I will be thin by Dec 2006

budbeerlady

<font color=blue>I call DH The STREAK!!<br><font c
I am going back to WDW for Dec 2006. I need to be more healthy!!! I am 28 (OMG, almost 29 :scared1: ) and I need to get it together!!!!! I have high blood pressure, and 20 pounds to lose!!!! So this is gonna be about what I do and how I get myself together!!!!! Wish me luck, comment if you wish or have good ideas I over looked! Thanks!

After procrastinating some more, and you will see that is a theme for me. I got a buddy from the wish board to keep accountability and we have roughly the same goals. So hopefully that will help me. I tend to jump into things (after procrastinating) a little whole hog, so I am trying to make permanate changes, not just jump into something and the go back to my old ways a week later.

So step 1 today is to do my best to stop drinking Coke all the time at work. Basically I sit at my desk and start the day with a coke (or 2) and a fudge poptart. :rotfl2: I am the picture of health, cant you tell? So this am I bought a jug (really a box) of O.J. and a yougurt. Had that for breakfast and not sure if that was the best combo. But it is 8:30 and i still havent had a coke, so there is hope. (And most importantly I havent hurt anyone either) Coke is like my 3 cups of coffe, i cannot function unless I have one. Good thing I never started smoking or drinking, I think I would have a bit of a problem as I have a hard time quiting Coke. :rolleyes1 But I am going to look for a walking partner around here and who knows what will happen. I was getting over zealous and looking at the WDW half. And then I should start looking for a tread mill and I need new shoes and a stop watch. Small steps not giant leaps. So I will start to mosey my way around and if I get into a walking routine then I can look at the half in the spring.

budbeerlady said:
After procrastinating some more, and you will see that is a theme for me. I got a buddy from the wish board to keep accountability and we have roughly the same goals. So hopefully that will help me. I tend to jump into things (after procrastinating) a little whole hog, so I am trying to make permanate changes, not just jump into something and the go back to my old ways a week later.

So step 1 today is to do my best to stop drinking Coke all the time at work. Basically I sit at my desk and start the day with a coke (or 2) and a fudge poptart. :rotfl2: I am the picture of health, cant you tell? So this am I bought a jug (really a box) of O.J. and a yougurt. Had that for breakfast and not sure if that was the best combo. But it is 8:30 and i still havent had a coke, so there is hope. (And most importantly I havent hurt anyone either) Coke is like my 3 cups of coffe, i cannot function unless I have one. Good thing I never started smoking or drinking, I think I would have a bit of a problem as I have a hard time quiting Coke. :rolleyes1 But I am going to look for a walking partner around here and who knows what will happen. I was getting over zealous and looking at the WDW half. And then I should start looking for a tread mill and I need new shoes and a stop watch. Small steps not giant leaps. So I will start to mosey my way around and if I get into a walking routine then I can look at the half in the spring.

You sound ALOT like me!! I could go through a 6 pack of coke a day!! Then I developed some problems...(Fibrocystic Disease..in my breast) the caffine makes them swell....REALLY BAD!! Dr. said no more caffine...not cokes, no chocolate!! Yeah, pretty tough for an addict like me!! I can usually have one small coke a week with no side effects...other than that....it's painful!! Also, I have a pack of poptarts in my desk drawer!! I'm trying to have a decent b-fast at home so I won't indulge in the PopTart mania!...sometimes it works.
Also, last year I started walking w/ a neighbor....we would do 2 miles and it was a lot of fun...then we started running and did a couple of 5k's. That was then, this is now!! I'm starting all over on the running thing. My DH and I are starting to walk in the evening now....2 miles...so far so good! I just need to get in the habit of drinking water!! I still crave cokes, but I know the consequences...not worth it!!
Look into a Women and Running program....there are alot of walkers in that program. Also, see if your area has a Running/Track Club....also alot of walkers there.

Good luck and hang in there....YOU CAN DO IT!!! :banana:
(sorry so long)

Tried rather unsucessfully to fight the caffine habit! :confused3 Made ti untill 3pm, had a root beer, got a killer headache and a bad attitude. Not to mentian a serious case of road rear end after driving w/ the Mother in Law for the day. So DD spent the night with her and I took my pouty butt home to Dh, who futhered my bad mood by wanting to stay home and cook something. :stir: :sad2: I am not cooking, I was dreaming of a nice big sausy burrito for dinner!!!! So my crabby self went up the road to buy a pizza and a 2 liter of coke. (I am holding DH responsible for my downfall, I am sure I can twist this into his fault somehow!) I am contemplating running away for the night or atleast out for a burrito but darn it it's now 8:30 and one should never eat that kind of food and go to bed. So I get my pizza and coke and head home! (Must add for my own ego; got hit on at the store, Dh might not have wanted to take me out but someone did. But I dont tell it to Dh for the sake of argument.) Hahahahah!!! :rolleyes1 He wasnt that good looking but it is the point of the thing!!!!

So sunday I wake up and repent for my sins of the day before by eating yougurt, a spinach salad and a taco during the course of the day. (While drinking the diet Cherry Pepsi I got the night before) And the mother in law and I went for a walk. But I am not sure anything moving that slowly counts as a walk. Walking with her might be tough as I am normally a fast walker and especially if there is a goal involved. (Made record time to get that soarin fast pass through the crowd and down the steps this past Dec. Dh didnt seem that impressed, he gets a bit irritated when I tell him to wait over here I will be right back.)

So its monday and I wont tell about the bag of candy hearts on my desk if you wont!?!?!? :rolleyes1

I see you are like me--just start out with some bad habits to break. I always have one cup of coffee a day and usually nothing with caffeine after that as it keeps me wide awake! Lunch is the cut off for anything w/ caffeine except at WDW. I can drink a coke and then fall asleep there! The place wears me out!

Anyway, just wanted to say good luck to you and please don't procrastinate too much/long. I am great for that but eventually it catches up to you!

I hope those candy hearts are still on your desk next week!! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter