I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your keeper cards?

I have some expenses coming up so of course I need a new MSR. There are no sign-up bonuses that are especially appealing so I'm thinking I should maybe get a "keeper" card -- a lesser sign-up bonus but something that will be valuable over time. I'm over 5/24 so Chase is out and I probably should avoid AmEx as I just got two new AmEx cards last month.

Keep and use are two different things – of the keepers I actually use ($574 AF of the keepers).

Chase United MileagePlus Explorer – primary car rental insurance and Chase hotel collection (this card has been used very sparingly this year)

Amex PRG – with the new categories coming, even better

Barclays Arrival+ - my current ride or die. Easy redemption for anything travel basically

Barclays Uber – my only cash back card - no AF.

Amex Delta Plat – companion pass

Found an excellent use for my 15,000 Wyndham points- Christmas in NYC at the Tryp hotel- Times Square South. Cash rates are $463 per night for our dates and we secured the last premium room with 2 queen beds. You can get excellent value sometimes with Wyndham Rewards. Amtrak points will get us to NYC from South Jersey.

Last edited:
I did this on the previous RMN Walgreens offer of $5 off $50. Forgot to link it and had only saved it. At least I paid with a CF! Then did it again, making sure I had linked it, and got the notice from them. That was 9/7 and it's still pending, which makes me a little nervous.
I checked mine that I did on 9/14 and it looks like they give themselves 14 days to pay out. So if you don’t get it by 9/21, I would contact them. I would think you would not need your receipt since it is linked.

this is OT!!!!!!!!:flower1: but I'm gonna make it worse by adding my ds LOVED Blues clues, Bear in the big Blue house,Stanley (anyone remember that?) and The Kratt Brothers.....
Those are the ones my kids were in to. Big Stanley fans. They made the Kratt Brothers into a cartoon now.

Yeah, Cap Kangaroo was lesser known...and I grew up in SUPER small town TX...so maybe he wasn't even national. I just know I watched them both every morning (back before every kid had to do preschool lol). I wasn't allowed much tv so I got to watch those two shows and that was it for the day unless it was Sunday, and then I got to watch the Disney movie that came on that night. I'm so dating myself with this post :D

I don't know how someone could not like Mister Rogers!?! I'm sure someone could find a reason but he brought light and goodness into children's lives, and only tried to be a good role model. I thought he was great.
I think maybe Haley is too young for Captain Kangaroo. I’m not sure if his show was nationwide, but we had it here in Chicago.

this is OT!!!!!!!!:flower1: but I'm gonna make it worse by adding my ds LOVED Blues clues, Bear in the big Blue house,Stanley (anyone remember that?) and The Kratt Brothers.....
I forgot about zoboomafoo! I loved that show. I seriously watched so many shows. Teletubbies, hey Arnold, cat dog, full house, Doug, fairly odd parents. I could go on for days.

Blue’s Clues must have made a comeback and some point since I watched it with DS11. We were actually just talking about that show the other night when he made some type of comment that jogged my memory of it. I’d take that show over Teen Titans Go any day.
Teen titans go is so dumb. They say bro every other word. The kids I babysat this summer watched loud house nonstop. That one wasn’t as bad.

I opened my Chase SW Premier mid-Sept, 2017. When can I expect to see the AF post? I thought it would be there. My next statement period ends Oct. 17.

What are your keeper cards?

This was a thought provoking question and I appreciate your asking and everyone who's answered.

I'm sort of surprising myself when I truly think about it. I only have 4 keepers and NONE are ones I have currently in my wallet:

I have a CapOne card that's older than dirt and a Chase Disney that is at least 12 or 13 years old. So I will absolutely keep these two no fee cards that keep my AAoA higher.

Then I have 2 DiscoverIt cards which are no fee and one if not two quarters I am able to max both of them out...so I will keep those as well.

Everything else, I realized, is always up for review.

I love my AmexPlat (personal and biz) but if there comes a day when I no longer need the "extras" or am not traveling as much, that could change.

I like my Amex Delta Plat (personal and biz) but again, if I don't fly as much in the future (heaven forbid!) or we moved back to Texas where United or American has a larger footprint, then I'd dump them.

Even my Amex EDP, which I thought I would always keep is up for discussion if the PRG changes go through (whoo hoo, Hilton Aspire anyone?).

So, what's in my wallet right now?

EDP and CFU. I'm working on SPG Lux MSR but most of my spend is on my computer :)

Happy weekend everyone!

When were you there last? I thought they closed it several years ago to revamp as Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/idlewild-closes-mister-rogers-neighborhood-make-be/139705538

I did watch Captain Kangaroo as a child, but Mr Rogers didn't become a show until after I started school. My kids didn't like it, though they did watch Sesame Street, Little Bear, Arthur, and Blue's Clues.

Aw man! It has been years. Youngest is 16, so I would guess 8 years maybe? I loved taking them to that park. I did watch the new version on youtube, it is similar. They still all go to the Hug and Song, but they got rid of the creepy animatronic puppets. Lady Elaine always gave me the willies. Haha

Did anyone get the email from AmEx Spg stating 3x points on every $1 spent at Supermarkets and restaurants through Nov 30?

I wonder if it’s better to spend on spg or csr now for restaurants? I’m thinking SPG.

I never noticed the cash, I was so impressed with her really good dl photo :)

Yep, didn't notice that either :sad2:

Sesame Street was one of the first shows to have people of color as main characters-that was a big deal. It also talked about feelings and behaviors. Best of all...there were two characters to whom I relate waaay too closely Oscar the Grouch and Cookie Monster (my bulldog is actually Cookie, my boxer lab is FroYo and my evil mutt is Sugar)! When I'd teach interns and residents about delusional disorder I'd reference Mr Snuffleupagous! It's okay, though, I won't shun you for not loving the show. I mean if we haven't shunned @amalone1013 for not using a link and all....
Lol even if you shunned me I wouldn’t mind.

Logged on to Plastiq this afternoon and it looks like the fee is back for using Masterpass. Earliest delivered date available is Oct 1.

Is this for check payments? I wonder if Plastiq is now enforcing the must be delivered by 9/30 term? I made two Masterpass payments on Plastiq today, with electronic delivery by 9/26, and wasn’t charged any fees.

Aw man! It has been years. Youngest is 16, so I would guess 8 years maybe? I loved taking them to that park. I did watch the new version on youtube, it is similar. They still all go to the Hug and Song, but they got rid of the creepy animatronic puppets. Lady Elaine always gave me the willies. Haha

THAT WAS A GIRL?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter