I don't understand difference between CCV and Boulder Ridge

jodifla

WDW lover since 1972
Can someone break it down for me? Is one totally new, and the other a redo of the old Wilderness Lodge Villas?

BRV is the original DVC building at WL, which is located down a short covered path from the main building. CCV is a wing of hotel rooms in the main WL building that were converted to DVC rooms (the rooms have brand new furniture and interior decorating). BRV and CCV are separate contracts with different expiration dates and home booking advantage.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge were just renamed to Boulder Ridge to prevent confusion. :rolleyes1

It's actually done nothing BUT cause confusion. However, it was just a rename and nothing was redone there.

As mentioned, CCV is the new association at the Wilderness Lodge resort that was created from converted WL hotel rooms and the addition of the Cabins along Bay Lake.

CCV has cabins and Grand Villas which Boulder Ridge does not have.

They are both DVC Villas at the Wilderness Lodge, and they share the beautiful lobby check in with the Lodge guests.

Just because I enjoy talking about my home resort, I'll echo what the others have said.

There are now two DVC resorts at Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Copper Creek Villas and Cabins (CCVC) and Boulder Ridge Villas (BRV). Copper Creek is a new DVC resort and encompasses the renovated and repurposed rooms of the entire south wing of the main Lodge--the same side where sits the check-in desk--as well as 26 lake side cabins that span both the north and south side of the Lodge. Within the Copper Creek family, you can reserve the whole gamut of DVC rooms: studio, 1BR, 2BR, and Grand Villa. . .all of which can be found in the Lodge proper. These rooms generally have either a main pool (interior) view or a Geyser Point/new pool (exterior) view. Additionally, the cabins are also 2BRs but are, obviously, stand alone units. Twelve of the cabins (8001 through 8012), sit on the north side of the main Lodge, or if you will, to the left of the boat dock as you face it. The other 14 (8013-8026) are on the right of the main Lodge, roughly paralleling the BRV wing.

Speaking of BRV, that is simply a renaming of the original Villas at the Wilderness Lodge or VWL. To those of us who have owned there for years, this resort will always be known as VWL; my deed will alway say VWL; and I will always call it VWL. Anyway, those rooms are older and include studios, 1BRs, and 2BRs--no Grand Villas. These rooms were refurbished about three years ago. This is still a separate DVC resort (and has no real connection to CCVC other than proximity) and encompasses the entire building that is connected by the covered walkway to the south of the main Lodge. Disney, with its inherent use of questionable logic, decided to rename this resort from VWL to BRV. . .in order to reduce confusion. As pointed out above, this renaming has likely created MORE head-scratching than just leaving it the same name as before. To further muddle things, they also changed the name of the main pool to Copper Creek Pool. Moreover, when they built the cabins for the Copper Creek resort, they took out the old VWL pool (known as Hidden Springs) and put a new pool in dubbed Boulder Ridge Pool. Both pools are open to all guests.

Finally, as part of the master plan at the Lodge, they removed the beach and put in a new hybrid QS/bar service eatery named Geyser Point. It's not really a part of either CCVC or VWL (BRV if you must) but is aimed at improving the deluxe feel of the whole Wilderness Lodge complex. Though I mourn the loss of the beach as it had great sentimental value, I will admit that GP has succeeded in ramping up the image of WL, as have the new cabins. On the other hand, and getting a little bit off topic here, the recently finished refurbishment of Roaring Fork has reduced it to second class status among QS areas. The menu was drastically changed, as was how they cook the food, and it's a shell of what it used to be.

Everything else at the Lodge has remained virtually the same: the ambiance, the beauty, the boats, the music, and the massive lobby all still offer a great respite from the crowded parks, as well as creating a nice alternative to the more bustling resorts such as BLT, VGF, and BCV among others. Despite the changes, I still find the entire Lodge experience draws me in.

Last Saturday the WL lobby was a zoo. Not a seat to be had as we waited for DME, is this the new norm as DVCers check out and others are waiting for their rooms to be ready? In addition like with other WDW resorts, Disney has set up merchandising tables in the lobby to sell to the crowded room.

:earsboy: Bill

......, the recently finished refurbishment of Roaring Fork has reduced it to second class status among QS areas. The menu was drastically changed, as was how they cook the food, and it's a shell of what it used to be.

I just don't understand this. They did a lot of work and spent a lot of time to improve the seating to improve the experience and then made the main part - the food - worse? As it was the menu and food prep was a shadow of it's former self and had been dumbed down only a few years earlier. I thought that Gasparilla Grill at GF was improved on a bit with it's refurb but most others are getting taken down to theme park levels - few choices for a captive audience. Just a few years ago Mara was my favorite resort QS followed by Roaring Fork. After the changes a few years ago Roaring Fork dropped in my ranking with the exception of the Magic Bar which is truly Magical. :laughing: And now it sounds even sadder like it may be hitting the bottom of my list next to Capt Cooks which also has gotten worse IMO. Of course there is the new counter service over by Geyser point but I think that's seen some changes since it opened too?

Villas at Wilderness Lodge were just renamed to Boulder Ridge to prevent confusion. :rolleyes1

It's actually done nothing BUT cause confusion. However, it was just a rename and nothing was redone there.

I know! I can never remember which is the former VWL. And although people have tried to explain it to me, I cannot understand why they had to rename the VWL.

I just don't understand this. They did a lot of work and spent a lot of time to improve the seating to improve the experience and then made the main part - the food - worse? As it was the menu and food prep was a shadow of it's former self and had been dumbed down only a few years earlier. I thought that Gasparilla Grill at GF was improved on a bit with it's refurb but most others are getting taken down to theme park levels - few choices for a captive audience. Just a few years ago Mara was my favorite resort QS followed by Roaring Fork. After the changes a few years ago Roaring Fork dropped in my ranking with the exception of the Magic Bar which is truly Magical. :laughing: And now it sounds even sadder like it may be hitting the bottom of my list next to Capt Cooks which also has gotten worse IMO. Of course there is the new counter service over by Geyser point but I think that's seen some changes since it opened too?

We used to like Roaring fork's menu. Now, post-change, there was literally only one thing on the lunch/dinner menu that had any appeal. Geyser Point had two. We actually considered going over to Poly and captain Cook's as it had more options for us.

SW

I know! I can never remember which is the former VWL. And although people have tried to explain it to me, I cannot understand why they had to rename the VWL.

Because there are now two "villas at WL":

Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Copper Creek Villas and Cabins at Wilderness Lodge

are their full names.

I know. I presume they've managed to cut costs by streamlining the menu (a euphemism for reducing the quality). I've had a few of their sandwiches there and found them solid. Luv and I loved their Mickey waffles which they used to make to order and came with a few topping choices. Now, the batter doesn't appear to be the same, and the toppings are gone except for some glob they push as bananas foster-style. Further, the waffles come in baskets that appear mass-produced. The ones we've had (and for many others I've read) were soggy and tasteless. We won't return without changes. As for GP, they started off with some very nice selections, including our favorite eggs benedict (two different ways) in the morning and a great salmon BLT for lunch or dinner. All have been removed which is disappointing.

Last Saturday the WL lobby was a zoo. Not a seat to be had as we waited for DME, is this the new norm as DVCers check out and others are waiting for their rooms to be ready? In addition like with other WDW resorts, Disney has set up merchandising tables in the lobby to sell to the crowded room.

:earsboy: Bill
It may be, Bill. Certainly, having the entire Lodge open after a two-year hiatus and the lure of a brand, spanking new DVC resort added to the already very busy time during the holidays. I do hope this season is not indicative for every holiday season going forward.

are their full names.
Yep. I'm sure they thought renaming VWL would help people distinguish between it and CCVC. Uh, most people are bright enough to have known the difference. Those who didn't wouldn't be helped by yet another name.

It may be, Bill. Certainly, having the entire Lodge open after a two-year hiatus and the lure of a brand, spanking new DVC resort added to the already very busy time during the holidays. I do hope this season is not indicative for every holiday season going forward.

We found the lobby crazy busy on the weekend (Sat/Sun), but not nearly as bad the Monday and Tuesday we were there. And of course at 2 am it is pretty quiet (and good for picture taking) ;-) Not that anyone I know was doing laundry in the CCV laundry room at that time... [btw, the CCV laundry room opens to the hallway over the front desk looking into the lobby... lobby/people watching was pretty neat each time we switched a load :-)

Yep. I'm sure they thought renaming VWL would help people distinguish between it and CCVC. Uh, most people are bright enough to have known the difference. Those who didn't wouldn't be helped by yet another name.

Add in to the name mix the people who don't know that Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge are two separate resorts and it gets quite confusing to many. We had two separate occasions on this trip where people were on our bus thinking they were going to Fort Wilderness for Hoop de Doo or so other reason. I'm sure if Disney had known all the issues they would have taken a different path on the names of the two resorts and the two DVC resorts.

I can never remember either, but I just figured out an easy way:

B is earlier in the alphabet than C.

Boulder Ridge came earlier than Copper Creek.

Aha! That's exactly the type of thing I can use-thanks for the tip!

are their full names.
Except in the legal descriptions of the villas according to Timeshare laws. Just like OKW is not OKW legally. It is Disney Vacation Club. BRV will always be Villas at Wilderness Lodge legally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!