I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you use to disinfect your food items if you don't mind my asking? I've heard of a lot of people talking about this but I'm very concerned about the chemicals involved, so I haven't been doing it.

We haven't tried dinnerly but have tried a few other meal subscriptions, and for sure the portions are always small compared to what we would usually eat.
For the most part Dh has been using Clorox wipes because that’s really all we have besides bleach. We watched a video today saying you should wash all fruits for 20 seconds each in the sink that have a skin. We didn’t get any fruits with dinnerly so didn’t have to worry about that. The vegetables were all in plastic wrap that we wiped down. We did just order from target using Shipt and it’s supposed to come tomorrow. We had apples and oranges so we’re gonna wash them in the sink. Everything else will be wiped with Clorox wipes

What is the Sir Ernest Shackleton book? Is it appropriate for 13-17 year olds? I need to get my big boys reading something...anything. Thanks!
It's called Endurance by Alfred Lansing. It's nonfiction so it's not an easy read, but I actually read it aloud to my 10 year old as part of our homeschool day. And DS12's class actually had it read to them as well. Neither of them would probably say they "liked" it, but there was times when he would ask if we could keep reading. So I count that as a win. And as far as content, totally appropriate for 13-17 year olds.

I don't believe this data, for our state the governor has issued mandates to stay at home and to close all non-essential businesses which doesn't show on the report.
Same. Compared to my state's dashboard, this site is showing almost 30% more deaths. The state dashboard is not counting the cruise ship passengers that were quarantined at Lackland, but I don't think there were 14 deaths there. I thought they all recovered, but honestly can't remember anymore.

For the most part Dh has been using Clorox wipes because that’s really all we have besides bleach. We watched a video today saying you should wash all fruits for 20 seconds each in the sink that have a skin. We didn’t get any fruits with dinnerly so didn’t have to worry about that. The vegetables were all in plastic wrap that we wiped down. We did just order from target using Shipt and it’s supposed to come tomorrow. We had apples and oranges so we’re gonna wash them in the sink. Everything else will be wiped with Clorox wipes
You should always wash fruits and veg before eating. I use a fruit and veg wash usually. Have been using dish soap now. Just rinsing super well. Remember soap disturbs the virus membrane thus killing it.

For food surfaces, food safe sanitizer works (Purell and Lysol both make them ) Otherwise the sanitizers should be wiped off food surfaces (read the directions).

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but apparently you can now earn 15 elite nights from a personal Bonvoy card AND 15 elite nights from a biz Bonvoy card.

From the article (so you don't have to click on the TPG article lol)

I reached out to Marriott, and a spokesperson confirmed that this is a new policy as of today:

Starting today, anyone who has a Marriott Bonvoy small business credit card, and a Marriott Bonvoy consumer credit card is eligible to receive a maximum of 30 elite night credits per year. That means that if someone has [for example] the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card and the Marriott Bonvoy Amex business card they will get 30 elite night credits and only need twenty more nights to achieve Platinum for the following year.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/30-elite-nights-marriott-credit-cards/

I just placed an Amazon order and was able to apply another AmEx 20% off when using MR points. I hadn't been able to get the one about a month ago to work but this worked with less than $1 in points. I got my youngest his Easter bunny gifts and since I have time, no rush shipping is giving $3 digital credit.

My husband has said no to any future cruises. This is the 2nd cruise we have booked and had to cancel due to National emergency. We've decided if we book a cruise we open the fires of hell upon us so we might as well not do it, (said tongue in cheek). We are just better off doing land trips.
On behalf of the rest of us, thank you for not booking any future cruises. Who knows what disaster a third attempt could create, if this is what we get for try number 2:rotfl:.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but apparently you can now earn 15 elite nights from a personal Bonvoy card AND 15 elite nights from a biz Bonvoy card.

I reached out to Marriott, and a spokesperson confirmed that this is a new policy as of today:

Starting today, anyone who has a Marriott Bonvoy small business credit card, and a Marriott Bonvoy consumer credit card is eligible to receive a maximum of 30 elite night credits per year. That means that if someone has [for example] the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card and the Marriott Bonvoy Amex business card they will get 30 elite night credits and only need twenty more nights to achieve Platinum for the following year.

And it's already showing on my account! I now need 16 more nights. There's a slim chance I might actually make it.

It's called Endurance by Alfred Lansing. It's nonfiction so it's not an easy read, but I actually read it aloud to my 10 year old as part of our homeschool day. And DS12's class actually had it read to them as well. Neither of them would probably say they "liked" it, but there was times when he would ask if we could keep reading. So I count that as a win. And as far as content, totally appropriate for 13-17 year olds.
Thank you. It sounds right up one kids alley. He loved Into Thin Air and Into the Wild so he will probably love this. Qualified for mentioned 20% off too!

And it's already showing on my account! I now need 16 more nights. There's a slim chance I might actually make it.
Huh. Mine too! That's pretty exciting, actually. If the rest of the year goes as planned (big IF) I'll hit Platinum again without much trouble. I already have trips booked that would get me to 49 nights (including the 30 cc nights).

Interesting info, this morning I logged into my Citi Premier account to see a credit for my AF. No explanation, no email, just a credit. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also, thanks to Landry’s for the birthday credit good for one month when all restaurants are closed. 😂

Last edited:
Interesting info, this morning I logged into my Citi Premier account to see a credit for my AF. No explanation, no email, just a credit. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also, thanks to Landry’s for the birthday credit good for one month when all restaurants are closed. 😂

Sorry about that. Is takeout available?

Has anyone noticed that SW points seem to be higher for the same price ticket? I just went to do some switching of my fall trip and I was going to switch a flight that was $169/10,916 points to a flight that was $155 but the points are now 11,232. Also I had a $185 flight for 11,973 and it is now showing 13,572.

Has anyone noticed that SW points seem to be higher for the same price ticket? I just went to do some switching of my fall trip and I was going to switch a flight that was $169/10,916 points to a flight that was $155 but the points are now 11,232. Also I had a $185 flight for 11,973 and it is now showing 13,572.

One of the bloggers (sorry, can't remember which one) had a story about this and how it isn't really a devaluation, but rather something to do with taxes and fees. You can probably Google to find the story.

I'm now Gold Elite! (for whatever good that does me :laughing:)

Since this is positive change, where do I hide to avoid the other shoe dropping? :p

You'll want to check the taxes and fees (don't suppose you have the previous breakdown?). With the government suspending some taxes, SW had been changing some of the base fares so while it looks overall lower $$ wise, they could have upped the base fare which is what the points are based on.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/o...s-rapid-rewards-program-overnight/ar-BB11SiV6
(Even though it's MSN it's a TPG post, just couldn't find the direct link)

You'll want to check the taxes and fees (don't suppose you have the previous breakdown?). With the government suspending some taxes, SW had been changing some of the base fares so while it looks overall lower $$ wise, they could have upped the base fare which is what the points are based on.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/o...s-rapid-rewards-program-overnight/ar-BB11SiV6
(Even though it's MSN it's a TPG post, just couldn't find the direct link)

Hmmm, I guess I don't want any of them going under. But if they are paying less taxes then it seems like my ticket should be less money also. But since their prices fluctuate so much they seem arbitrary anyway. Oh well, not sure what to do about those flights now. Need to decide if I really want to change them by a day for more points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter