I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That sucks.

I visit Starbucks enough that I maintain gold status without even thinking about it. But 2 rewards would've been a lot more useful than gold status if you're like @wendow and only visit a few times a year. I'm so sorry @wendow.

I'll add a little data point to this. I accidentally connected both mine and DW's Chase Pay accounts to my Starbucks account so I got 600 Stars added to my Starbucks account.

Thanks! No big deal truly. I just completely misunderstood the promo thinking the 300 stars got you something besides a gold membership, which isn't all that useful in my case. Now I'm wondering if I link dh's CP to my Starbucks. He doesnt even have a Starbucks acct anyways.

Response from Starbucks:
Hello Wendy,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks. I just finished reading your email and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Wendy, I apologize for the fact that you did not receive the Stars for the purchases that you made with Chase Pay. I understand how frustrating this may be. I could see your account and I saw that the Stars were added successfully onto your account and that now you have Gold status, my recommendation is to refresh your account in order to see them.
Now, as part of the benefits you receive with your gold account, every time you reach 125 stars you will be able to redeem a Reward and get a free drink or food item.

In addition to this, you will receive a personalized gold card in the mail. It can take up to six weeks for your personalized Gold card to arrive. If it does not arrive by that time, please let us know and we can issue a replacement. However, you can still earn Stars and Rewards by continuing to use any Starbucks Card registered to your Gold Level account.

Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Adrian L.
Starbucks Customer Care
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What?? How does one refresh an app? I have closed it and re-opened it multiple times and swiped down? Still same 34 stars I had before. I have checked the desktop site multiple times. Same stars. My account does say I'm gold and if you go into the history, it says I earned 300 stars. But nothing about any extra rewards. Says I need to earn 266 stars by 3/17/19 for another year of Gold.

Am I missing something?
Only starbucks knows, but i never received a gold card and i been gold for 2 years

At day 3, Chase pay told me I earned Gold and I received an email from Starbucks saying I was now Gold. But no stars and I am past 5 days. You didn't even get the stars since you are already gold? That would stink. At least if you got the stars, you get two rewards, right?
I still get the stars, but no email to state im gold or that i get another year of gold since im sure i been hit that requirement. I just look at my account i have three awards now (1 previous) and 3 stars short from a fourth reward

Thanks! No big deal truly. I just completely misunderstood the promo thinking the 300 stars got you something besides a gold membership, which isn't all that useful in my case. Now I'm wondering if I link dh's CP to my Starbucks. He doesnt even have a Starbucks acct anyways.
Well, @Lain has an interesting DP there that appears applicable to you, now that you have gold status 300 more stars would actually get you 2 free drinks if the 300 stars post.

What I hate is that our school district hasn’t even approved 2018-2019 calendar yet. So we don’t even know when the first day of school is next year, let alon Christmas or Spring breaks. I booked a cruise for May 2019 based on the fact that last day of school this year is before Memorial Day and the high school district has approved their calendar for 2018-19 with same. Fingers crossed.
Wow you struck a nerve with me on this one too! Man do I hate our school calendar - at least ours is out for 18/19 BUT it's always awful. Could we just have 2 long weekends that aren't related to a major holiday for once? NO, of course not, lol!

Well, @Lain has an interesting DP there that appears applicable to you, now that you have gold status 300 more stars would actually get you 2 free drinks if the 300 stars post.

Today's the last day of the offer. I'd hate to send @wendow back to Starbucks to spend more money, but people have had success getting stars for buying a $10 gift card in-store, right? She could load that money back into her Starbucks app.

But yes, if @wendow can go into DH's Chase Pay account, activate the offer and connect her Starbucks account to DH's Chase Pay account, then the Stars should go to her now-Gold account.

Has anyone here ever used the Hotwire or Priceline Express Deals to book a hotel?

I used Hotwire last Aug for a last min mom/daughter trip to WDW. It was about 10 days out, maybe less. I got POFQ for $82. I knew it was POFQ ahead of time from a thread on the resort board. It was awesome. No issues at all.

The points will expire if not used by September 30 of this year. They will be good for any resort at that point, including Aulani. I mention Aulani because it tends to always have some sort of availability.

Thats good to know. We may rent points for Aulani sometime.

Ugh, mine too! I'm part time and work 2x 12 hour shifts a week but I put them together so I do a 4 on, week off, 2 on, 9 off pattern. I have lots of time to play with. He, on the other hand, is a M thru F guy with 3 weeks vacation per year and it's really harshing my style! Next June marks his 10 years so he will get a 4th week so we have something to look forward. And don't get me started on my kids and their school schedule! I'm going back to homeschooling after next school year.

Nurse? I am too, but stay home now. :) The 12hr shifts don't work well with a DH who travels all week.

Wow you struck a nerve with me on this one too! Man do I hate our school calendar - at least ours is out for 18/19 BUT it's always awful. Could we just have 2 long weekends that aren't related to a major holiday for once? NO, of course not, lol!

Oh the school schedules. That is a can of worms.

Oh the school schedules. That is a can of worms.

Hey, Let's have a Wednesday off in the middle of a week followed by a 2 hour delay the following week on a Tuesday for staff development...I'm sure that won't affect any parents work schedules.

Meanwhile I'm sitting saying if you'd have made that a Friday off with a 2 hour delay Monday we're off to Florida for the weekend!! Or an early dismissal Friday with a Monday off, that would work too!

What I hate is that our school district hasn’t even approved 2018-2019 calendar yet. So we don’t even know when the first day of school is next year, let alon Christmas or Spring breaks. I booked a cruise for May 2019 based on the fact that last day of school this year is before Memorial Day and the high school district has approved their calendar for 2018-19 with same. Fingers crossed

I feel your pain, y'all! It's so annoying to not be able to plan out. Grr...

Our school district has released the calendars for the next FIVE years but, since my DD is graduating next spring, I keep very impatiently waiting for her graduation date. Every month I hope that it will be released but so far not so good. Ugh. How am I supposed to schedule her graduation trip this way??:eek:

I took advantage of an earlier Starbucks promo where I got 300 stars for--I think--adding $5 to my account. I don't go there very often either, and I thought I would get the 2 free items like most others did. But then I found out my 300 stars applied only to a Gold status upgrade. Now with this promo, my 300 stars went toward free stuff. So, when the NEXT promotion drops (no doubt there will be another one!) you'll get a couple of coffees out of it.

Do Disney tickets count as travel on the CSP? I’m looking to buy MNSSHP tickets and trying to decide if I could or should use the CSP for 2x points or get 5% off gift cards at target.

Do Disney tickets count as travel on the CSP? I’m looking to buy MNSSHP tickets and trying to decide if I could or should use the CSP for 2x points or get 5% off gift cards at target.
Even if it did earn 2x URs...5% off at Target would definitely beat 2x points :) (redeemed through a CSR is only worth 3%).

Last edited:
Nope. Tickets purchased via Disney don't count as travel. Crushes my soul. They only count as travel if charged to a hotel room. Get your 5% off gift cards at Target.

I feel your pain, y'all! It's so annoying to not be able to plan out. Grr...

Our school district has released the calendars for the next FIVE years but, since my DD is graduating next spring, I keep very impatiently waiting for her graduation date. Every month I hope that it will be released but so far not so good. Ugh. How am I supposed to schedule her graduation trip this way??:eek:
My youngest is graduating college this year, so it's not an issue for me, but I know our local district still hasn't released next years calendar yet. That is just ridiculous and I would be so ticked off if my kids were still there!

Anyone used the priority pass lounge at LAS? We head out on our cali trip Wednesday pm. We layover in MDW on the way there. We layover LAS on the return.

5 Flights on SW (RR pts plus transferred over some URs plus a CP)
2 nights hotel on arrival to ski Big Bear Lake (hilton points from DH Business trips)
Week rental car (Hertz points from DH business trips)

The bulk of our nights is at the in-laws place. They have a 3mth rental for the winter. Pretty nice spring break free trip!

This year we had a 3 day weekend at end of Feb/beginning of March. Pulled kid out of school another 2 days (well, one is an early dismissal day) and went to WDW. He is in 3rd grade so not too big a deal (plus he’s a good student, not struggling which also influenced my decision) but we’ve decided after this year to avoid taking him out of school for vacations, so it would help to have the dang calendar. Last years school year ended the day after Memorial Day. That’s right, they had to go to school one day after the Holiday. :mad:

Last edited:
Anyone used the priority pass lounge at LAS? We head out on our cali trip Wednesday pm. We layover in MDW on the way there. We layover LAS on the return.

5 Flights on SW (RR pts plus transferred over some URs plus a CP)
2 nights hotel on arrival to ski Big Bear Lake (hilton points from DH Business trips)
Week rental car (Hertz points from DH business trips)
I haven't been to The Club at LAS but I've been to The Club at SJC and it was perfectly adequate. Light snacks and a bar. I think I had Lays Chips, Milano cookies and sparkling wine so what more could I have wanted really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter