I think I got a good car rate...

leebee

DIS Veteran
...but rental rates seem pretty high right now. I have a ressie at Alamo for a midsize car for 10 days, 1/15-1/25.Total cost, with taxes, fees, and surcharges, using a free-day coupon for joining alamo.com, comes to $231.72. This is only $12 more than the same ressie I made 2 days ago, for a nine day rental. Prices seem high, but also are changing rapidly. I'll keep trying, but time's running out...I'll have to start packing soon!

Not bad! Rates have been high for over a year...

I've got one week total of $235 for a Full size...so I'd say you've done good!

I'm still looking, though...this morning I booked with Alamo again, same company, same dates/time/size, and got the rate down to 220.37 using promo code 699349 and rate code ut. It wouldn't take my one free day coupon, though!

I got a full size car through dollar with a discount code and a coupon mentioned on the Mousesaver's site. I will be able to use Emerald Aisle and I am only paying 143.00 including all taxes.. Have you checked out the mousesaver site? My car is being picked up in FLL, but usually the prices at MCO and FLL are pretty close, unless there is something happening in Orlando at the time.

Sgt. Disney,
Check again before you leave. Mine just dropped to 143.66. Did I catch you yet? :)

YOU DID BEAT ME!! LOL!! You are now .30 cents lower than I am.. I will check before I leave.

Hey SGT Disney,
I hope you have a wonderful trip and a wonderful time!!!! :)
Good luck with your rate, I hope it drops a bunch.

sgtdisney... which coupon did you use for Dollar? I don't see one mentioned on Mary's site. ~:D~

sgtdisney... which coupon did you use for Dollar? I don't see one mentioned on Mary's site. ~~

His ressie is with National. He keeps on saying dollar, but, dollar does not have the Emerald Aisle.

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
His ressie is with National. He keeps on saying dollar, but, dollar does not have the Emerald Aisle.

Gail is absolutely right.. Sorry about that. I think I am trying to do too many things at once.. My reservation is with National and that is where I am using the coupon I mentioned. Sorry if I confused anyone. Maybe it's because I tend to use Dollar 80% of them time.. Anyway my reservation is with National. Thanks for catching that Gail. I am off now to my flight. I will keep you posted of the results when I return next week!

I just got a rate of 252.30 ttl with the UT code. What card or group/assn is that code from so that I can get that rate when I go there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter