I Need Help Locating...

rainydayplay

DIS Veteran
...Stencils.

I have painted my DD's room pink with the plan of turning it into a princess room. I've bought the castle mural (which I think looks awesome) and the large princess wall stickers. I would like to stencil a border on the wall. I've seen one for a Tinkerbell project called "fairy dust" and a princess one -- I think the stencil shown on this page http://disney.go.com/disneyhome/cinderella/paint2.html done with heart shaped jewels on the hearts and sparkle paint would be great in her room, as would the stencil in the green square on this page http://disney.go.com/disneyhome/tink/paint.html.

I'm having trouble finding these or anything like these, even after lots of searching on the web, going to my local Home Depot (then the guy there told me to go to Michael's...nothing there...and I stopped in Lowe's for good measure.)

My bathroom is now a light purple. I was going do a Tinkerbell theme, but I can't find any accessories that are Tinkerbell -- but I went to Target last week and found a TON of Princess stuff for the bathroom, including a shower curtain with a castle on it!

Does anyone know where I might be able to find some things where I can get both rooms finished?

TIA!

Hello. I saw both of these at my local Home Depot. I am in the planning process of doing DD's room in a princess theme, too. Haven't painted anything yet, though! I'll have to check at Target to see what kind of princess items they have there. Thanks for the head's up! :goodvibes

Back to the stencils...They were in the paint section, near the Disney Behr paint chips. They were on a Disney rack in the aisle. They had Tinker Bell wall stickers and I did see that Tinker Bell stencil. They also had all the princess stickers and they had that princess stencil, too. There were also wallpaper borders and the flower stamps. I would go back to Home Depot and see if they can order it for you. Clearly they carry the items. Maybe you could even check on-line to order them through the Home Depot website. Good Luck! Let us know how the room turns out! Maybe I can get some good ideas for DD's room.

Thanks.. When I was at Home Depot that day, I showed the guy that worked there the pictures of the stencils and all. He said he painted his daughter's room and had to get stuff from Michael's. (He also said he'd started off hand drawing Cinderella and other things princess until he got a projector system so he could trace...it was so tempting of a thought to say "wouldn't you like to come over and paint in my room???")

He showed me a book (which was on sale at the moment for super cheap) of painting techniques where it looked like they were adding huge scrapbooking embellishments to the room. If all else fails...I may go that route. But I'll check and see about ordering first.

BTW, our target had a GORGEOUS princess lamp that was around $25. My DD has already asked for it for her room.

I was just at Michael's last night and they had such a poor selection of stencils and painting stamps. They did not have anything princess related or even remotely close to what either of those stencils look like. I did buy the princess wall stickers at Target, though. I think they were a little cheaper than at Home Depot. I did check on-line and you're right - those stencils seem impossible to find! Is there a number on the Disney Behr site? Maybe you could call a customer service number and tell them you want to buy one of their products but they are impossible to find! I do think that Home Depot may order them for you, though. Usually stores can call other stores to see if they have an item in stock and then it would be delivered to your store a short while later.
I did see that Princess lamp. It was so pretty! I debated over it for awhile because DD already has a lamp with butterflies and flowers, it's pink, so it still matches and is very pretty. I don't think I can justify replacing it, even though the princess one would match so well!

Yeah, Michael's selection is poor...unless you are looking for, say...scrapbooking materials...then they are just expensive! :rotfl: I'd like to get that guy that told me to go there and make him tell me where he found whatever he found.

I totally feel you on the lamp. My aunt gave my DD a Cinderella lamp for Christmas. While it's one of those gelee-looking deals that is shaped like Cinderella (and thus blue and not pink), a large part of me says that it is a princess and, therefore, close enough.

Hi!
What did you end up doing? We're you able to find anything to use in place of the stencils? Or were you able to locate them?
I've had a busy week, so I haven't been able to get anything done. Hopefully, I'll make some headway next week.:confused3 We'll see!

Hi! I've actually had a couple of DISers who have messaged solutions to me. I may be in possession of the stencils pretty soon, and I couldn't be happier. Hopefully, I might have some pictures I can post soon!

Just as I had suspected...ask the DIS and a solution will be found! (At least...it was Disney-related!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter