I said we would never do it but ......

I would add to the above that so many people stress not to go during Xmas. We had the best time! What could be better than MK on Xmas day!

Yes, it is super busy, but it was so much fun. Just make sure you have ADR's, because trying to do quick service is like suicide. You will starve to death before you get any food, especially at MK.

I would add to the above that so many people stress not to go during Xmas. We had the best time! What could be better than MK on Xmas day!

Yes, it is super busy, but it was so much fun. Just make sure you have ADR's, because trying to do quick service is like suicide. You will starve to death before you get any food, especially at MK.
I booked ADR's Monday night at 95 days out. There were plenty of places available. We will go to the parks early, ride our FP and whatever else we can, eat and head to the resort. This is what we got for lunch every day.
12/23 MK The Plaza
12/24 AK Rainforest Cafe
12/25 EP Coral Reef
12/26 HS Hollywood & Vine
12/27 MK Crystal Palace

Having been to WDW the week after Xmas, I can honestly say I would not do it again if I won the trip for free. The money you are spending to stay at AoA seems exorbitant to me, and the Contemorary prices sound downright ridiculous. But cost is relative to everyone’s own priorities, income and budget. No one else can assess that but you. But I reiterate, millionaire or barely getting by, I will never be found at WDW the week after Christmas again in this lifetime. We will be there 12/16-12/22. I think it will feel as Christmas-y as Florida can feel, and we have two rooms (hopefully connecting) at Pop Century for <$2000.

Having been to WDW the week after Xmas, I can honestly say I would not do it again if I won the trip for free. The money you are spending to stay at AoA seems exorbitant to me, and the Contemorary prices sound downright ridiculous. But cost is relative to everyone’s own priorities, income and budget. No one else can assess that but you. But I reiterate, millionaire or barely getting by, I will never be found at WDW the week after Christmas again in this lifetime. We will be there 12/16-12/22. I think it will feel as Christmas-y as Florida can feel, and we have two rooms (hopefully connecting) at Pop Century for <$2000.

LOL! I get it! We did that week when my now just turned 44 YO was 12, and swore never again! LOL!

We are at OKW the week you are visiting. That is our favorite week to visit WDW. We are in the Holiday Spirit when we arrive, having left the house all decorated, and ready for CHristmas. We enjoy the Holiday events, and then return home to CHristmas just around the corner. Believe it or not, this has been one of the best ways for me to be sure not to get too stressed over the Holidays.

We Did Contemporary Magic Kingdom View for Christmas NewYears. The best experiance period. If you can swing it it will be memories for life of Disney. We stood on the balcony eating muffins watching the fireworks from all around the lake. You can't beat it if you swing it do it.

I’m glad the OP seems to be willing the give AoA a shot. I’ve never stayed at a deluxe, and the thing that always keeps me away is thinking about what I could do with all that extra money. In the OP’s case, that’s $4,400 extra either to keep in their pocket or to sprinkle like pixie dust over the rest of the vacation. Assuming half days on travel days, that’s over $700 per day! That’s a lot of money! That could be the beginning of the next trip, or it could be HDDR, BBB, amphicar, fireworks cruise, dessert parties, etc. If OP is taking the passholder plunge, then I think they kind of owe it to themselves to try out vacationing this way. The savings over one trip are huge; the savings over multiple trips would be absolutely colossal.

About AoA, I’ll echo the praise for the decor, the food court, and the bus service. The queues are so much better than the Lord of the Flies bus stops everywhere else. I think it’s crazy how often I’ve seen CR, GF, and Poly (and also Boardwalk area) share buses considering what they pay. My only bus horror story is from AKL headed to MK after dinner at Boma— bus took longer than I think it should have, crowd was building going to MK, and then the bus came... already half full with people from Kidani. It got kind of ugly. Pop and AoA not sharing buses is such a luxury. With the OP being in the Nemo suites, taking the Pop bus and walking over will also be very easy.

Would not stay at a value - has nothing to do with what the room is like, but have heard too many stories of thin walls, which translates to 'noise'. We like quiet nights and relatively quiet days. Also, lots of large groups - family, sports, etc.

Would not stay at a value - has nothing to do with what the room is like, but have heard too many stories of thin walls, which translates to 'noise'. We like quiet nights and relatively quiet days. Also, lots of large groups - family, sports, etc.
You know what you like nothing wrong with that.

But FWIW I've heard noise complaints with people staying at Mods and Deluxes including unruly guests and it wasn't restricted to rooms.

Value resorts are horrible!
You would be better off to stay at the
Motel 6 down the block. Stay at Pop Century. Clean, neat, horrible elevator, confusing to get around, cheesy.

we are staying at pop in November our first value stay. I will be honest I am not excited about the resort but I know for a fact my Mickey loving 6 year old is going to love the room. I have adjusted my expectations and will enjoy my trip. Still my DH is checking daily for any Fort Wilderness Lodge cabins cause that's where I wanted to stay.
My wife and I are dvc members and stay at deluxe resorts frequently but when we are out of points POP is are go to. We are in the AARP club but enjoy are stays there. Best bus transportation and we enjoy the theming. We have two days there in November before we move to BWV. Relax and have a great vacation.

It's deluxe or POP for us. Don't like mods.

It will be POP 3 x next year unless we can score a discount that I can live with. I'd rather shorter value trips if it means more trips.

I booked ADR's Monday night at 95 days out. There were plenty of places available. We will go to the parks early, ride our FP and whatever else we can, eat and head to the resort. This is what we got for lunch every day.
12/23 MK The Plaza
12/24 AK Rainforest Cafe
12/25 EP Coral Reef
12/26 HS Hollywood & Vine
12/27 MK Crystal Palace
I booked ours a week or so ago when we decided to do Christmas.

We got:

12/21 Boatwrights
12/22 Boma
12/23 Tusker House Rivers of Light Package
12/24 Rose and Crown
12/25 Mama Melroses & Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party
12/26 The Wave & HEA Dessert Party
12/27 Grand Floridian Cafe & Liberty Tree Tavern
12/28 San Angel Candlelight Processional (There was LOTS to choose from)

You know what you like nothing wrong with that.

But FWIW I've heard noise complaints with people staying at Mods and Deluxes including unruly guests and it wasn't restricted to rooms.

I understand what you are saying, it's just in general, from reports I've heard that the chances for it seem lots more likely at Values as lots of groups seem to fill those first.

Unruly, inconsiderate people know no boundaries! :(

I just got off the phone with Disney. We talked about all options and we could stay at Beach Club for about $1000 more for the whole trip but what you say makes total since. This is for the kids. I think they will have a blast at AoA in the Nemo suite and the pool looks awesome! We are going to stick with what we have. Worse case, we can come back in a few months and stay somewhere else right? One question I do have about AoA pool. Since it seems to be huge with all the cool things going on, will it be overcrowded with people coming from all stars and pop or do they actually enforce the no pool hopping rule.

I've never stayed at AoA but we love the BC/YC. I love being able to walk to Epcot and see fireworks from our balcony. We also love Cape May Café which is in BC lobby. I'd gladly pay $1000 for 5 nts of being within walking distance of 2 parks at the busiest time of year.

We Did Contemporary Magic Kingdom View for Christmas NewYears. The best experiance period. If you can swing it it will be memories for life of Disney. We stood on the balcony eating muffins watching the fireworks from all around the lake. You can't beat it if you swing it do it.
We stayed at Contemporary the last 3 visits. Atrium Club Level just last week 6th thru 16th. I totally agree on the statement "you can't beat it" We LOVE the room, the view, the lounge etc. This trip is just because we have AP now and it's a bucket list trip. We would have stayed at Contemporary again but it was just too much especially after just returning from a very expensive trip. Our girls wanted to stay at the Mermaid room but when I showed them pics of the Nemo Suite they flipped out! They are so excited to stay at something themed towards them and not us parents.

Our view last week ....
IMG_3290s.jpg

IMG_3425s.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard noise complaints with people staying at Mods and Deluxes including unruly guests and it wasn't restricted to rooms.

Just last week there were kids running down the hall at 11:30 PM and we were staying in the Contemporary Atrium Club Level. I finally opened the door and walked down to the lounge where 2 adults were sitting (I assumed they were their parents) and asked if they seen any kids running. Before they answered I said if you see them, warn them that I called security. I grabbed a cold drink and left. The running stopped, go figure. My point is kids will be kids no matter what level you stay and and FWIW, I didn't call security.

We've stayed at almost every resort and my husband would stay at AoA for every single trip from here forward. He HATED the Poly, but the man loved the room layout at AoA. I think you and your kids will really enjoy it! While we were there, during Thanksgiving week, the pool was almost empty every day and the cafeteria had an awesome Thanksgiving dinner. I know Christmas week will be busier, but it's what you make it! Best wishes!

I think you will have a great trip! We went from December 27th to the 1st last year and a great time. We also went back in 2005 and had a great time. NYE was crazy and I would skip being in any park that night but other than that, the crowds were not as bad as I thought. As for AoA, your kids will love it, and having two bathrooms will be beyond nice.

I just now google mapped Art of Animation and I had no idea it was so close to HS, Epcot, AK and Disney Springs! Minnie Vans? Absolutely!

Happy Birthday to your daughter! My birthday is also on December 27th. Can be tough to not get lost in the shuffle of Christmas. Congrats on making her birthday extra special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!