I beleive I was the first to secure a AKV Reservation.

LarryKeith

Are we there yet!!
Alright I beleive I was first, this is how it went.
I had 2 phones predialed to the first recording, needing just to hit 1 for member services. 1 with 800# and 1 with direct line. I rang in at exactly 9 am with direct line. I immediatly said my members #, name , address to the zip, and my last 4 # of social security #. Kendron was my girl and knew where I was going with this. I stated I wanted AKV Studio Savanna, for Dec 30th and check out on Jan 4th. She immediatly said " I need to put you on hold", my reply was OK JUST HURRY! I was in limbo, not knowing what was going on. 1,2,3,4,5,........6 minutes later. I am about to panic, wandering if she lost me. I used my second phone to call back and nothing but busy signals. O man I knew I had to wait her out. Then she came back and explained.
She told me that the computers where not set up with the new points for AKV yet. She then garrenteed me the reservation because mine was the first request and was on her supervisors desk and would be the first to be inputed as soon as the point issue was corrected. I verified the garrentee verbily with her ( not having a conformation #)and she restated that mine would be the first to be filled. I was so happy! :yay:
It was cridical that I got the new year dates, BCV was full, my other resort. I would normally make the 11 month window for a holiday ressie but my son found out last month he will be in the Disney College Progam and his last day will be Jan 4th. We really wanted to drive him back to Ohio and hate to go to disney without staying for a while. Well I don't come in first often but I think I did on this 1.:cloud9:

Congrats on the nail biting phone adventure and getting into AKV. Have fun!!

Well... don't be mad at me, but... I started calling at 8:50. I too had my landline and my wireless phones in redial mode. Over and over I kept pushing both redials... each time adding a one to the end number string, but I didn't care because it still gets through. Finally, at 8:56 I get an answer. I too try to immediately give my member number, but she stops me and says "we have to wait, I'm going to put you on hold, but the second we are allowed to process reservations... I will pick you back up... be ready... if we do this flawlessly, you will be the first reservation. Waiting.... waiting... then click... hello Mr. Wilson....? Rob..? ROB! wake up.... ROB! you're dreaming.

Sorry. Just had to do it.

I had 2 phones predialed to the first recording, needing just to hit 1 for member services. 1 with 800# and 1 with direct line. I rang in at exactly 9 am with direct line. I immediatly said my members #, name , address to the zip, and my last 4 # of social security #. Kendron was my girl and knew where I was going with this. I stated I wanted AKV Studio Savanna, for Dec 30th and check out on Jan 4th. She immediatly said " I need to put you on hold", my reply was OK JUST HURRY! I was in limbo, not knowing what was going on. 1,2,3,4,5,........6 minutes later. I am about to panic, wandering if she lost me. I used my second phone to call back and nothing but busy signals. O man I knew I had to wait her out. Then she came back and explained.
She told me that the computers where not set up with the new points for AKV yet. She then garrenteed me the reservation because mine was the first request and was on her supervisors desk and would be the first to be inputed as soon as the point issue was corrected. I verified the garrentee verbily with her ( not having a conformation #)and she restated that mine would be the first to be filled. I was so happy! :yay:
It was cridical that I got the new year dates, BCV was full, my other resort. I would normally make the 11 month window for a holiday ressie but my son found out last month he will be in the Disney College Progam and his last day will be Jan 4th. We really wanted to drive him back to Ohio and hate to go to disney without staying for a while. Well I don't come in first often but I think I did on this 1.:cloud9:

Sounds strangely familiar...except I wouldn't give up the phone line until the '08 "issue" was cleared up and we had our confirmation number. My wife was through at 8:58:30 (according to the GMT-synched clock on our laptop), and the rep picked up precisely at 8:59:45.

And then we waited an hour-ish for everything to get squared away and to get our confirmation number (which, FYI, was, from what our rep said, the first '08 ressie made on the system because she was the "guinea pig" before IT let the rest of the "world" at the ressies). But, by then, I know that TONS of '07 ressies had hit the system....because people were posting all over the boards while I waited. :)

Well, I actually got through at 8:58 (I have a speed redial). By 9:03 my reservation was confirmed for Oct. To be honest, it was a lot easier than I thought. I think I got pretty lucky!

Well, I actually got through at 8:58 (I have a speed redial). By 9:03 my reservation was confirmed for Oct. To be honest, it was a lot easier than I thought. I think I got pretty lucky!

I, too, was finished by a little after 9.
I think it was because we were making reservations for 2007.
Sounds like the 2008's were a problem.

My DH got through right at 9am and was told by the MS rep that he was HER first AKV ressie of the day (although maybe not the first overall!). SHe also mentioed they were expecting a crazy day!!! DH called me at 9:05 to tell me we were all booked for oct.

My DH got through right at 9am and was told by the MS rep that he was HER first AKV ressie of the day (although maybe not the first overall!). SHe also mentioed they were expecting a crazy day!!! DH called me at 9:05 to tell me we were all booked for oct.

I too got right through at about 8:58 and was done by around 9:05 with my 2 reservations. The MS rep told me I was also his first ever AKV reservation and he was really excited about it.... :rotfl:

Well, I know I wasn't first !!:rolleyes: I also got through right at 9 - was sooo excited to have a real person pick right up . . . then the '08 'glitch' hit and I wasn't off the phone until well after 9:30! All in all, not as bad as I had expected even without the glitch - and my CM was awesome - kept me updated (and reassured) every few minutes!!:thumbsup2

I too called first thing. I got right through and no wait....except I didn't need 2008 ressies so I got to book mine right away.

I am going in November:)

I got through right away but then the connection was lost...I could hear MS but she couldn't hear me, at least not well enough for me to be comfortable with doing business. So, I hung up and then had to wait in a phone queue, but it wasn't too bad. We're going with a DCuz in September!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Congrats - my daughter is also doing the Disney College Program and I am taking her and my extended family is going down after Christmas and staying to pick her up. Also zipping down once mid way through with a friend who has been wanting to do Disney with me!

I would love to stay in DVC over that time but we aren't buying until she is in the program to get the discount. And by then I suspect it will be too late to secure a room over the holiday.

Anyway very excited for you and your family...as well as mine!

Liz

Disney College Progam

What is the disney college program?

The Disney college program is for college students that have at least 1/2 year college done. There is allot of info on the Dis college boards, or one can just go To disney site and go to corporate and it will explain the differences and requirments of each of there programs. He will live in a dorm ( for a fee) work at Disney( he's in operations), and take some classes they offer right at disney for free ( he has to buy the books) and earn up to 5 credits. OSU said they think they will transfer them. Not all colleges will honor the credits.
He is doing this because his goal is to work at ESPN and this should help him toward a possibly Intership either there or at Disney. During his Junior year.

Congrats - my daughter is also doing the Disney College Program and I am taking her and my extended family is going down after Christmas and staying to pick her up. Also zipping down once mid way through with a friend who has been wanting to do Disney with me!

I would love to stay in DVC over that time but we aren't buying until she is in the program to get the discount. And by then I suspect it will be too late to secure a room over the holiday.

Anyway very excited for you and your family...as well as mine!

Liz

I know once he's there (in the college program) they said we could get a discount, up to 40% off Rake Rate. But I don't thnk it has anything to do with the DVC. Or is there something you know that I don't.:rolleyes:

Well, I definitely wasn't first.:rotfl: I called today (May 23) for a resi in Nov & had no problem getting the exact resi I wanted- 2 studios Nov 10 - 17. I guess cause only AKL owners could book & you could only use the AKL points it wasn't as hard as everyone thought it would be. :confused3

The funny thing was, I couldn't get a BC room months ago, but I could get any room I wanted a week after booking started in the most popular DVC resort, AKL. That is quite funny to me.:rotfl:

I know once he's there (in the college program) they said we could get a discount, up to 40% off Rake Rate. But I don't thnk it has anything to do with the DVC. Or is there something you know that I don't.:rolleyes:

Yes CMs and their families can buy into DVC at a 25% discount - which of course is subject to change however our guide said it had been that amount for some time - we can do this with our daughter's name on it or without it and still receive the discount. Other incentives also apply.

We will use the room discount too but the discount on buying into DVC is certainly nice!

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter