February and that by mid March they were not allowing workers to move between facilities, they work strictly in one home on one unit so I was able to relax a bit. It was still a verrry long stressful weekend as I waited for the next call I was sure would be coming.

fast forward to Tuesday afternoon when I got back from grocery shopping and my hubby told me my mom had called. I dropped the bags and swallowed hard choking back tears. Hubby touched my shoulder and apologized for not leading with the awesome news THE ENTIRE FACILITY, STAFF AND RESIDENTS TESTED NEGATIVE,!!!!!!

sorry for the length of this post but I wanted to share fully how I went from utter panic and despair to incredible relief and gratitude

It is great that they are testing the entire facility now. I wonder how often that is going to happen. Looks like Ontario has ramped up their testing to almost 20,000 today.

I am thankful for great craft stores & resource ideas on the internet!
I am feeding my *Grinch Whoville Village* cravings by painting miniature garden pots (terracotta) for each of my Village houses.
I will add some wonky evergreen trees to the pots when I am finished.
Thanks Judy, your rock paintings gave me the idea!

Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter