I just wish I had something to look forward to....

I look forward to the Magnolia tree in my backyard blooming. Waking up in the morning to a piping hot cup of coffee. And seeing my eight year old‘s smile. All I need.
This is a great attitude and one I’ve got to keep in perspective. While it sucks to think of the possibility of no Disney World, no cruises, no travel for several months, I’m grateful for my family and just want to make it out the other side with all of us okay. We can always get the other stuff back.

I look forward to sunny days which have been few and far between here in Wisconsin lately. Some sun would do a lot to lift the mood.

I look forward to waking up healthy every morning with the rest of my family. That is the ONLY important thing right now. We've been self-isolating for 16 days so far and are under a new "stay at home" order until the end of April. We are choosing to be positive even tho we have plenty to be disappointed about (a cancelled WDW vacation, 3 cancelled cruises, a cancelled trip to visit with DH's 94yo father 6 states away, a cancelled trip to visit with our new grandson on the other side of the country, etc.). As a principal used to say every day on his morning announcements, "Make it a good day, or not. The choice is yours."
I am so looking forward to a time when people can post a thread on Disboards about their genuine feelings without getting this kind of preachy response.
Now, now, let's all get along. 😘😘 I didn't interpret that as preachy, rather than PP was in a better head space than I was at the time I wrote this post, which was, admittedly, a bit o' a pity party.

I have my ups and downs and am in a pretty good head space today. This is a marathon and I expect some days will be total crap and other days will be manageable and perhaps even fun, or at least cheerful. I do try to find things to be grateful every single day, including and especially my family's health.

Anyway, I really like being a member of this board and appreciate that we can commiserate and cheer each other up even when we have absolutely nothing concrete to plan travel-wise!

There's a lot of disappointment going around :(. We decided a few months ago to move from MA to FL, partially to be close to be my parents, and partially to be close to all the stuff we love about FL (beaches, disney, cruises, etc). At the beginning of March we put our house on the market and it sold. We are now doing a long distance move in a freaking pandemic. I thought my parents would help with the move and entertain my kids and we'd stay with them for a few days if we need to. But nope, we can't go near them for weeks after we arrive. I thought we could go to WDW and the beach and get to know our new city. Nope, all of that is put on indefinite hold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!