*COMPLETE* "I don't care if i'm allergic, I'M EATING IT!" A Sept '17 dining report

Texans_loyal

Operation Disney is Underway!
HELLO HUMAANNNS!!

YmoEM8Dl.jpg

My name is Farah, i'm 26 years old and just like y’all I’m a Disney foodie!:wave2:
My parents took us to WDW once back in '95 and loved it but we never went back. Fast forward to December of 2015 when I got an email from Frontier airlines saying I can fly to Orlando for $15. My eyes lit up and instantly thought of Disney world! I called my mom screaming “we’re going to Disney!” well, that trip opened a can of worms…10 trips to DW and 2 trips to DL later, you can say I was hooked.:rolleyes1
I always wanted to write a dining report but shied away from the idea. I was diagnosed with MS last year and feel like my writing skills took a hit. If you find any errors, please let me know and I will fix them :crazy2:

This trip started when free dining was announced back in May. I was intrigued since we have never been on the dining plan and normally pay out of pocket. Let’s be honest, I just wanted another excuse to go home. ::yes::
I asked my sister (we will call her H) if she and my niece yaya would like to come and she agreed instantly. We decided on 4 nights at POP with a 2 day park hopper and MNSSHP tickets.

When I did the math, the quick service plan only ended up costing us $183. I can spend $183 in one day at Epcot so that was a no-brainer. I then started toying with the idea of upgrading to the dining plan. It would be an additional $190 but I was positive we would come out ahead. My other hobby is extreme couponing and deal hunting so I was on a mission to save as much as we can! H agreed to upgrading especially since character meals would be covered.

H found it weird that I would ask her what she wanted to eat 120 days in advance…Amateur. :headache: She looked at me like I was nuts when I showed her my food list. “aren’t you allergic to almost everything on here?!” with a side eye I told her I didn’t care if I was allergic, I’m eating everything my stomach desires. Besides, I bought 3 packs of Benadryl and 2 epipens.:P

Dining Plan:
24 Snack credits
8 adult Table service
4 kid table service
12 Quick service

Let's get this show on the road!!

Last edited:
9/20

Travel Day
I woke up super excited and bouncing off the walls. After the year I’ve had health wise, this trip was just what I needed!

I decided to do a half day at work and not waste a vacation day. This ended up being perfect because I got to use the screen print machine and finish my costume. I have a soft spot for Hades:love:

yPJMG1Cl.jpg

Noon came quick and I was out of there! My Brother dropped H and yaya off and we were finally on the way to the airport. we were jamming to the Boo to you parade soundtrack to get us in the Disney spirit. :drive:
Yaya and I have watched hundreds of boo to you videos on youtube and we were pumped!

Hj5Twptl.jpg

g47KAidl.jpg

Once we got through security, we made our way to Pappasitos. The have the best Tex-Mex food :cloud9:

They were out of fajitas so I settled for chicken and beef nachos. $16

ADbM4z9l.jpg

H got the mixed quasadillas $16

4jwPLQll.jpg

yaya got a slice of pizza from the place next door $6

we got to the gate early and had an uneventful flight. I did the happy dance when we landed 40 minutes early.

0NqFpQtl.jpg

9/21 Part 1 Epcot

We were up bright and early, it was our first park day!

We skipped through security and made our way to guest relations. I was becoming an annual passholder today! The line was long and out in the sun, I told H to go ahead and meet Daisy. I would meet up with them once I was done. I never thought I would be able to afford an AP but I was able to save all of my swagbucks GCs and not only pay for my trip but the AP also! Free AP? YES PLEASE!

I heard stories on here of CMs that didn’t know how to bridge tickets but my CM was very knowledgeable and fast. I paid the difference and ran to the AP line.

rnh9PBGl.jpg

Epcot was ridiculously crowded today! I finally found H and yaya. We rode spaceship earth, living with the land and soarin before heading to sunshine seasons. I planned on eating around the world but H wasn’t feeling the food and wine selections.

H got Oak-grilled Rotisserie Chicken

HimrRRtl.jpg

Rotisserie Cooked 1/2 Chicken with Yellow Rice and Black Beans

(substituted for mashed potatoes and corn) $12.29

Yaya got Macaroni & Cheese served with Green Beans and includes choice of Carrots, GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce, Apple Slices, Dannon® Danimals® Smoothie or Cookie and a small Beverage.

She asked for broccoli but they didn’t have any.

TcM9FxMl.jpg

(Substituted for roasted potatoes and jello) $6.29

And I got a Mickey Oreo cheesecake to snack on. $4.29

tAESJtfl.jpg

H said her food was gross. the chicken was slimy, The mashed potatoes tasted like instant and the corn was cold. She took a couple of bites and was done. Yaya liked her mac and cheese but didn’t touch the potatoes. The mickey cheesecake is adorable and not bad tasting. I would split this next time as it was too heavy to eat in one sitting.

DDP Credits used = 2 QS credits

Snack credits used = 1

DDP value = $22.87

Out of Pocket = $0

Food and wine Booths

We headed back outside and into the world showcase to the right. I was ready for the booths!

oCpPHfll.jpg

First up! The Cheese Studio

MLgcVqfl.jpg

Braised Beef “Stroganoff” with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom, and Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce – $5.00

This was nasty, One bite and into the trash it went. The beef was tough and the pickles seems out of place.

Wine and Dine Studio

VCPOgqGl.jpg

Seared Scallops, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussel Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms featuring Melissa’s Produce – $5.75

The scallops were perfect and not tough. I enjoyed the Brussel sprouts and mushrooms but the celery root puree was a no. I would order it again without the puree.

Australia

M0Ffa09l.jpg

Grilled Lamb T-Bone with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies (GF) – $7.50

HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE! The lamb was medium well and paired well with the pesto. What really took the dish up a notch was the potato crunchies. I would order 5 of these and call it a meal.

New Zealand

dlpDdEdl.jpg

Seared Venison Loin with Wild Mushroom Marsala Sauce and Kumara Purée – $6.50

This was good aside from the puree. This trip I realized I am not a puree person.

Canada

wNwYSmEl.jpg

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup served with a Pretzel Roll – $5.00

kEXv37Il.jpg

“Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce (GF) – $8.00

The filet was cooked perfectly and tasted very buttery. I’ve never been to Le Cellier but It’s on the list for next time! The soup was also good but it was too hot for soup. I ended up throwing it away after a couple of bites. The pretzel roll was stale, bummer.

Refreshment Port

DjslrdNl.jpg

Fried Chicken Breast Nuggets with DOLE Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce — $9.49 OOP

H isn’t as adventures when it comes to food, she couldn’t wait to get her hands on something familiar. She said they were the best chicken nuggets she has ever had. Nice and hot.

By this point yaya was getting cranky and we were all sweating. H decided to head to the buses while I went to Japan. Japan is my favorite pavilion, I can’t wait to go to Tokyo Disney one day!

Japan

Ef5ZgObl.jpg

Salmon BLT Sushi Roll – $7.95 (no bacon)

I loved the mix of flavors and the pieces are huge. I would get this again.

I browsed the shops and got my favorite Japanese soda $2.99 OOP

j2I0tMml.jpg

At this point the crowds were crazy and I had had enough. I made my way out of international gate and walked to the boardwalk. Although I was stuffed, I needed to try ample hills!

I walked in and asked for a scoop of ooey gooey. The CM told me I can get a sundae and she would ring it up as a snack credit. SCORE! I love pixie dust.

L6wYpecl.jpg

the creamiest Vanilla Ice Cream made with Cream Cheese and gobs of House-made St. Louis-Style Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. A staff favorite! $12.50

14G2Cw3l.jpg

After the 5th bite I felt ooey gooey, You could’ve rolled me down the boardwalk.

DDP Credits used = 1 QS credit

Snack credits used = 8

DDP value = $58.20

Out of Pocket = $12.98

Your suitecase is so cute. I've been thinking about buying a suitecase while at Disney.

The food you got at the food and wine festival look great, I tried a couple of those items on my last trip.

That ice cream looks delicious. Both me and my boyfriend agreed it's our favorite ice cream shop on property. The flavor sounds delicious too.

I walked in and asked for a scoop of ooey gooey. The CM told me I can get a sundae and she would ring it up as a snack credit. SCORE! I love pixie dust.

Wait!!!!!! Ample Hills takes DP credits? I didn't know this. The menu says it doesn't.

What a fun review! Your title makes me nervous, glad you have your epi pen...the celeriac puree would sent me straight to First Aid, it is my worst allergy.

Following along...enjoying your reviews so far!

Welcome! :wave2: thank you for joining!

Your suitecase is so cute. I've been thinking about buying a suitecase while at Disney.

The food you got at the food and wine festival look great, I tried a couple of those items on my last trip.

That ice cream looks delicious. Both me and my boyfriend agreed it's our favorite ice cream shop on property. The flavor sounds delicious too.

Thank you! the suit case puts me in the Disney spirit :cloud9: it's very spacious and worth the money! I just read your report update, great minds think alike! were you able to try anything on the opposite side? Ooey gooey is heaven. definitely my favorite ice cream on property.

Wait!!!!!! Ample Hills takes DP credits? I didn't know this. The menu says it doesn't.

I believe it's for a sing scoop, can't find it online either. I will try try to find m receipt.

What a fun review! Your title makes me nervous, glad you have your epi pen...the celeriac puree would sent me straight to First Aid, it is my worst allergy.

Thank you! I had some prednisone on hand also so no worries!

Thank you! the suit case puts me in the Disney spirit :cloud9: it's very spacious and worth the money! I just read your report update, great minds think alike! were you able to try anything on the opposite side? Ooey gooey is heaven. definitely my favorite ice cream on property.
No, we wanted to try more food, but with all the rain and our dinner reservations coming up we just didn't have time. Partially my fault since I stayed in bed until noon lol. We'll just have to go back.

'Ohana…make way make way

After ample hills I met H and yaya back at POP. We relaxed for a couple of hours and got ready for our night at HS. We headed straight for TSM to use our FP. The park was EMPTY!! I was able to snag a FP for TOT and Fantasmic. We normally don’t watch shows so this was a first for all 3 of us. IT WAS AWESOME! As soon as Fantasmic ended, we made a dash for the buses. While deliriously waiting for a bus I started singing:

‘Ohana…make way...make way

‘Ohana it’s time you knew

That We made room for you

A bus finally made it’s way around 9 pm…an hour after we got to the bus stop.

Traffic was a mess since all the parks were closing early, it took us 45 minutes to get to Poly.

Thankfully we were seated immediately once we got to ‘Ohana.

GZEtF0xl.jpg

Our “cousin” brought Pineapple-Coconut Bread with butter. This was delicious, we hadn’t eaten since Epcot so we were starving! :drinking1

lepoR1zl.jpg

H and I both ordered passion fruit lemonade. Yaya got coke (we needed to make sure she stayed awake)

eSLTnl0l.jpg

The Mixed Greens Salad - with a Lilikoi dressing was brought with our drinks. I refuse to touch anything green on vacation so I have no idea what it tasted like.:upsidedow H said it was refreshing.

mJ4ZGHdl.jpg

Next up was Honey Coriander Chicken Wings, Noodles - Tossed in a Teriyaki Sauce and Stir-Fried Vegetables. We don’t eat pork so no dumplings :worried: the wings had a lot of meat on them and were juicy. The noodles were a bit dry but still good. The vegetables had a bite to them which I love.

lOLEewfl.jpg

Yaya didn’t want anything off the kid’s menu so she got her own plate of noodles and veggies. She loves broccoli! :confused:

9NZ5w8zl.jpg

FINALLY, THE GOOD STUFF!!

GghXaUgl.jpg

Sweet and Sour Chicken

WDQfLqcl.jpg

Szechuan Sirloin Steak

2KO5TtXl.jpg

g221Vyhl.jpg

Spicy Grilled Peel-n-Eat Shrimp :cloud9:

Everything was hot and very good! H was amazed by how good everything was. The shrimp and steak were my favorite, I may have eaten a whole skewer ::yes::

The grand finale

mPo6bqEl.jpg

Ohana Bread Pudding - served a la mode with Bananas, vanilla ice cream and Caramel Sauce.

dORm8IHl.jpg

Yaya got a rice krispie with mickey sprinkles.

We settled the bill and crawled out of Poly. It was midnight at this point, we were exhausted.:crazy2:

While i liked 'Ohana, i felt like everything but the bread was very sweet. i used pepper to cut some of the sugar out. H didn't think it was sweet at all.

DDP Credits used = 2 adult TS credits
and 1 Kids TS credit

Snack credits used = 0

DDP value = $117.15

Out of Pocket = $22 Tip

Last edited:
9/21
Is it POOTEEN or POOTIN?

we got some much needed sleep this morning, Today was party day! H and yaya went swimming while I went to Disney Springs for my makeup appointment at Sephora. I got there early so I decided to get something to eat.

The daily Poutine

RG6KQLfl.jpg

CLASSIC POUTINE

$8.49

French Fries, Beef Poutine Gravy and Cheddar Cheese Curds

The fries and gravy were hot and fresh. The cheese on the other hand was cold like it was sitting in the fridge. When mixed together it was fine, it kept me full for a while.

I made my way over to Sephora and got my makeup done with Delilah. SHE IS AMAZING! Took about 2 hours but she did an awesome job!

CNvJOs1l.jpg

DDP Credits used = 1 quick service credit

Snack credits used = 0

DDP value = $8.49

Out of Pocket = 0
COLOR]

Last edited:
It’s really not so scary!

I got back to the room and started getting ready. It was starting to get dark out and I wanted to avoid the rain. Of course, it poured as soon as we left the room. Yaya had a long Elena dress on that was drenched by the time we made it on the bus. We got to the kingdom at 3:30 and were able to enter early.

ucqlgaDl.jpg

We used the bypass to get our candy bags. I asked for the turquoise allergy bag, The cm gave me a handful of tokens!! We made our way to fantasyland to meet Elena, Cinderella, Rapunzel and Tiana.

FTrMMV7l.jpg

Home

Next was Dumbo, yaya’s favorite ride.:duck: I didn’t want my wig to fly off so I went to Big Top Souvenirs
to buy party merch and my favorite treat.

S1OkcZPl.jpg

I LOVE the red slushy. Artificial goodness! $3.99

s6tQWipl.jpg

Not surprisingly, I grabbed this little guy. NMP.

I met up with H and yaya at BOG where We checked In for our 6 pm reservation.

At 6:10 I received a text saying our table was ready. We headed across the bridge and waited for the host.

aaGMGq3l.jpg

We were seated in the ballroom right across from the beast. Yaya took one look at him and flipped out. I was a bit intimidated as well, he’s huge! :eek:

DRaqhU1l.jpg

Odwalla® All-Natural Lemonade-sweetened with Organic Cane Juice and topped with a Wildberry Foam

Odwalla® All-Natural Fruit Punch-sweetened with Organic Cane Juice and Wildberry Extract topped with Lemon-Lime Foam

Yaya had Coke in a souvenir cup

PRPGNRTl.jpg

OMG the bread was amazing. Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside. I am pretty sure I ate 10 of them.

mJlHylYl.jpg

French Onion Soup

topped with a Crouton and Gruyère Cheese $9.00

H and I loved the soup last year at lunch, but this time the soup wasn’t as hot and the bread was soggy.

Q4aGbMRl.jpg

H ordered the Pan-seared Chicken Breast

Served with Confit Fingerling Potatoes and Arugula Salad with Braised Heirloom Tomatoes and a Roasted Garlic Aïoli $27.00

She hated it. The chicken was cold and rubbery.

UPDATE: I got my notes mixed up! :surfweb: H actually loved her chicken. it was seasoned perfectly and was filling.

CwvRefyl.jpg

Grilled Strip Steak with Garlic-Herb Butter and Pommes Frites $35.00

I asked for the steak to be cooked medium well but it was well done. No biggie, I was starving so I scarfed it down. I loved the pommes firtes and the green beans but the steak tasted like a $15 outback steak not a $35 steak.

w8nTYHa.jpg

Beast Casserole- Macaroni and Cheese served with Seasonal Vegetables and choice of one (1) Beverage and one (1) Dessert $10.00

I thought it was funny she only got 2 pieces of broccoli but then I remembered normal 4 year olds don’t eat broccoli.:rolleyes1 We didn’t receive a kid's dessert?

https://i.imgur.com/xwaY7WQl.jpg[/img]

The waitress was nice enough to bring this out for yaya since she would start screaming every time the beast would walk by.

xwaY7WQ.jpg

We were too full for dessert and anxious to get to the party.

nEiCCu5.jpg

The beast’s line was 30 min long, we decided it wasn’t worth it and left.

I was very underwhelmed by this meal. Some of these reviews had me feeling like fireworks were going to erupt in my mouth but it was very mediocre. The restaurant was crowded and the wait staff seemed in a rush. Our food did come out quick but most of it was cold. if we weren't on the dining plan, i wouldn't be happy.
One and done for us, we will be back for lunch though.

DDP Credits used = 2 adult TS and 1 kid TS

Snack credits used = 1

DDP value = $97.22

Out of Pocket = $16.20
(for the soup. minus AP dc)

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited:
Your make up looks amazing..they did an awesome job.
Sorry about your time at BOG..we too had a similar mediocre experience but I'm glad we at least tried it and got to see the inside of the castle.

Great reviews, can't wait to read more!

Your Ohana meal looks so good. I can't wait to go back there. I don't know how you did it so late though. I was so stuffed when I ate there and it was at like 3 in the afternoon. I need to learn some moderation there, I could just stay there all day eating. I'm sorry your BOG meal wasn't great. I've never tried any of the items you had.

No, we wanted to try more food, but with all the rain and our dinner reservations coming up we just didn't have time. Partially my fault since I stayed in bed until noon lol. We'll just have to go back.

Hope you get a chance to go back and try them! looks like Disney is pretty booked till the end of the year. i will have to wait till next year.

I recognize your airport. That pappasitos is where most of our WDW trips start too!

Honestly, is there a better way to start a vacation? Thank you for reading!

Same! But we try to use the other airport as it's closer to us.

I normally fly out of Bush when i take spirit. Thank you for reading!

Your make up looks amazing..they did an awesome job.
Sorry about your time at BOG..we too had a similar mediocre experience but I'm glad we at least tried it and got to see the inside of the castle.

Great reviews, can't wait to read more!

Thank you! she made sure to make it super dramatic. I think BOG is great for lunch price wise but for dinner it's pushing it a bit. thank you for reading!

Your Ohana meal looks so good. I can't wait to go back there. I don't know how you did it so late though. I was so stuffed when I ate there and it was at like 3 in the afternoon. I need to learn some moderation there, I could just stay there all day eating. I'm sorry your BOG meal wasn't great. I've never tried any of the items you had.

With the parks closing so early I thought it was a good idea to have a late dinner. I also wanted to make sure we weren't rushed out. i think BOG just needs to slow down the pace and take it easy. i can't wait to have lunch there again.

We love Ohana too....your meal looks amazing! Too bad about BOG for dinner, it really doesn't seem worth it for the $$$$. I agree with you on lunch. I enjoyed the french onion soup and master's cupcake this summer which was so good. It's fun to see the inside of the castle too.

Not so scary Cont.

When we left BOG the party was in full swing.

I had my eye on the mickey pumpkin popcorn bucket so I got in line. 20 minutes later I finally got my hands on one!

4BQJIYw.jpg

$14

We started to make our way out of fantasy land to go trick or treating. After hitting up a couple of spots I suggested we find a spot to watch the parade.

The area in front of Heritage house was empty so I told H and yaya to save our spots while I got snacks.

First order of business:

9537URb.jpg

Cashing in these babies.

6T7JpSSl.jpg

The CM didn’t even count them, He filled 2 bags with gummy worms and cookies and sent me on my way. Maybe being allergic to a million things isn’t so bad after all? :p

I went around the corner to sleepy hallow to grab our snacks.

xvCtLOCl.jpg

2mg9blDl.jpg

Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich served with Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread $7.99

Pumpkin Mickey Waffle with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles and caramel sauce $6.49 (snack eligible)

H dreams of the waffle sandwich. it was hot, crispy and fresh.

I loved the pumpkin mickey waffles! the ice cream made the waffles a bit soggy, i would separate them next time.

After the parade, we watched Hallowishes and rode most of the rides. Thankfully everything except SDMT was a walk on, even space mountain! We got in line for SDMT at 11:57. It had a 70 min wait time but it was better than fighting to get on a bus. We only ended up waiting 20 minutes. This was yaya’s first roller coaster so I was a bit nervous but she ended up loving it. We made our way out of MK and back to pop. Up next: Pandora!

DDP Credits used = 0

Snack credits used = 1

DDP value = $6.49

Out of Pocket = $21.99
[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts