I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure your AA number is attached to your rez on ba, which may be hard to do since you would've needed a BA one to book the flight. But that's probably why it didn't pop up as being free automatically.
So the weird thing is:

Since I booked on/through BA, my "trip" doesn't show up on my AA dashboard. I have to find it withOUT logging into my AA account and just use name and record locater... then it comes up no problem and it does list my AA number down at the bottom where mine and my husband's names are listed individually.

I'm going to try to chat with them again before I leave so I don't have to deal with this on the return trip in a couple days.

Thank you!

So the weird thing is:

Since I booked on/through BA, my "trip" doesn't show up on my AA dashboard. I have to find it withOUT logging into my AA account and just use name and record locater... then it comes up no problem and it does list my AA number down at the bottom where mine and my husband's names are listed individually.

I'm going to try to chat with them again before I leave so I don't have to deal with this on the return trip in a couple days.

Thank you!

So - any trip highlights to tease us with? We will be expecting some sort of report on your return.

So - any trip highlights to tease us with? We will be expecting some sort of report on your return.

So far we have visited MK, DHS, and AK. Today is Epcot.

First impressions...we ended up renting a car and we have learned that the signage around the resort does not coincide with things like Google Maps! We have missed our turns multiple times because google maps wants us to turn on a specific street name and those street names are usually not printed on the Disney signage. We've now had to use the Gaylord Palms' parking lot three nights running to turn around :rotfl:

The lines seem crazy long but they all move very steadily.

The queues here are so much more fun and interesting than at Disneyland!!!! Particularly the queues for Toy Story Midway Mania and Peter Pan!

The facade of iasw is.... weird and tiny here!

AK is really lovely and lush, especially for someone like me who was born and raised in the desert!

We have tomorrow scheduled for MK (we still need to do Country Bear Jamboree, Big Thunder, and Space Mountain as well as shopping at the Emporium) and Monday at DHS, but I am pretty sure we will either change that last day to a different park, or just visit various resorts because I don't think either of us need another full day there.

Table service restaurants so far have been: Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen, Sci Fi Drive In, and Yak and Yeti. Today is Rose and Crown and tomorrow is BOG. Oh and I literally JUST made a breakfast reservation for today for The Wave so we are looking forward to that.

Man, the Contemporary from the outside is NOT ATTRACTIVE!!!

We did hang out for a bit at the Banana Cabana the other night and it was quite lovely. Wish the restaurant here was open, but not yet.

Skyliner is fun although we only used it as an "attraction" the other day when we knew it wouldn't be busy (we drove to DHS and left the car there, then hopped on the Skyliner back to CBR, then hopped right on the other one to POP/AoA, then reversed course to get back to the car). It's great when there is no line!

We got our annual Christmas ornament, so that task has been taken care of! We've gotten an ornament from Disneyland on our mid-November trip every year since our first dating anniversary so we had to keep up that tradition.

Spending a LOT more money on dining than I normally would on a Disneyland trip, but while in DL we almost never do table service. I wanted to make sure, with all the closures, that we would be sure to be able to eat something other than burgers and chicken strips each day so I knew going in that we'd be spending more money there.

Weather has been warmer than I expected except the first night where we were quite chilly- we had gone over to Disney Springs and ate at the Boathouse (mac and cheese was AMAZING... gosh I love mac and cheese). But the subsequent evenings have been lovely. Yesterday I wore a tank top all day until it rained, and even the rain wasn't a cold rain.

Well now that I've talked your ears off (or written your eyes off), I shall cease and desist and get ready for breakfast!

So far we have visited MK, DHS, and AK. Today is Epcot.

First impressions...we ended up renting a car and we have learned that the signage around the resort does not coincide with things like Google Maps! We have missed our turns multiple times because google maps wants us to turn on a specific street name and those street names are usually not printed on the Disney signage. We've now had to use the Gaylord Palms' parking lot three nights running to turn around :rotfl:

The lines seem crazy long but they all move very steadily.

The queues here are so much more fun and interesting than at Disneyland!!!! Particularly the queues for Toy Story Midway Mania and Peter Pan!

The facade of iasw is.... weird and tiny here!

AK is really lovely and lush, especially for someone like me who was born and raised in the desert!

We have tomorrow scheduled for MK (we still need to do Country Bear Jamboree, Big Thunder, and Space Mountain as well as shopping at the Emporium) and Monday at DHS, but I am pretty sure we will either change that last day to a different park, or just visit various resorts because I don't think either of us need another full day there.

Table service restaurants so far have been: Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen, Sci Fi Drive In, and Yak and Yeti. Today is Rose and Crown and tomorrow is BOG. Oh and I literally JUST made a breakfast reservation for today for The Wave so we are looking forward to that.

Man, the Contemporary from the outside is NOT ATTRACTIVE!!!

We did hang out for a bit at the Banana Cabana the other night and it was quite lovely. Wish the restaurant here was open, but not yet.

Skyliner is fun although we only used it as an "attraction" the other day when we knew it wouldn't be busy (we drove to DHS and left the car there, then hopped on the Skyliner back to CBR, then hopped right on the other one to POP/AoA, then reversed course to get back to the car). It's great when there is no line!

We got our annual Christmas ornament, so that task has been taken care of! We've gotten an ornament from Disneyland on our mid-November trip every year since our first dating anniversary so we had to keep up that tradition.

Spending a LOT more money on dining than I normally would on a Disneyland trip, but while in DL we almost never do table service. I wanted to make sure, with all the closures, that we would be sure to be able to eat something other than burgers and chicken strips each day so I knew going in that we'd be spending more money there.

Weather has been warmer than I expected except the first night where we were quite chilly- we had gone over to Disney Springs and ate at the Boathouse (mac and cheese was AMAZING... gosh I love mac and cheese). But the subsequent evenings have been lovely. Yesterday I wore a tank top all day until it rained, and even the rain wasn't a cold rain.

Well now that I've talked your ears off (or written your eyes off), I shall cease and desist and get ready for breakfast!

It's so great to hear/see/read it through new eyes!!

Animal Kingdom is special for me since I had a preview before opening with only 5K tickets available. We were alone in many parts of the park save for the original cast members.

And in subsequent years, people called it a half day park and a zoo and talked people out of going. That left it unspoiled for me. But It has gotten significantly more attractive to people since new attractions have been added and others taken away.

They've actually trimmed down some of the lush, but that helped with airflow as the crowds got bigger. I do hope you got to ride the Safari and do some attractions in Pandora. FOP is worth it, even for me and I can't stand any long lines.

I've visited WDW so many times. It has started to evolve prior to Covid and I do hope it catches back up to remain relevant, because for a while there it was starting to be a museum with limited anything new, despite the fact that I still enjoyed it.

So when Chase/Hyatt offer you 5000 points to "upgrade" your $75 card to a $95 card, you should maybe take them up on it. Just got an email and they are automatically "upgrading" my card. No points offered, I just get to pay the upgraded fee. 🤦‍♀️

And, I see a piece of mail in my Informed delivery this morning saying that my card is changing on the front of it. I had to search back for your post, sort of wondering why I didn't just get an email. They email me regularly for everything else.

Anyway, it's going to cost them another sign up bonus sometime sooner or later. I will reduce my credit to a small amount/move it to a UR card and let the card go after my next stay then pick a time to reapply. I guess that must be what they really want - why such a big fuss over $20?

If you haven't read it already, park hopping is coming back in January!

IF I do my January trip, this sort of makes it worth it to use one of my no expiry single day tickets! Guess I'll go make some reservations as I still have the AP voucher that will allow me to book some parks.

Has anyone gotten the 40K bonus miles on the AMEX Delta Gold Business card? My second statement just posted and my total spend was $2,009. The bonus is for $2,000 in 3 months. I expected the bonus to post once the second statement posted but that didn't happen.

We just cancelled our Hawaii flights. I had flights and rooms in Orlando as a backup that I'm not quite ready to give up on. We went to Orlando at the end of las month and I felt very OK with the travel. We fly out of the smaller terminal in MSP and had no trouble distancing in the airport and then SW blocked the middle seat so not a real full plane. SW had added a nonstop flight from MCO to MSP and there were only 28 passengers on the flight home. I need to make a plan for our timeshare rooms. We had 2 weeks in a 2BR at Marriott Ko Olina. It feels like a shame to let them go.

Does the CFF get Chase offers like the CSP and CSR do? I PCed DH’s CSR to a CFF and don’t see any offers (or even the “Offers” section) on his CFF account. I wasn’t sure if it was just because the account is new, or because they don’t do offers on the CFF.

We just cancelled our Hawaii flights. I had flights and rooms in Orlando as a backup that I'm not quite ready to give up on. We went to Orlando at the end of las month and I felt very OK with the travel. We fly out of the smaller terminal in MSP and had no trouble distancing in the airport and then SW blocked the middle seat so not a real full plane. SW had added a nonstop flight from MCO to MSP and there were only 28 passengers on the flight home. I need to make a plan for our timeshare rooms. We had 2 weeks in a 2BR at Marriott Ko Olina. It feels like a shame to let them go.
Ugh on your Hawaii trip....
Not sure when you are going to Orlando my son lives there and said the Orange County restaurants he has gone to are doing the social distancing etc rules as is Disney....he said the issues are with night clubs and bars.. either of which he or we would go to...praying our trip to see him on Thanksgiving works works out...we are flying SW as well and have Marriott Royal Palms booked for 9 nights...figured we can use the stairs and it’s close to WDW.. then 2 nights at BWV...

Last edited:
Sorry. I feel your pain. I will most likely end up canceling our Christmas Kauai trip by early December. I'm thinking HI might go back to 14 day quarantine on the islands with their increase in cases, and with adding the challenge of timing covid test results to be guaranteed negative and received prior to the flight departure, I just think there's too much room for problems to occur. Thankfully, my flights are on SW with points, and the hotels are fully refundable. What are your options with your timeshare rooms?

Does the CFF get Chase offers like the CSP and CSR do? I PCed DH’s CSR to a CFF and don’t see any offers (or even the “Offers” section) on his CFF account. I wasn’t sure if it was just because the account is new, or because they don’t do offers on the CFF.
Sounds odd to me as we have both the regular Freedom and the Freedom Unlimited, and they both have offers. Sorry I can't help with the Flex, I'm sure someone will come along who knows.

I’ve had my CFF since it was offered...yesterday one offer showed up on it....and I use it regularly for my eBay shipping through PayPal

Ugh on your Hawaii trip....
Not sure when you are going to Orlando my son lives there and said the Orange County restaurants he has gone to are doing the social distancing etc rules as is Disney....he said the issues are with night clubs and bars.. either of which he or we would go to...praying our trip to see him on Thanksgiving works works out...we are flying SW as well and have Marriott Royal Palms booked for 9 nights...figured we can use the stairs and it’s close to WDW.. then 2 nights at BWV...
We have a 3BR townhouse that sleeps 12 at Marriott Lakeshore reserve from 12/5-12/19. We really don't eat out and last trip we only left the resort to go to the ocean one day. I really love the staff there and we enjoy the lazy river. It is a nice break from the Minnesota winter.

Sorry. I feel your pain. I will most likely end up canceling our Christmas Kauai trip by early December. I'm thinking HI might go back to 14 day quarantine on the islands with their increase in cases, and with adding the challenge of timing covid test results to be guaranteed negative and received prior to the flight departure, I just think there's too much room for problems to occur. Thankfully, my flights are on SW with points, and the hotels are fully refundable. What are your options with your timeshare rooms?

I have one more trade on one of the timeshare rooms that I can push out or try to cancel one of the 3BR and pick it up with one of the Ko Olina weeks. There is a little gamble with losing the room with the trade option so it might not be worth it. I can cancel and get a restricted option, I could "let a friend " use the week. If I cancel I will only lose about $200 for the trade fee. I have deposited so many weeks that it may become hard to use all of them. I have sent "friends"on some nice vacations. Fortunately we also had Southwest flights and got full refunds. My points balance looks pretty nice at the moment.

We have a 3BR townhouse that sleeps 12 at Marriott Lakeshore reserve from 12/5-12/19. We really don't eat out and last trip we only left the resort to go to the ocean one day. I really love the staff there and we enjoy the lazy river. It is a nice break from the Minnesota winter.
I loved, loved Lakeshore when we stayed there in a 2bedroom, definitely my favorite Marriott the lazy river, whole resort was amazing....unfortunately for this stay it’s double the UR points soo Royal Palm hopefully we come 11/26-12/4

OT - I have not received my "big fat check" from Rakuten. They said they sent it to my paypal on 11/14.
I know there were some issues with Rakuten sending out emails in error before 11/14. But then I got the correct email with the correct amount. And in my account it says that the money was sent on 11/14.

Anyone else not receive November's payment?

Nevermind - I think I figured out the problem. Even though I changed my rakututen email, within the account settings on rakuten, I had an old Paypal email listed. I just updated that and sent a message to rakuten. Hopefully they can resend my payment.

Last edited:
I have been using the CFF quite a lot this quarter, not so much in $ but number of transactions. When I first got it, no offers but I now have 22. So use it and hopefully you'll see offers pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!