*I NEED YOUR DISNEYLAND TRIP ITINERARIES, TIPS, TRICKS, & RECOMMENDATIONS*

TurnDownForWalt

DIS Veteran
My wife & I & two kids (daughter age 4 and son age 8) are in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Disneyland for 2021. :earsboy: We're from Michigan and have visited WDW Orlando countless times, so we're by no means Disney novices... However, this will be our very first trip to California and I'm seeking any Disneyland tips and guidance you can provide (specifically for traveling with younger kids). At this point, we are targeting late January or early February for about 5 or 6 days. I need your:

- Recommendations for best hotel / accommodations with kiddos
- Daily park itineraries / strategies to help avoid crowds
- Best dining options
- Other must-see things to do in So Cal with kiddos (other than DL)
- Any other tips, tricks, or recommendations

So many people are in the midst of cancelling their DLR trips right now. I don't know if this is the best time to ask them to plan your trip. But there is more than plenty of information available on this board to keep you busy for a bit until all the immediate chaos calms down. :)

You were given some good links in your other thread. Have you read them? If not, cruise through that thread to find them: Disney World versus Disneyland??.
Also, try using the Search bar (upper right corner) to look for threads on the same/similar topics -- you'll find lots of helpful information!
At the top of the first page of the Disneyland (California) forum, you'll find the sticky threads. Look at the second sticky: * DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here!. Click on that to find TONS of helpful information! For example, inside that sticky, you'll find:
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets -- given to you in your other thread -- a must read for you!
HydroGuy Tips Compilation -- definitely read through this!
In the above thread:
"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862
"Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/ -- doesn't matter if you have kids or not -- the issue is proximity to the DLR gates!
"What You Should Know About Off-Season at DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18462889 -- your dates come with the probability of shorter hours, cooler/wet weather, more refurbs, less staffing, less entertainment, nighttime entertainment on weekends only, etc.
DAY SIX Podcasts of Things to Do Around Disneyland -- start here for other things to do

You have plenty of time to do some research and planning. Go through these threads and come back with more specific questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!