I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm giving up on visiting my parents in Naples for Mother's Day. I just can't take the risk of getting them sick. I guess that extra week of vacation time can go toward a July/August visit in Northern Michigan. Maybe I'll drive since I now have a second driver. DS will fuss because we'd take DD's civic (my Odyssey has too many miles on it for me to want to take it on an 1,800 + mile round trip).

Still don't think I'll know anything about Alaska until May at the earliest (unless Canada further closes Vancouver).

You are most probably making the best decision under the circumstances. Hopefully your are able to have video calls such as facetime (I think this is video but since I don't do apple or facebook) I'm not sure. WhatsApp works for us. I will not see my grandchildren (and rest of my family) anytime in the near future. It's like they've moved to another state or country.

Son and girlfriend have moved in together but he still has his own apartment. They did that well in advance of the stay at home, but in reaction to the virus. Hopefully this relationship works out, and probably will as they've been going together now for a couple of years. This will certainly be a test for all couples out there. I'm so thankful the job is letting him do work from home, and of course since she is a teacher, she's at home.

I don't believe this data, for our state the governor has issued mandates to stay at home and to close all non-essential businesses which doesn't show on the report.

There are always mistakes and errors in every piece of data. I think a lot of it is thrown together and relies on sources which may or may not be as reliable as others. I saw some discrepancies as I looked at it also, but, it does give a snapshot. For example, Virginia implemented stay at home yesterday, same as Maryland. Maryland is there, Virginia is not listed as implemented yet and they may have announced before Md.

Even the Johns Hopkins map hasn't picked up some data in our own area and it is here. But it's what we have and without some guiding force, even if lacking in some ways, I'd rather have incomplete data than no data.

Disney always amazes me at how they can make you feel and cry without using any words but I had to force myself to keep the good dinosaur on after the first 20 minutes. Wow. At least the ending was good but now I get why people said what they said when it came out. Also, totally not a little kids movie.
Agreed, that movie had me sobbing. I think it was very underrated.

Here in my suburban philly hospital we have 17 intubated COVID or r/o patients. We got our first intubated last Monday. 25 on the floors in addition.

we are now working from home on a rotating basis- 2 in the office, 3 at home. I work in house Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and I don’t go back to the hospital to work until 4/13.

never in my life did I imagine doing inpatient clinical work from home. On Thursday, I’ll be writing 7 tpns from my basement. It’s crazy
I’m home on PTO this week, it was already scheduled for spring break and I was encouraged to use PTO because census was low. I doubt it’s low now. We are doing WFH times 2 weeks, then at work x 2 weeks, so I’m not back in the hospital until 4/11. We only have a 17 bed ICU and I see from messages this morning there are intubated patients on another unit which means more than 17 intubated in total. 😢
7 TPNs is way more than we ever have but there literally are only 2 people who truly know how to order PN lytes appropriately, me and our clinical pharmacist. Not sure what they are doing this week. Crazy for sure.

Agreed, that movie had me sobbing. I think it was very underrated.

I didn't really enjoy it and had to force myself not to turn it off less than 20 min in. It did get a bit better and I can see why people enjoyed it but I can totally see why people didn't. The animation was fantastic though and the base of the story was good but I had issues with some of it.

While we in SW PA are under stay at home orders, Allegheny county had 290 cases and 2 deaths last I heard, with some also in surrounding counties, but I don't think testing is widespread here.

On the other hand, New York numbers are truly scary.

My area has over 300 tested positive and 6 deaths. I think it's going to balloon very shortly for Maryland as they are just getting Fedex Field and the MVA testing sites going. The more tests done the higher the positive numbers but death numbers are going to be what they are no matter whether tests are done or not. I am not saying that quite correctly - if you test positive and quarantine and survive - stay away from others - someone else may also live by virtue of not catching it from you.

DH’s Aspire points for his regular spend did not show up on his account at statement close. He doesn’t have a Hilton Honors account. I figured Amex would automatically assign him a number if he didn’t have one 🤷🏼‍♀️ Anyone have any experience with this? Do I have to sign him up for a Hilton account? His first statement closed March 3rd, balance was paid including AF last week. Still 0 points. I understand the bonus may take longer, but shouldn’t he have his base points?

DH’s Aspire points for his regular spend did not show up on his account at statement close. He doesn’t have a Hilton Honors account. I figured Amex would automatically assign him a number if he didn’t have one 🤷🏼‍♀️ Anyone have any experience with this? Do I have to sign him up for a Hilton account? His first statement closed March 3rd, balance was paid including AF last week. Still 0 points. I understand the bonus may take longer, but shouldn’t he have his base points?

Amex takes their time with everything. They should have signed him up for a Hilton Honors account. Even base points don't seem to hit right away with Amex.

When @Lain gets time, he will tell you the timeline as he seems to keep track of Amex pretty well.

Amex takes their time with everything. They should have signed him up for a Hilton Honors account. Even base points don't seem to hit right away with Amex.

When @Lain gets time, he will tell you the timeline as he seems to keep track of Amex pretty well.
I just looked at his statement and it shows 30,000 points should have posted from this statement. I wanted to make sure I didn’t need to set up his Honors account.

ETA: My spend points posted immediately to my Hilton Biz, but I already had an Honors account.

I just looked at his statement and it shows 30,000 points should have posted from this statement. I wanted to make sure I didn’t need to set up his Honors account.

ETA: My spend points posted immediately to my Hilton Biz, but I already had an Honors account.
I remember reading on Reddit that Amex was taking the 12 weeks to post all Hilton points, you should be able to Chat with them to get the Hilton Honor number associated with the account.

I store rice in the fridge all the time... ds1 had severe wheat allergy so we ate rice a LOT in our house,still do! Never once had a problem using it the next day or whatever.... if some does happen to get unused,I toss it out for the birds and squirrels as a snack...nothing goes to waste here is my goal. I was conversing with my elderly neighbor the other day (6 feet away in the driveway) who is pretty calm about all of the current goings-on.... he was telling me about living in Germany during ww2 and hiding in a basement for three years..... :oops: his perspective was interesting- he feels that staying home with plenty of food and calm surroundings is literally nothing to worry about! I was grateful to hear him talk...
I think hearing those perspectives helps a lot. One of the best things about my job working in a nursing home is hearing stories from previous generations. Just the other day I was talking to a former Navy officer who was on a ship with huge numbers of illness from the Adriatic flu in the 50s, I believe. How the Dr. and medical staff got it and he stayed up for 3 days helping to take care of people.

Obviously it’s not the same as living through it, but I read a ton of books from WWII and whenever I am feeling sorry for myself I think of those people and their stories and it does make me appreciate what I still have.

I also recently reread a great book about Sir Ernest Shackleton on a expedition to Antarctica that went bad. After their boat was crushed by the ice they lived on the ice for over a year surviving on seal meat. Really an incredible true story. So whenever I am tempted to complain about winter it helps to think of them.

How long do you all think it's going to take for the Cruise industry to recover? For those of you with cancelled cruises, are you ready to cruise as soon as possible or will your wait a little while?
My husband has said no to any future cruises. This is the 2nd cruise we have booked and had to cancel due to National emergency. We've decided if we book a cruise we open the fires of hell upon us so we might as well not do it, (said tongue in cheek). We are just better off doing land trips.

About a week. I expect mine either Sat or Mon. I live near a main Chase office. My cards are postmarked from a town 15 mins away. I want to ask, can I just come pick it up?!?
Anyone experiencing slow delivery of new Chase cards. I expected mine yesterday which would be one week. and we are so close to the office. I am just being impatient. Checked informed delivery and not in today's mail 🙁

I think hearing those perspectives helps a lot. One of the best things about my job working in a nursing home is hearing stories from previous generations. Just the other day I was talking to a former Navy officer who was on a ship with huge numbers of illness from the Adriatic flu in the 50s, I believe. How the Dr. and medical staff got it and he stayed up for 3 days helping to take care of people.

Obviously it’s not the same as living through it, but I read a ton of books from WWII and whenever I am feeling sorry for myself I think of those people and their stories and it does make me appreciate what I still have.

I also recently reread a great book about Sir Ernest Shackleton on a expedition to Antarctica that went bad. After their boat was crushed by the ice they lived on the ice for over a year surviving on seal meat. Really an incredible true story. So whenever I am tempted to complain about winter it helps to think of them.
What is the Sir Ernest Shackleton book? Is it appropriate for 13-17 year olds? I need to get my big boys reading something...anything. Thanks!

We got our dinnerly box early this morning. Dh wore gloves and disinfected each item. We plan to make one of the meals tonight to try it out. First impression: VERY small portions. We got the 4 person box and it still looks small for the two of us. Maybe we eat more than the average person who orders these?

We got our dinnerly box early this morning. Dh wore gloves and disinfected each item. We plan to make one of the meals tonight to try it out. First impression: VERY small portions. We got the 4 person box and it still looks small for the two of us. Maybe we eat more than the average person who orders these?

What do you use to disinfect your food items if you don't mind my asking? I've heard of a lot of people talking about this but I'm very concerned about the chemicals involved, so I haven't been doing it.

We haven't tried dinnerly but have tried a few other meal subscriptions, and for sure the portions are always small compared to what we would usually eat.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...t-points-up-to-12-weeks-after-billing-period/
I believe SUB points still post 2-4 days after the qualifying charge that takes you over MSR posts.

Alright thank you. I’ll give it 12 weeks before I call. Not like I need the points anytime soon ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter