I found the secret to enjoying WDW

ScubaD

She is my Disney
OK, I know many of you have probably discovered this secret, but for me it hit home on this current trip and it improved my attitude 100%.

It is very important to realize every child under the age of 10 requires 36 square feet of active space. At any moment that child has the right to move around without warning within that 36 sq. ft. and they may even run a half marathon while waiting in line for Splash Mountain, etc. And we are not welcome within that 36 sq. ft. and if they happen to move close to you , you are still the person invading their space and can be run into without regard.

Really though, in a world where so many children are hurt emotionnally and physically it does my heart good to see so many kids having a great time. I cant wait to take my grandchildren to WDW with their own 36 sq. ft.

Dave

I agree kids do seem to just wonder in their own world. when I am in Disney kids never seem to anger me but the adults need to learn how to be more carefree like their children;)

OR MAYBE WE CAN TALK THE KIDS IN TO USING THE EXTRA LARGE LOCKERS FOR THE TIME OUTS THEY NEED TO GIVE THOES OVER STRESSED PARENTS
The extra large lockers have always been effective whenI want to shop at the World of Disney. DH hates that store so I find that it he just stays put in a comfortable locker, I can have free roam of the store without listening to his whining. Disney DOES think of everything! :thumbsup2

OP - thanks for the ingenious insight! Having two young children myself, I completely agree with this comment. You need to repost it over on the theme park attractions and strategies forum... and probably a couple other forums, as well.

So the magic number is 36 square feet.... is that a 6' x 6' square, or a circle? Do I have to use pi in my calculations? I am trying to figure out how much bubblewrap to bring to protect my shins.....:teacher:

Thats why we always suggest parents use the large lockers. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Kevin you have no idea how many kids I have wanted to stuff in those lockers ;)

It is very important to realize every child under the age of 10 requires 36 square feet of active space. At any moment that child has the right to move around without warning within that 36 sq. ft. and they may even run a half marathon while waiting in line for Splash Mountain, etc. And we are not welcome within that 36 sq. ft. and if they happen to move close to you , you are still the person invading their space and can be run into without regard.

Dave

As someone who was punched by a random kid at WDW last trip , I have to agree with you about the 36 sq. feet of space. Stupid me I walked right into one kids space as he decided to turn around and punch out into space. :rolleyes: Thankfully it was me and not my DH, that could have been much more painful for him :rolleyes1 And then you would have seen a kid get stuffed in a locker ;)

So the magic number is 36 square feet.... is that a 6' x 6' square, or a circle? Do I have to use pi in my calculations? I am trying to figure out how much bubblewrap to bring to protect my shins.....:teacher:

It follows more of a blackhole phenomenon and anyone at anytime and anyspace at anytime can be inside of that 36 sq. ft. Including but not limited to: parents, siblings, ride attendants, complete strangers, characters, Mickey Bars, and of course lines where they wander 36 feet out in a kick back design from you and you panic wondering where they have gotten to and look up to see that they have cut 36 feet of people off (true story). Being under 4 foot has it's priviledges for this crowd, those cue ropes are just the right height to either hang on, sit on, or go under. And they are also the perfect height for mom or dad to nearly break their neck in pursuit!

The extra large lockers have always been effective whenI want to shop at the World of Disney. DH hates that store so I find that it he just stays put in a comfortable locker, I can have free roam of the store without listening to his whining. Disney DOES think of everything! :thumbsup2

so thats was that wrapping noise the last time I was in DTD :lmao:

Crud. I meant hamster ball. Those plastic things.

Grr. I have to stop staying up so late. ;D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter