I need care package ideas

My good friend has me send him salty things (to retain water--he says he's drinking crazy amounts and it runs right through him) and shave cream in a tube. I'll add small brushes to the next package, unless his wife has already done that. LOVE the yo-yo idea, thanks! That's nice and pocket-size.

Thanks!
Brandie

MAY I just add Ladies.... I know your Husbands (or wifes) would love recciving a Tshirt you have been sleeping in for a coupple of nights, the pillow case idea is good , but hold the perfume. Spray that on a piece of paper instead.
The day to day diary is a good idea , let the kids make drawings or write little notes , let them ! take photos ( they often catch something adults do not) add it all in a plastic zip bag.
and Vaseline and baby powder no perfume added.

The Toys never arrive at a bad time hahahaha... it is very very funny , HOW tuff grown men (and boys) turn to little kids when the boxes arrive..

Thank you ladies for thinking of us.

Posting on my DW's log-in. The flea collars are not a good idea. They can cause major irritation to the area that the collar is worn. They actually brief you not to wear them. They have bug spray and sunblock/bug repellant that can be worn.

I just returned, from a short stint. The one thing that was great to have was the bottles of hand sanitizer. The regular pump type bottles for the room, but they also sell boxes of the small bottles, that are great to throw in a pocket for when you go flying or on the road.

Another item a lot of guys had was the larger IPOD. They had the large # of GB (40 or 80 I think) and they had their favorite movies, tons of songs and photos. It's almost like having a handheld computer for entertainment.

Crystal light sells boxes of individual packets of lemonade etc. They fit perfectly into a 16 to 20 bottle of water.

Overall, anything you send will be greatly appreciated. The simple fact of getting a box with your name on it, is one of the best feeling.

Well, Dh has been over there for a couple months now so I thought I would update with some other things to add to our lists in case anyone else needs them.

For Father's Day next month I had a photo calendar made on Snapfish.com to send.

I sent him a camera, too, so he can take pics to show the kids where he is, also because I am secretly making him a scrapbook of his deployments while he is away and I need more pics ;) .

I had to send some allergy meds because when he first got there breathing the dust and sand was really hard on him, I'm not sure if he's used it or not, but he's gotten used to it and is doing much better now.

I'm going to get him one of those misting fans like we use for WDW trips because he told me the other day that when there is a breeze there it feels like someone blowing a hairdryer on him:faint: .

l like the water balloon and water gun idea, I think I'm going to send him some next month because he was also talking about wanting to go to the beach, he said "I've seen enough sand, but I'd really like to see some water!"

I just sent out a pirates themed box, thought you would all like this idea!

Pirates Of the Caribbean DVD
eyepatch
pirate hat
inflatable sword
goldfish crackers
lifesaver candies
jolly ranchers (to look like jewles)
Bubble Gum Coins
Book on Pirates
Sea monster action figures

Please click on the "support the troops" thread in my siggy! Lots of various websites with MUCH useful info!:thumbsup2

Hi all-

Some of my best finds come from the local Dollar Tree. I have a package I'm shipping out later today for my brother. In it, I included all sorts of 4th of July decorations from the Dollar store. They had a ton of stuff- ribbons, bows, buntings, streamers, etc. in red, white, and blue.

I also love that you can find awesome snack items for $1. I have a HUGE bag of sunflower seeds. And they sell gum in the massive bags, too. Every box we send over, we include one a large, new, washed water bottle (again, a Dollar store find) that we pack all the drink packets into. Propel is starting to develop the individual packs, as well. A nice change from the Crystal Light! I also carefully look through all the games and whatnot they have. DBro has loved some of the seemingly stupid games, action figures, race cars, etc.

The next box is a beach party themed ones- water balloons, water guns, the noodles, blow up plam tree, etc. Again, all from Dollar store. It really helps to off-set the grocery costs!!

I am so glad I found this thread. I am getting ready to send my DB a care package and was looking for some ideas. Thanks for all the suggestions.

BTW, when I spoke to my brother a few weeks ago, the 2 things he requested were, Gold Bond powder(because of the heat) and toe nail clippers. Apparently, they are a hot commodity.

Do you know about flat rate boxes that the post office has? They are free priority shipping boxes that cost $8.10 to send up to 25lbs and you would be amazed at the stuff you can send. You can order the boxe, the customs forms and the tape for free at the usps website.

Tina,

Do you know what size box you order?

My boyfriend is now stationed in Saudi Arabia (Air Force). I just sent him a care package today...figured he needed something soon, even though he's only been there 4 days!

I sent him Big Red gum, one of those foam dart guns, glowsticks, Teddy Grahams, a little battery operated handheld fan (I mean, it IS like 140 degrees over there), and other fun toys.

I labeled it "Box O' Fun"...tee hee.

He's going to be gone 6 months, and I plan on sending him one every month!

Also, on the size of the box...I always just go ask for a flat rate box at the Post Office...it's usually about $9....and depending on how well you can pack, you can fit a lot in there!

Tina,

Do you know what size box you order?

I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I normally use the long shirt looking boxes to pack all my stuff in because I can stack more in that box than the shoe box looking ones. After I seal the boxes with the pull of seal I have to tape the ends really good because my boxes tend to bulge quite a bit.

I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I normally use the long shirt looking boxes to pack all my stuff in because I can stack more in that box than the shoe box looking ones. After I seal the boxes with the pull of seal I have to tape the ends really good because my boxes tend to bulge quite a bit.

Where have you been hidin???????:goodvibes

I sent out a 12x12x12 box today. It was a little over 13 pounds and was only nine dollars to ship priority!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter