I missed the SW 60k offer

Public link for California residences... earn CP with just making minimum spendings 40k points. pretty sweet deal if your still on the fence.

Public link for California residences... earn CP with just making minimum spendings 40k points. pretty sweet deal if your still on the fence.
Two questions: Would I qualify for this if I already have a SW cc? I would like to apply for the Plus (already have the Premier) but only if I qualify for the promotional CP offer.

Second question: If I DO qualify, can I use the timing method we've been discussing (on the 60,000 pt offer) to get almost 2 years out of the CP, or is it limited to one year only?

Ok never mind. I just found the link to the information about it and the answer to both questions is no.

Two questions: Would I qualify for this if I already have a SW cc? I would like to apply for the Plus (already have the Premier) but only if I qualify for the promotional CP offer.

Second question: If I DO qualify, can I use the timing method we've been discussing (on the 60,000 pt offer) to get almost 2 years out of the CP, or is it limited to one year only?

for anyone who is curious, you can possibly ask chase to match it if your in California. This is great if you had 2 already and couldnt make the CP amount.
As for the 2nd question, you cannot stack it with the regular CP method. The one year of CP will supercede and expires on a specific date so you cannot stack it.

at least, thats how i read it.

for anyone who is curious, you can possibly ask chase to match it if your in California. This is great if you had 2 already and couldnt make the CP amount.
As for the 2nd question, you cannot stack it with the regular CP method. The one year of CP will supercede and expires on a specific date so you cannot stack it.

at least, thats how i read it.
Yes, that's what it says. It ends Dec 31, 2018 regardless of when you reach the minimum spend so there is no point in waiting to try for another year like with the regular offer. It also specifically states that you can't have a Chase Rapid Reward card already. I'll paste that info from The Points Guy below:

Typically, when you earn a Southwest Companion Pass, the pass will be eligible until December 31 of the year after earned. So, you might be wondering if waiting until January 1, 2018 to make the one purchase will get you the Companion Pass through December 31, 2019. That’s covered in the Terms & Conditions: “Promotional Companion Pass is valid from the time promotion qualifications are met, through December 31, 2018.” So, there’s no reason to wait to make the purchase.

Other important terms and conditions apply to this excellent offer:

• This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Rapid Rewards Credit Card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Rapid Rewards Credit Card who received a new cardmember bonus for a Rapid Rewards Credit Card within the last 24 months.
  • To qualify for this offer, (a) Member must have a valid California address listed on their application for the Rapid Rewards Credit Card, (b) Member must open a Rapid Rewards Credit Card by November 30, 2017.
  • Please allow up to 15 business days after qualifying for promotional Companion Pass to receive your notification to designate your Companion.

The part I don't understand: WHEN does this happen? I want to get the two years of companion pass or as much as possible. So if he applied for new cards in 2017, does he have to complete spending in 2017? Or does he have to wait and apply Jan 2018, spend, get the C pass for remainder 2018 and 2019? Thank you so much for your help!!

It doesn't matter so much when you apply for the CC - it matters when the points hit your account. You need 110000 points to hit you rapid rewards account within the same calendar year. Once that happens you will get the companion pass for the rest of that year and the next year.

So for example, I applied for the cc's a few weeks ago, but I will be very careful to not hit the spend amount required until the first few weeks of January. That way they'll give me all my bonus points in January of 2018. THen I will have the companion pass for the rest of 2018 and all of 2019.

For the companion pass, points only count in the year that you got them - so you can't earn 50000 points this year and then get 60000 in January and still get the CP. Yes, you would have 110000 rewards points on your account, but you didn't "earn" them within the same calendar year. SO it's all about timing when those points get to your account.

It doesn't matter so much when you apply for the CC - it matters when the points hit your account. You need 110000 points to hit you rapid rewards account within the same calendar year. Once that happens you will get the companion pass for the rest of that year and the next year.

So for example, I applied for the cc's a few weeks ago, but I will be very careful to not hit the spend amount required until the first few weeks of January. That way they'll give me all my bonus points in January of 2018. THen I will have the companion pass for the rest of 2018 and all of 2019.

For the companion pass, points only count in the year that you got them - so you can't earn 50000 points this year and then get 60000 in January and still get the CP. Yes, you would have 110000 rewards points on your account, but you didn't "earn" them within the same calendar year. SO it's all about timing when those points get to your account.
Thank you! I understand!

Just wanted to post this for general information. There was some discussion earlier in this thread about the number of day that Chase was allowing to meet the MSR on the Southwest cards. Several people stated that Chase was allowing 115 day to meet the MSR. Today I secure messaged Chase about the card that I applied for on 09/25/17 and was told that my deadline was 12/25/17. That's 91 days or three calendar months, not 115 days. You may want to verify your deadline with Chase.

I will still be okay, as my statement ends 12/15/17 and I will have from 12/16/17 to 12/25/17 to meet the spend, but that's a much shorter period of time than I had anticipated.

Just wanted to post this for general information. There was some discussion earlier in this thread about the number of day that Chase was allowing to meet the MSR on the Southwest cards. Several people stated that Chase was allowing 115 day to meet the MSR. Today I secure messaged Chase about the card that I applied for on 09/25/17 and was told that my deadline was 12/25/17. That's 91 days or three calendar months, not 115 days. You may want to verify your deadline with Chase.

I will still be okay, as my statement ends 12/15/17 and I will have from 12/16/17 to 12/25/17 to meet the spend, but that's a much shorter period of time than I had anticipated.
Are you sure this is correct? I SM'd Chase and specifically asked what my statement closing dates were and what the minimum spend date was for each. Both were applied for 9/26 and both, according to Chase, have a min. spend date fo Jan. 19. One has a closing date of the 11th of each month and the other, the 22nd. Is it possible they are giving you the closing date and not the minimum spend date?

That's strange. I secure messaged chase in early October (I applied around the same time as you). My dates to meet the minimum spend are 1/20 (me) and 1/21 (DH). Glad I saved the communications in case there is an issue!

I was very surprised when I received the response to my SM today. But it definitely says "The deadline to meet the spending requirement for your new account bonus offer is December 25, 2017." I may wait a couple of weeks and ask again. It's great that you were given 115 days.

I just wanted to let everyone know and that they should contact Chase and get a deadline in writing.

Are you sure this is correct? I SM'd Chase and specifically asked what my statement closing dates were and what the minimum spend date was for each. Both were applied for 9/26 and both, according to Chase, have a min. spend date fo Jan. 19. One has a closing date of the 11th of each month and the other, the 22nd. Is it possible they are giving you the closing date and not the minimum spend date?

That's strange. I secure messaged chase in early October (I applied around the same time as you). My dates to meet the minimum spend are 1/20 (me) and 1/21 (DH). Glad I saved the communications in case there is an issue!

I was very surprised when I received the response to my SM today. But it definitely says "The deadline to meet the spending requirement for your new account bonus offer is December 25, 2017." I may wait a couple of weeks and ask again. It's great that you were given 115 days.

I just wanted to let everyone know and that they should contact Chase and get a deadline in writing.

The first time I secure messaged them they toldme 90 days, so I replied again and asked them to clarify as I had thought it was 115 days, they responded and said they were very sorry for the confusion but that it was 115 not 90 - that the initial rep who said 90 and gave me a December date was incorrect.

Here is a copy/paste of what they said " I have reviewed your account and I want to apologize
for the misinformation given. I will be more than happy to
clear up all the information previously provided. Your
statement closes on the 19th of each month and the last
date to meet the $2,000 spend is January 19, 2018 (115
days) and not December 25, 2017."

Let me know if I understand correctly - I received my 60000 cards finally on Monday, after a few weeks delay because, for some reason, they suspected someone had stolen my identify - I had to send lots of personal paperwork.

Nevertheless, I've already spent the required $2000 on each, and the amounts are showing up on my Chase Southwest Visa account (I'm definitely using the points in June, so there was no need to wait on my spending). The closing date they sent me was December 3. Since all of my required purchases are already on my statement, can I go ahead and move my closing date sooner (which I guess I can do online)?

Let me know if I understand correctly - I received my 60000 cards finally on Monday, after a few weeks delay because, for some reason, they suspected someone had stolen my identify - I had to send lots of personal paperwork.

Nevertheless, I've already spent the required $2000 on each, and the amounts are showing up on my Chase Southwest Visa account (I'm definitely using the points in June, so there was no need to wait on my spending). The closing date they sent me was December 3. Since all of my required purchases are already on my statement, can I go ahead and move my closing date sooner (which I guess I can do online)?

You can Secure Message (SM) Chase when you're logged into your account online and ask to move your closing date to whatever date you want. Out of curiosity, what is your strategy here? It sounds as though you obtained multiple cards and don't need the points until June at the earliest. Was there a big reason to complete your spending now versus completing it after your December statement closed so the points would hit in January 2018 so you could secure the companion pass for two full years instead of one?

You can Secure Message (SM) Chase when you're logged into your account online and ask to move your closing date to whatever date you want. Out of curiosity, what is your strategy here? It sounds as though you obtained multiple cards and don't need the points until June at the earliest. Was there a big reason to complete your spending now versus completing it after your December statement closed so the points would hit in January 2018 so you could secure the companion pass for two full years instead of one?

Traveling with a large party and will need the companion pass for the June 2018 trip, along with all of the 120000 points. So, you recommend using the secure message function, rather than using the Change Closing Date option in the dropdown menu? Or, is the dropdown option going to take me to Secure Message anyway?

Traveling with a large party and will need the companion pass for the June 2018 trip, along with all of the 120000 points. So, you recommend using the secure message function, rather than using the Change Closing Date option in the dropdown menu? Or, is the dropdown option going to take me to Secure Message anyway?

I've only used the SM option so I have a record of their response, but you can certainly try either one.

Make sure they understand you want your closing date sooner. Don't just say something like the 20th make sure they know it would be Nov 20 not Dec 20. Yes, I made that error. Thought I had been quite clear I wanted to move date up but they extended the dat out further.

I know it's silly but it's kind of hard to not actually just meet my spend on the new cards. I keep second guessing myself and checking my totals to make sure I haven't used the wrong card. Don't want to have gone through all of this and then mess up getting the CP for 2 years.

I know it's silly but it's kind of hard to not actually just meet my spend on the new cards. I keep second guessing myself and checking my totals to make sure I haven't used the wrong card. Don't want to have gone through all of this and then mess up getting the CP for 2 years.

I totally understand! I got the cards for my DH, but I am the one doing the spending on them. After I activated the cards, I left them right on the paper they came on. I am writing what I spend right on that paper so I can keep track of exactly how much I have on each card. I haven't put them in our wallets coz I don't want to accidently use them. I have spent 1600 on 1 card & only 800 on the other. I am planning on spending 2200 on each to make sure I account for the annual fee. We have Disney trips planned in December, January, April & September. (Thus the need for the companion pass! :rotfl2:). I have rooms booked already except for September. I am hoping to book a bounceback rate for that one when we're there in December. So my plan is to just pay on those trips in early January & meet my spend that way.

I have it all planned out. But I alternate between freaking out I'll mess up & meet the spend too early & wanting to hurry up & get the pass. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient until January & it will all work out.

I totally understand! I got the cards for my DH, but I am the one doing the spending on them. After I activated the cards, I left them right on the paper they came on. I am writing what I spend right on that paper so I can keep track of exactly how much I have on each card. I haven't put them in our wallets coz I don't want to accidently use them. I have spent 1600 on 1 card & only 800 on the other. I am planning on spending 2200 on each to make sure I account for the annual fee. We have Disney trips planned in December, January, April & September. (Thus the need for the companion pass! :rotfl2:). I have rooms booked already except for September. I am hoping to book a bounceback rate for that one when we're there in December. So my plan is to just pay on those trips in early January & meet my spend that way.

I have it all planned out. But I alternate between freaking out I'll mess up & meet the spend too early & wanting to hurry up & get the pass. I have to keep reminding myself to be patient until January & it will all work out.

I'm also keeping track on an Excel spreadsheet of the amount we're spending so I don't screw up! We are close to $1500 on each card and I plan to stop and then spend the rest a few days into January!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter