I miss planning my trip.

DisLiss

DIS Veteran
Not so much a Happy Dance here, but related in a way. Right before everything started closing I had made my first ADRs and was truly happy dancing! I had my 6 months pre-trip routine in place. Our 20th Wedding Anniversary trip!!

I was walking indoors to park & resort tours on youtube in the morning before the kids left for school, and we were just starting to see temps. warm enough to start going for longer walks outdoors, too. We all had to be ready to pound the pavement at Disney after all. :)

Every few days I'd randomly check wait times and jot down the very highest in a planning notebook, so when it was time to make FPs I'd have my plan of action all set in my mind.

I was figuring out what trip related items I wanted to put in my kids' Easter baskets, and which to give them for their birthdays, and which to give to them to open on the trip down.

DH checked the train every day (LOL!) to see if it arrived on time, and would tell me if it did every day when he came home. It was just a fun little habit we had developed. Not that it really mattered, since it could be on time every day for 6 months and still be terribly late when we were finally on it, but it was just for fun.

Every so often at breakfast I'd announce "200 days to go!", "6 months to go!". "25 weeks to go!". And the kids would get excited.

We were all waiting and waiting for Halloween Party tickets to go up for sale.

And now, none of that is happening. Well, we're still going for walks, just to get out of the house, but I stopped my am indoor walking and everything else as well. And while the Halloween tickets did go on sale, it happened just as we were anticipating closures, so we didn't immediately buy them like we would have done a year ago, or even 6 months ago. And I miss it. I miss the feeling of excitement each time I did a little something for our trip. I miss how my family would ask me each night at dinner "Do you have any Disney news for us?".

Sure, the park's not announced to be closed for our time, but we're feeling very antsy about DH being at work. And while his job falls under the umbrella of "essential" places who can stay open, they are not actually essential. So while it may be financially not great to have him home, we really would rather he be home, and will be relieved if it turns out that way, since he's in a higher risk group. But it would definitely mean our trip would not go on even if WDW were to be open by then.

So, I guess I'm just missing our Happy Dances. And while it's certainly not the most important thing to be worried about right now, I have a lot of time--I can worry about the less important things too. ;) And I figured if anyone would get how sad it can be to plan a trip and then lose the ability to go, it's my fellow DIS board folks. Hugs to all of you who have already cancelled or who will be canceling, or just those who like me, see the writing on the wall for the future. I definitely won't cancel anything until the last minute, but I can't keep pretending that we will definitely be going. :(

Thanks for "listening". :)

Planning our trip and reading all about others' trips was my stress reliever and something I looked forward to each day as a little treat when I had downtime at work. I was pleased at how quickly the trip was coming up - it was going to before we knew it.

When this was all developing last week I was ok with just having to put it off until next year. Now I have no idea what makes sense going forward so I will just have to wait out the summer and see what it all looks like.

I miss it too. My DH wants a Central Florida break. We have gone every year for 4 years....
This last one was the craziest... we were there last week... and now we are stuck in the house for two weeks because we went. We are showing signs of being sick... wish we did not go.
I am hoping for a Disney cruise next or maybe a Disneyland adventure.

Last edited:

Why not plan trips coming in the future, this virus won’t weaken or destroy us as Disney fans.

Think of your favorite Disney films, we stick together we can get through anything.

we were there last week... and now we are stuck in the house for two weeks because we went. We are showing signs of being sick... wish we did not go.

Oh no! I hope you're all on the mend soon!

Think of your favorite Disney films, we stick together we can get through anything.

The kids and I have been watching one Disney film each morning, so at least they'll be all up on their Disney knowledge when we get there next. :)

(And I've played Villianous approx. 473 times in 5 days, which actually might be what it takes to make me decide that I don't care for Disney anymore, LOL! ;) ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!