I need some really good suggestions for lowfat, low calorie, yummy snacks

Goofy'sFriend

"Gawrsh"
I posted this on the community board as well. It seems that it is this time every year that I need to really make sure I know what I put in my body. I exercise everyday. I don't drink enough water, so I will definitely work on that. I thought I would get to the store tomorrow and pick up some good snacks. I already know about the fruits and veggies, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for really yummy, healthy snacks I could pick up. Thanks!:)

I like the WOW ruffles.:) If your grocery has them, Skinny Chips are corn chips that are 60 calories/cup. If you like ice cream sandwiches....try the Skinny Cows.

I love the skinny cow's and would eat them all the time but the price is a little steep. I tend to use them sparingly and enjoy every bite.

How about Trader Joe's spicy black bean dip. It's great to dip carrots, celery, chips, pretzels, and if you are on WW, it's a zero point food. Tasty to boot.

Sometimes to change up the apple routine we warm them up in the microwave then sprinkle them with a little cinnamon. Kind of changes up an old standard.

Another favorite is the Quaker mini-rice cakes either chocolate or caramel corn. Gives a good crunch too.

I tend to stick to the fruit and veggie genre for snacking. Being on WW, it's easier on my point totals. I have become especially fond of grape tomatoes. They are so flavorful!

Thanks! Someone on the community board posted about Skinny Cows also. I haven't seen them, but I also wasn't looking for them. I will check out my store this week. I also thought about the rice cakes....to satisfy the "crunching cravings". I'm working on my 2nd glass of water now, not too bad. Does anyone know about the Fruit 2 0 drink? I saw that at Sam's the other day.:)

http://www.skinnycow.com/ You can follow this link and get some Skinny Cow coupons. If your store dosen't have them, WW makes a similar product.

I never heard of the fruit drink you mentioned. Wonder if they sell it at Walmart too.....I like the Diet V8 splash. It's 10 calories.:)

I love Orville's almost Fat Free (Smart Pop) in the snack pack size ......it is the perfect size - zero fat & hardly any calories - yum yum!

The Fruit 2 0 was available by the case at Sam's. It is flavored water....made by Very Fine. I will look for it in the grocery store so I can try one instead of buying a whole case. If anyone has tried it, let me know if it is good. Thank you for the coupon link, I will check it out. Spoisal, that popcorn is a good idea. Does it have flavor...or is it just plain popcorn? Thanks for all your help.:)

It does have butter flavor - i'm not talkin' movie theater drenched butter, but it is a good flavor ;)

My fav right now is to hot air pop some popcorn (I like the white kernel best) and spray it with butter flavored Pam (0 calories) and shake on some garlic salt. MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

Salty sticks are also good. Small, thin sticks and they are 105 calories for like 82 of them. Good for munching.

Also, Keebler makes a version of animal crackers called Efin crackers or something, in snack size bags... about 130 calories and it's a good size bag.

I've been counting calories, not doing WW, but I've done WW and both things work for me.

Thanks again for your suggestions! I've tried these this week and they are GREAT...frozen grapes!! Try them, they are a super snack!:)

WW also has their smartones version of Skinny cows and they are a little cheaper. I really like the chocolate ones better than the Skinny cows. They see creamier to me. I, too don't buy them every week, but use them as a treat a couple times a month.

I have become addicted to Pria Bars. I especially like the French vanilla!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter