I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only 267 pages behind.

Hah! Ditto... I just skipped a few months... Will have to go check @SouthFayetteFan summary to find out if I missed anything good.

Let's just say teaching in-person learners (full day, 5-days-a-week, all in-person learners) and remote learners isn't going so well for me.

DW is a teacher and she's got full time students, also they took away her plan period because they need to further distance students and she also needs to supervise the lunch room during her lunch period so is lucky the days she gets to eat in the hall on her way back to class... Oh and add in the required 4 zooms per week per her 3 classes of remote students she cannot do during the day while in class students are around for insurance reasons... Its only been a-little more than a month and many of the teachers are burned out... She has a signed resignation letter in her bag...

Last edited:
I feel you there - WDW in its current state just isn’t doing it for me right now either. I’m hoping I can get excited by the time January rolls around but they need to make some changes to their operations for that to happen I think.

Heck I had hopes right up to the end my May/June trip was going to work out, then when moved to July held out to the end... Now, seeing the current state I am not quite sure about June '21. Loosing the FD/35% discounts to move it to '21 at rack rate with the ticket/room increases is making it even less appealing. If it was not for $2k in gift cards would have canceled and waited to see what happens. Surely not going on rack rate.

DW is a teacher and she's got full time students, also they took away her plan period because they need to further distance students and she also needs to supervise the lunch room during her lunch period so is lucky the days she gets to eat in the hall on her way back to class... Oh and add in the required 4 zooms per week per her 3 classes of remote students she cannot do during the day while in class students are around for insurance reasons... Its only been a-little more than a month and many of the teachers are burned out... She has a signed resignation letter in her bag...
I have never been so deeply grateful for the teachers at my kids’ school as I am now. Reading this makes me want to reach out to them again to let them know.
Now, seeing the current state I am not quite sure about June '21
Each day that passes I make peace with the fact that we may not step foot on a Disney property until 2022. First world problem for sure, but I think you guys can understand how disappointing it feels 😔

I have never been so deeply grateful for the teachers at my kids’ school as I am now. Reading this makes me want to reach out to them again to let them know.

Not sure if its made its way around there, but many teachers around here have Amazon wish lists for many of the 'new' things they need this year to deal with the new reality, Might be worth looking into that its shocking how little schools are providing teachers in terms of things they need this year to make it easier on students. We ordered a bunch of things for DD's teacher shipped right to the school.

For those of you super familiar with Amex stuff...

If you redeem an offer, for example, 10% off Staples purchases up to $40, how does it appear on your statement? Does it appear as a line for the purchase and then a separate line with a minus sign of 10% or what does it look like?

My Staples purchases have posted but I am not seeing any "minus" transactions for the 10% so I just want to know what I am looking for.

Thank you!

If you redeem an offer, for example, 10% off Staples purchases up to $40, how does it appear on your statement? Does it appear as a line for the purchase and then a separate line with a minus sign of 10% or what does it look like?

My Staples purchases have posted but I am not seeing any "minus" transactions for the 10% so I just want to know what I am looking for.

Thank you!
A few days later, a line shows up with the amount off with the offer as the description.

Thank you!
I’d give the credit about a week to show up. Some of my credits have taken over 5 days to show up after posting.

Chase Expands/Extends Pay Yourself Back through APRIL 2021!!
  • Chase Sapphire Preferred and Reserve: Continuing through April 30, 2021, Sapphire Reserve cardmembers’ points will be worth 50% more, and 25% more for Sapphire Preferred cardmembers, when redeemed for statement credits through Chase towards purchases at grocery and home improvement stores, when dining at restaurants, including takeout and delivery services, as well as contributions to eligible charitable organizations.
  • Chase Ink Business Preferred and Plus: October 1, 2020 through the end of the year, cardmembers’ points will be worth 25% more when applied to select online advertising and shipping purchases, as well as towards contributions made to eligible charitable organizations.
  • All other Ultimate Rewards eligible credit cards including Chase Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and the new Freedom Flex: Starting October 1, 2020, points will be worth 25% more when redeemed towards donations made to eligible charitable organizations.

• Chase Sapphire Preferred and Reserve: Continuing through April 30, 2021, Sapphire Reserve cardmembers’ points will be worth 50% more, and 25% more for Sapphire Preferred cardmembers, when redeemed for statement credits through Chase towards purchases at grocery and home improvement stores, when dining at restaurants, including takeout and delivery services, as well as contributions to eligible charitable organizations.
  • Chase Ink Business Preferred and Plus: October 1, 2020 through the end of the year, cardmembers’ points will be worth 25% more when applied to select online advertising and shipping purchases, as well as towards contributions made to eligible charitable organizations.
  • All other Ultimate Rewards eligible credit cards including Chase Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and the new Freedom Flex: Starting October 1, 2020, points will be worth 25% more when redeemed towards donations made to eligible charitable organizations.
wowwwwwwww!!! Now I have a decision to make.....but in the meanwhile this is excellent! (my biggest decision now is do I pull a SFF and go all the way to zero,or not?)

That's great news.

Excellent news ...haven’t cashed out all my URs since we have over 500k URs tied up in different weeks booked through the Chase travel portal to go visit our son...with the NYS quarantine we have had to keep moving weeks forward.
so far I have erased over $5k in all eligible expenses with my CSR and will continue to do so

Okay @SouthFayetteFan, ya just dragged me out of obscurity again.;-). Hi everyone, it's been awhile! I hope you're all doing well. I have not been doing any traveling at all and have pared back my credit card game quite a bit, but... I am dropping to 4/24 on October 6th and 3/24, one week later. I really think I need your help in planning a strategy for jumping into Chase since I've mostly been an Amex girl from the beginning. (I know I know... but I didn't know when I started. lol). PYB seems like a really good deal. Can you guys help me with a strategy here? Which two cards should I go for next month? I tried to get into Dischurners to ask but I can't remember my login. I never could get used to Reddit! Is @Lain still here? And @Haley R ... baby! Yay!:). Should I just make a new Reddit log in and go read about MDDs and PYBs and CIPs and SFFs? ;-). Will you even re-invite me since I've been such a bad absentee over here? I promise I'll use somebody's referral.

Okay @SouthFayetteFan, ya just dragged me out of obscurity again.;-). Hi everyone, it's been awhile! I hope you're all doing well. I have not been doing any traveling at all and have pared back my credit card game quite a bit, but... I am dropping to 4/24 on October 6th and 3/24, one week later. I really think I need your help in planning a strategy for jumping into Chase since I've mostly been an Amex girl from the beginning. (I know I know... but I didn't know when I started. lol). PYB seems like a really good deal. Can you guys help me with a strategy here? Which two cards should I go for next month? I tried to get into Dischurners to ask but I can't remember my login. I never could get used to Reddit! Is @Lain still here? And @Haley R ... baby! Yay!:). Should I just make a new Reddit log in and go read about MDDs and PYBs and CIPs and SFFs? ;-). Will you even re-invite me since I've been such a bad absentee over here? I promise I'll use somebody's referral.
You're welcome to create a new reddit login and PM me and I'll add you back in. :)

Hah! Ditto... I just skipped a few months... Will have to go check @SouthFayetteFan summary to find out if I missed anything good.

My neighbor teaches kindergarten and said she will be quitting after this year. She said parents complain constantly about their kids wearing a mask like it was her fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter