I guess I'm rope dropping IASW! ~ A March 2024 TR updated 04/20 x2!

suse66

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!

Hello lovely friends old and new and welcome to this happy place!!

I'm Susan, lover of all things Disney especially Disney dresses, Disney Dooney and Bourke bags, Disney pin trading, Disney Pandora charms and so on. I am a proud DVC owner at Boulder Ridge Villas and a brand new annual passholder!

Here are a few of my favourite things.....

Park ~ Animal Kingdom
Lounge ~ Nomad Lounge
Ride ~ People Mover
Snack ~ Any flavour of Dole Whip
Character ~ Chip and Dale
Festival ~ Flower and Garden

IMG_5310.JPG

This trip took place over our Ontario March Break (March 12-17) as I am a kindergarten educator and have little flexibility when I can travel. Crowds were busy but manageable with a good touring strategy. I was happy to be able to enjoy time with friends in the parks as well as some time on my own.

As I was fresh out of DVC points ( and this was a last minute trip) I snagged a room at CBR and ended up LOVING the resort.

Join with me as I relive 5 days of fun, food and friendship in my happiest of happy places. I'm glad you're here.
IMG_5311.JPG

I’m here! I’m really excited to hear all about it!
I love the pictures! Your outfits are spot on as usual!

I'm following along! The title made me chuckle, as last year I also rope-dropped IASW and, on day 2, the bathroom. :sad2:

Popping over from your PTR. Looking forward to reading more
:welcome: Glad you're here!
I’m so excited to read about your trip!! Glad we got to meet!
HI Jessica! So happy we got to meet too. Your girls are adorable. :)
I’m here and can’t wait to hear about your trip!
Hi Jenny! Happy you are joining in!
Can’t wait to hear more! Cute pictures of you 😊
:welcome:Thanks for following along. :)
I’m here! I’m really excited to hear all about it!
I love the pictures! Your outfits are spot on as usual!
HI Caroline!! So happy you are here! Thanks for your kind words, you know I always have fun with Disney outfits. :)
I'm here! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!
Hi Alison! Thanks for joining in!
Here! Back to read later. :)
:welcome:
Following along :-)
Following
I’m here. Love the intro. Great photo of you. Fab outfit. Can’t wait to read more :goodvibes
Hi Moira! Thank you for your sweet comments.....I had so much fun planning outfits for this trip.

I know that you will get some great discounts with your annual pass. :)

I can't wait to hear about your trip, especially your experience at CBR. I would think that location is everything at this resort. :)

I'm here and can't wait to follow along. :goodvibes Your intro pictures are just lovely! You can see how happy you are, especially in the Chip and Dale photo.

Welcome to the Caribbean!

I had the best flight after a very easy time dealing with security and customs. I had heard nightmare stories from the weekend before with huge lines and delays but it seemed that Tuesday afternoon was the perfect time to travel. I had a window seat and watched the landscape below which was so interesting as I never realized how far north the Blue Ridge mountain range extended. The rivers were incredible too as they wound in and out around the mountain ranges. It gave me a whole new appreciation for nature to witness it from a different perspective.

We landed in Orlando about 20 minutes ahead of schedule which is always great. Soon I was on my favourite carpet and feeling excited to be on my way home!
IMG_4958.jpeg
Luggage only took about 15 minutes and I ordered a Lyft which arrived 5 minutes later. I was on my way to the Caribbean! Unfortunately when we arrived at CBR and the security guard asked for ID, I dropped my license on the ground of the car and didn't even realize it until a few days later. Ugh!

I had requested Aruba on an upper floor near the Riviera Skyliner and received the exact opposite. My room assignment was Martinique building 25 on the ground floor. Initially I was disappointed but this turned out to be the perfect room. I was 5 minutes from either Primo Piatto or Centretown Market, a 10-12 minute walk to either Skyliner station and had a lovely quiet pool 3 minutes from my room. My room was spotless and I was really pleased with the storage.
IMG_4961.jpeg

A real table and chairs... take that DVC renovations!
IMG_4962.jpeg
There is a 5th sleeper under the TV. I had heard reports that the CBR rooms were dated and in need of a renovation but I was really pleased with my room and thought it was in great shape.
IMG_4963.jpeg
We need this at Boulder Ridge!
IMG_4965.jpeg

I had my Owner's Locked delivered and got everything set up before heading out for a late dinner. Imagine my surprise as I walked out to see the fireworks from Epcot! I had no idea I would be ble to see them from the resort!

IMG_4967.jpeg
I headed to Banana Cabana for a repeat of last August's delicious dinner. I went for the Desert Pear margarita to start and then the Calypso salad with chicken and jerk dressing on the side. I have a pet peeve about over dressed salad so I always ask for this option. Everything was fresh and yummy and I had great fun chatting with fellow guests and the bartender, Cathy, who has worked for Disney for 27 years and spent many years at Pleasure Island! She was a total sweetheart with a very generous pour.

IMG_4971.jpeg

IMG_4972.jpeg
Cathy told me I definitely wanted dessert since I just had a little salad and she was not wrong. I went for the Pineapple Coconut bread pudding and let me tell you friends, I have now eaten the BEST bread pudding on Disney property. It was full of shredded coconut, juicy pineapple, the best eggy bread, yummy caramel sauce and creamy vailla ice cream. Dessert perfection! I managed about 1/2 before declaring defeat and asking for a takeout box for the rest.
IMG_4973.jpeg

Feeling full and happy, I meandered back through the resort to my room where I got ready for bed. I had a date with Flower and Garden in the morning and couldn't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter