I Paid Someone $5 for a Catchy Trip Report Title, and This is All I Got-Updated 12/29

Okay, that's it. I'm going back to read the whole thing again. That way it'll never end! :rotfl: Seriously though, I loved reading your TR. I'm so happy I stumbled on it. It was the catchy title that lured me in. Thanks for sharing all the memories! :thumbsup2

Yes, we went to MK on 12/20. It was collllld!!!! It was crowded but not to bad because we all got to do what we wanted. Didn't stay that night for the EMH because of the cold tho.

We went to GF, Poly and the BW hotel. All done up very nicely. We spent time and DTD and the Boardwalk which is always fun. Only in town from Sat and left Monday afternoon but it was a nice getaway. Now I am going to start planning my summer vacation.

Going to go check your PTR before it gets so long that it is hard to catch up.

I spent a very cold Christmas day at the Magic Kingdom back in.....1983, my first visit, come to think of it. Three things I remember from that visit: 1) buying a Mickey sweatshirt just to get warm (I thought it'd be warm in Florida) 2) running from the exit of Haunted Mansion back to the entrance and going through three times in a row, 'cause nobody else was there 3) riding Space Mountain with my parents.

Sounds like you had a nice time seeing the resorts, DTD, and the Boardwalk.

See you on the PTR!

Okay, that's it. I'm going back to read the whole thing again. That way it'll never end! :rotfl: Seriously though, I loved reading your TR. I'm so happy I stumbled on it. It was the catchy title that lured me in. Thanks for sharing all the memories! :thumbsup2

What a nice compliment Jenbear! Thank you! I'm glad you found it too, so I could hear your feedback. :goodvibes

Oh I knew it! I'm just taking a few days off and you finish your TR :mad:

Just kidding, thanks for sharing your wonderful memories with us glennbo123... I'll keep following you in your PTR.

Tribilín;34810706 said:
Oh I knew it! I'm just taking a few days off and you finish your TR :mad:

Just kidding, thanks for sharing your wonderful memories with us glennbo123... I'll keep following you in your PTR.

Thanks Tribilín. I appreciated your funny comments along the way. I'll be looking for you over on the PTR.

:sad2::sad2:

i'm glad u started ur ptr

Thanks for following along Jordan. I believe it was you who started the "ptr" chant, as I recall. :upsidedow

I'll have to do this in installments- No way I can remember 5 years of stuff!

Chapter #3:

You did know we're staying at POR, right?? Well, if not, you do now.

So, I was particularly excited about THE BOB show!! VERY, VERY excited!

I"ve gone to his website a bunch of times, and am stoked that we're even staying right where he plays. Yippee!!

How cool that he even gives the kids signed photos- WOW! Maybe he'll cut with protocol and give us adults one too.

I'll have to do this in installments- No way I can remember 5 years of stuff!

Chapter #3:

You did know we're staying at POR, right?? Well, if not, you do now.

So, I was particularly excited about THE BOB show!! VERY, VERY excited!

I"ve gone to his website a bunch of times, and am stoked that we're even staying right where he plays. Yippee!!

How cool that he even gives the kids signed photos- WOW! Maybe he'll cut with protocol and give us adults one too.

No, I didn't realize that. I love POR, we've stayed there twice, only this last time was just for one night. Yeehaa Bob is great -- you are right to be excited. I am planning to catch him again in June.

Any other little hidden gems or fun things to look for at POR??

I know about the butterfly garden behind the Acadia House section, but anything else??

Any other little hidden gems or fun things to look for at POR??

I know about the butterfly garden behind the Acadia House section, but anything else??

Hmmmm. Not that I can think of. You saw the fishing in my TR, and the pool is fun (hardly hidden!). There are some nice quiet pools too.

An AP Panic Attack:

The funniest, most dramatic, lost (forgotten) tickets story I ever read was that'snice's!! Totally forgot them- AT HOME!!! It all worked out, but was expensive and fuh-nee!!

Tea Cups used to be fun, when I was 30, at 42 they make me queasy. Maybe at 52, I'll puke all over the green one.

BTMRR is one of my faves, but HM tops it. Too bad James wouldn't go on it. Glad to hear you didn't force the issue.

Love how you sneak your kids on some thrill ride- ie. Splash. :lmao:

I kinda like this read as you please approach to TR's. I get personal reply service. And it keeps your report from getting locked up/moved.

An AP Panic Attack:

The funniest, most dramatic, lost (forgotten) tickets story I ever read was that'snice's!! Totally forgot them- AT HOME!!! It all worked out, but was expensive and fuh-nee!!

Tea Cups used to be fun, when I was 30, at 42 they make me queasy. Maybe at 52, I'll puke all over the green one.

BTMRR is one of my faves, but HM tops it. Too bad James wouldn't go on it. Glad to hear you didn't force the issue.

Love how you sneak your kids on some thrill ride- ie. Splash. :lmao:

Yeah, I guess HM is on the "next time" list for James.

With Splash we figured we wouldn't make a big deal about it...just a little boat ride. :rolleyes1 He went on the one at Sea World, "Journey to Atlantis", back in 2005. It has scary theming instead of the nice Song of the South theming on Splash. He was absolutely terrified and I literally had to hold him into the boat, I thought he was going to make a break for it. Then for the rest of the trip he wouldn't go on any rides that were remotely scary or thrilling.

I kinda like this read as you please approach to TR's. I get personal reply service. And it keeps your report from getting locked up/moved.

Yes, you get personal service!

I got through the review of Sanaa tonight, and I must say everything, yes, EVERYTHING looked amazing!! WOW! Yummo!

We got to have the most fantastic meal we've ever eaten in Dubai at a Pakistani place- I think they are quite similar cuisines. I'm drooling just thinking about it!!

Have a feeling they cut the spice though, as Sanaa.

Kidani looks equally spectacular. Someday, I'd love to explore around a bit!

(You didn't have to sleep on the balcony that night, did you?)

I got through the review of Sanaa tonight, and I must say everything, yes, EVERYTHING looked amazing!! WOW! Yummo!

We got to have the most fantastic meal we've ever eaten in Dubai at a Pakistani place- I think they are quite similar cuisines. I'm drooling just thinking about it!!

Have a feeling they cut the spice though, as Sanaa.

Kidani looks equally spectacular. Someday, I'd love to explore around a bit!

(You didn't have to sleep on the balcony that night, did you?)

Everything was really good at Sanaa. Not very spicy at all, so yes, I'm sure it was a toned-down version of what you experienced.

Balcony? I'm trying to remember what I wrote in that installment that would put me in the doghouse?

Everything was really good at Sanaa. Not very spicy at all, so yes, I'm sure it was a toned-down version of what you experienced.

Balcony? I'm trying to remember what I wrote in that installment that would put me in the doghouse?

Just my "round-about" way of asking HOW SPICY the food was. ;)

Just my "round-about" way of asking HOW SPICY the food was. ;)

Okay, my response was something like....it wasn't too spicy. DW and I like it spicier than the kids, as you would probably guess. But everybody, kids included, loved their food.

Hello from April 2018! I came over here after reading your current TR -- enjoyed reading that one so I came here to see your first one. So cool to see your family now and then. I can't believe your son is graduating from high school! Time flies....

Wow, not sure if this is a blast from the past or back to the future or what!? Thanks for reading one of my old reports @DLHNYC! This was my first one ever! (But there are some older photos in one of the Pre-Trip reports...I did flashback TRs in the middle of them, to fill some of that lull time after the plans were made and we were just waiting for the trip to roll around.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!