i want adventure in the great wide somewhere - running journal! (comments welcome)

I always regret not upsizing my "Right on Hereford..." T shirt cause it was just too small (but no trying things on when I got it). I would still wear it today if I hadn't given up on it.

Weirdly, I do not wear the finishers jacket or sweater that I bought in 2019 (and don't get me started on 2011--it was a year they decided NOT to embroider the logo on the front of the jacket and just print it on. The flak was so great, I don't think they ever did that again!) I should have worn it this past weekend. I saw others, but I always feel self-conscious with it on, and it has a big-a$$ logo on the back.
Get the shirt next time you're in town!

The past 2 years also have not been embroidered. Between that and the Bank of America logo, I thought people's heads were going to combust. I say wear the gear!!

Boston Marathon Race Recap
Part 1.5: The Gear

Before I dive into the recap, here's the gear round up I promised! The only things not pictured are a few of the things I purchased before the weekend started. They were already packed in my post-race gear bag. I'll post those eventually, I just haven't had the time yet to take photos of them.

First up is the glass tumbler and a shot glass. The glass was a decision, the shot glass was an impulse buy at check out. But worth it! I missed out on a travel mug but I'm hoping some stuff pops up at outlets or online. Or I could find something on Etsy if I want to.

tempImageNUJDwH.png

Next up is my Marathon Sports haul. We have thee spike and the three t-shirts. A lot of blue, I'm realizing. They had a shirt with the names of some of Boston's great women (Bobbi, Katherine, Des, Shalane, etc.) but didn't get that... this year. Maybe next year I'll get it.

tempImage2pcAuc.png

Third is the some of the official gear from Adidas I got at the expo, the gray sweatshirt with the cities and towns and landmarks on the back, blue sweatpants/joggers, and the white hat which I've worn too many times.

tempImageJJVPGV.png

This is the most of official gear I ordered before hand, almost all on sale. I got the backpack, beanie, pink light weight joggers, and a cream quarter zip. The other things I got but don't have photos of yet are the celebration jacket, leggings, sneakers, and the blue shirt with the same design on the back as the gray sweatshirt above.

tempImage4yI7VZ.png

And finally this is the free shirt from the BAA. I don't mind the blue and yellow, but it matches the volunteer jacket and totally clashes with the rest of the gear.

tempImageFNmahj.png

I got the grey sweatshirt, shot glass, and Spike too! Were you able to get the 26.2 glass from Sam Adams? I got one on Friday and went back on Saturday but they were sold out.

I got the grey sweatshirt, shot glass, and Spike too! Were you able to get the 26.2 glass from Sam Adams? I got one on Friday and went back on Saturday but they were sold out.
I love the gray sweatshirt! It's so cozy. And it was never on the adidas app!

I didn't get the Sam Adams glass or the bottle opener. For someone who has lived in and currently works in the city... I've never been to Sam Adams. What a scam that they switched the opener for a patch that I'm gonna stick in a drawer, btw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter