• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I know this is stupid, but I am sad...

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
A little background first...

My Godfather died last week and that loss prompted me to not let any more time pass and take my parents to WDW. To take them in December has long been a dream of mine, and I am so very excited to do so. Plans are in motion, airfare is booked, the rooms are booked, and so on. I shared this info with someone who also loves WDW, and lets just say I got less than a stellar response. I was really hoping to hear a "I am so happy for you". But I got nothing, basicly a change in topic is what I got.

I was so excited to share that I have a dream coming true and I truly feel like I was completely "dismissed". My feelings were really hurt.

I'm excited about your trip!! I hope you and your parents have a fantastic time!

Not stupid at all! I hope your trips is every bit as magical as you dream it to be! I think it's wonderful that you are going. I'm excited for you!

I can totally relate to you on this. My dad's mom has been suffering from Alzheimer's for 15 years or so, and my dad's brother in the past few years has seemed a little off and we thought he seemed to be "slipping with his memory" my aunt called my dad about 2 months ago and said that things have gotten bad with him and his memory rather fast in the past few months. The next day we (DH, DS who will be 22 months, DMom and Ddad) booked our trip to Disney for Nov. My uncle is only 2 years older than my dad and we want to make sure my parents get to experience WDW with my son. Original plans were to wait till fall of 2011 but we booked it for this year "just in case". When I explained this to a few people, their responses were "that's really morbid to think like that" or "why are you wasting your money DS will be too young to remeber it". So I totally understand how you are feeling.

Just know that we are all excited for you and can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

I'm excited about your trip!! I hope you and your parents have a fantastic time!

Not stupid at all! I hope your trips is every bit as magical as you dream it to be! I think it's wonderful that you are going. I'm excited for you!

I can totally relate to you on this. My dad's mom has been suffering from Alzheimer's for 15 years or so, and my dad's brother in the past few years has seemed a little off and we thought he seemed to be "slipping with his memory" my aunt called my dad about 2 months ago and said that things have gotten bad with him and his memory rather fast in the past few months. The next day we (DH, DS who will be 22 months, DMom and Ddad) booked our trip to Disney for Nov. My uncle is only 2 years older than my dad and we want to make sure my parents get to experience WDW with my son. Original plans were to wait till fall of 2011 but we booked it for this year "just in case". When I explained this to a few people, their responses were "that's really morbid to think like that" or "why are you wasting your money DS will be too young to remeber it". So I totally understand how you are feeling.

Just know that we are all excited for you and can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

Thank you all very much! I am sitting here in tears, thanking you for excitment, support and understanding. I really needed that!:goodvibes:goodvibes I will certainly come back and report in full!

I usually do Disney Comando style, and my dad is VERY much a stop and smell the roses kind of guy. This is going to be a special treat for me, as I learn to stop and smell the roses, and appreciate the little details of Disney, and appreciate the fact that my parents get to see all the cool things Disney has in December. Things I am really looking forward to sharing with my parents... IASW, Biergarten, Toy soldiers during the Christmas party parade, and candlelight processional, OH and Osbourne lights, my Dad LOVES Christmas lights!

Thanks for understanding!!!!

I also wanted to add that I am excited for you and your trip! I totally get too why you are doing the trip now, and I say Good for you! don't delay and enjoy the time now. Hugs to you.:hug:

Could this other person had been preoccupied? Trust me, I would have had my feelings hurt as well bit perhaps it was simply a timing issue. Try not to let it diminish your pixie dust! My Mom passed away suddenly two years ago at the age of 52 just 4 months prior to our WDW trip she was to take with me and my 3 kids. (It was before I was married a year and a half ago.) Please enjoy yourself and don't let anyone take away from your excitement because you really do never know :goodvibes

We went in December 09 and very shortly after lost my Dad, so I totally agree and I am excited for you, you are gonna love WDW at Christmas it is over the top magical. :grouphug:

Could this other person had been preoccupied? Trust me, I would have had my feelings hurt as well bit perhaps it was simply a timing issue. Try not to let it diminish your pixie dust! My Mom passed away suddenly two years ago at the age of 52 just 4 months prior to our WDW trip she was to take with me and my 3 kids. (It was before I was married a year and a half ago.) Please enjoy yourself and don't let anyone take away from your excitement because you really do never know :goodvibes

No, I don't think they were preoccupied. I am sorry your mom passed before your trip. I think you are right, I won't let them take away from my excitement, so I just plan on not mentioning it to them anymore. I'll be excited by myself and share with my DIS family!:goodvibes
We went in December 09 and very shortly after lost my Dad, so I totally agree and I am excited for you, you are gonna love WDW at Christmas it is over the top magical. :grouphug:
Sorry for your loss of your Dad. Thank Heavens you got to enjoy the trip to Disney.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter