I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish there was a dislike button...that stinks...but maybe they just want to verify ID
I hope it's something like that. He said he'd call, but I want to wait for the letter to see exactly what the issue is. It's a business, not a "business", but like @Artygal90's, it's a tiny business. DH is in sales so I think he feels relatively confident in talking to them, but when I reconned my own CIP last year I was grilled for 45 minutes, and I don't want anyone else to deal with what I did. So we'll wait for the letter.

I think the issue here is people are calling into the automated line and getting sent to a human, and not the automated status. I recall a few people on the thread mentioning that, expecting a recorded status and a human picked up. I think everyone else hung up, though, out of shock :)

Not sure if it's a change to how they're working the status line, a glitch in the automated part, or maybe accidentally hitting a different prompt? (1-800-432-3117, #, 3, 1, SSN) But it doesn't seem 100% safe at avoiding human contact for the moment.

I followed your instructions exactly after Applying for the CIP for my dh on Monday...never got a human..just the 30 day message, until Wednesday when it said he was approved...just waiting for the card to arrive now. Wonder what prompts the line to switch to a human

I hope it's something like that. He said he'd call, but I want to wait for the letter to see exactly what the issue is. It's a business, not a "business", but like @Artygal90's, it's a tiny business. DH is in sales so I think he feels relatively confident in talking to them, but when I reconned my own CIP last year I was grilled for 45 minutes, and I don't want anyone else to deal with what I did. So we'll wait for the letter.

Glad your husband will call...mine definitely would not, so I’m glad he was approved for the CIP or I would of been reworking my plan

I think the issue here is people are calling into the automated line and getting sent to a human, and not the automated status. I recall a few people on the thread mentioning that, expecting a recorded status and a human picked up. I think everyone else hung up, though, out of shock :)

Not sure if it's a change to how they're working the status line, a glitch in the automated part, or maybe accidentally hitting a different prompt? (1-800-432-3117, #, 3, 1, SSN) But it doesn't seem 100% safe at avoiding human contact for the moment.

Yup- a couple of weeks ago when I tried the automated line, it immediately went to a real live human - no opportunity to choose to use the automated system. It was weird, and I did hang up in shock. Then I got my DH on a conference call and we called back together (the app was in his name) and we again wound up with a real live person, but this time we were prepared (needed to adjust credit lines to get him approved). This was on his CSP - second step of the double dip.

We collect AA miles but don’t use them very often to fly AA. We use them to fly partner airlines. If you have AA miles look into flying JAL out of ORD. You have to search award availability on BA. I wouldn’t worry about AA dumping their Asia flights. You’re better off using their miles to fly on a nicer plane with better service. We are going to Japan next year and likely every few years after that since I loved the Disney parks there. We will use AA miles to get there but have no intention of flying AA metal.
Thanks for this. I thought about using AS to fly Hainan, I think it is. I do know many of the Asian carriers have flights from ORD just not sure if they are non stop which I prefer

DH applied for the CIP last night and got the 30 day notice. I called the status line 15 minutes later and it said 2 weeks. I went to bed happy and was all set to have a dance party here, but when I called this morning it had changed to 7-10. :sad2:

Wow... It's like Chase doesn't want to give the CIP to anyone in your household. Didn't you go through this dance with them on yours last year?

If I cancel the SWA Visa, don't I lose all the miles I already have? DH did this and we lost 50k miles

You'd lose Chase UR or AMEX MR if you cancelled (and it was the only card you had tied to those accts) one of those cards. But once those SW RRs were transferred or posted to you RR account, cancelling the Chase SW Visa won't incur a loss in those points - it then becomes making sure the RR account stays "active" at least once every two years.

I’m so sorry about your house. Our last house flooded twice in 3 years (we lived there 18 years) and the second time we lost everything including furnace and water heater. I hope you hired a cleaning company to do most of the work so you don’t stress too much. :hug:
Nah - I'm such a big time do-it-your-selfer we just went to it with Shop Vacs, fans, dehumidifiers, and got it done :) Also installed a sump pump that is more powerful and has a backup pump on a battery so less stress when we're away. I must REALLY like vacations because the amount of work I accomplished in the last 36 hours to make this happen seems impossible! :thumbsup2

Nah - I'm such a big time do-it-your-selfer we just went to it with Shop Vacs, fans, dehumidifiers, and got it done :) Also installed a sump pump that is more powerful and has a backup pump on a battery so less stress when we're away. I must REALLY like vacations because the amount of work I accomplished in the last 36 hours to make this happen seems impossible! :thumbsup2
Hope you have some extra wiggle room in your travel budgets to treat yourselves to something extra- you guys definitely deserve it!

So sorry about the basement!! Our last house had a water issue, we were told it was a leaky fireplace footing (we didn't have one, just the footings), so right after we moved in we capped them off with cement. Never had another issue in 10 years. Until 2 weeks before closing when we sold it. Pouring rain, water starts coming in. We quick pulled up the carpet, and I stayed up all night using the shop vac every fifteen minutes or so, until it finally stopped about dawn. Then I went to the zoo as a chaperone for a bunch of 4th graders all day. Lordy was I tired. We had to escrow $$$ to get the drain tile fixed for the new buyers, luckily that was ok with them, we just wanted out at that point!

Trying to decide if we should call Chase and see if we can expedite the new Marriott Biz card. I just got my roof finished yesterday and I am using part of that payment to meet the MSR on the new card. So the company just called today to get payment worked out and she's just the nicest lady, so I feel bad having her wait :) I paid the deposit with my SPG Biz many weeks ago to take a good chunk out of that MSR, and now she let me put a partial payment to meet my CIC one, and then the balance will complete the Marriott Biz. I asked if it was ok to pay the remainder next week and she's willing but I'm not wanting to upset their generosity of letting me put an entire roof on a credit card (or ya know, 3 or 4 :teeth:) with no additional fees. Although I wonder if it would make any difference at this point? He was approved Wed so I'm guessing around next Wed we should get it, so if I call to ask for an expedite today is it likely we'd get it any sooner than that?

Oh boy it’s not fun..we had an issue with our basement flooding a few months after we moved into this house 30 years ago..had to trench 2 walls..lay down piping attached to a sump pump...no issues since...but now I’ve probably just jinxed myself

Trying to chat with AMEX about missing starpoints, I never did get points for my tax payment though it counted towards my minimum spend. It was during the period where they were having trouble with points posting, and they never did show up... I want my 1500 points dang it!

AMEX CSR: Here is the list of things that won't earn poits: blah blah blah, fees, balance transfers, returns, person to person payments, gift cards, reloadable/prepaid cards... So those won't earn points.

Thanks dude, so helpful.

I did buy several hundred in gift cards on this statement, at the grocery store with other items, but their beta version shows I earned points on that. It does not show points on my tax payment, or the fee I paid to file through tax act, both on April first. Other than that, I have zero items on his list of non-eligible spend. :sad2:

AMEX CSR: Here is the list of things that won't earn poits: blah blah blah, fees, balance transfers, returns, person to person payments, gift cards, reloadable/prepaid cards... So those won't earn points.

Thanks dude, so helpful.

I did buy several hundred in gift cards on this statement, at the grocery store with other items, but their beta version shows I earned points on that. It does not show points on my tax payment, or the fee I paid to file through tax act, both on April first. Other than that, I have zero items on his list of non-eligible spend. :sad2:

That's weird. I put $5K onto a AMEX Biz Plat thru pay1040 .com to reach the MSR (done end of May), and it got us over the hump to trigger the bonus. Beta version shows it wasn't treated any differently than any other charge. :confused3

Wow... It's like Chase doesn't want to give the CIP to anyone in your household. Didn't you go through this dance with them on yours last year?
I went through it too, but it was because they counted my Amazon card as 5/24. I ultimately talked my way into being approved but it was extremely unpleasant and I had to have a glass of wine when I got off the phone.

I'm baffled by the 2 weeks turning into 7-10 days. I didn't think that hardly ever happened.

Someone on the Swan and Dolphin thread said she called to ask AMEX about the free night, because her AF will post on July 15th, and it says the free nights will start for renewals Aug 1st (obviously we know that here...). AMEX told her to change her payment date from the 15th to the 28th, so her closing date would change from July 20 (with AF) to Aug 3rd. Then she is supposed to get a free night cert, because the statement closes after Aug 1st. I thought this was an interesting thing, especially because my AF is supposed to post July 20th... I just changed my payment date to the 28th too. Won't hurt anything to see what happens, I figure.

Her post:
One more thing: the free night isn't earned until you pay your annual fee on or after August 1, 2018! I called AMEX to confirm this, as our annual fee is billed in July. It was suggested that we change our payment date from the 15th of the month to the 28th, so that the closing date of our next bill (with the charge for the annual fee) will be August 3 rather than July 20. That way we'll get our free night certificate almost a year earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter