I Won at SkyAuction!

FayeW

DIS Veteran
I have been very busy planning our Feb trip, and remembered that some people on the DIS have reported good results with skyauction. I signed up on the weekend, and won a Ready, Set. Go auction last night for $43. I am so excited! I can't believe we will stay in a resort for 7 days for $253. US, and with the exchange right now that should put us around $330. Cdn.
We are going for 9 nights, so maybe I will try Priceline for the other 2. We are only going to do 1 day at WDW, Mk only this time. I gave it some thought and decided that since this trip might never be repeated I would rather the kids have the experience of the dolphin swim at Discovery Cove. That one day is going to cost nearly $1000. (cdn) but does include 7 days at SW. We are also going to buy the 5 day bonus tickets for US, IoA, and Citywalk, they are only $90. for adults and $77 for kids. It looks like tickets for everything, including MK will cost about $1800. cdn. That is about $500 more than 7 day PHP with the Cdn special, but now that I am saving so much on accomodation, and being able to prepare some light meals/snacks at the resort, I think that doing everything we plan will end up costing about the same as just doing Disney. Who knows, maybe once he sees how much bang I can get for our buck, DH will agree to a return trip to just do WDW!

Any testimonials for SkyAuction, or suggestions on which resort I should try for? Also, I would like to do some non-park Disney things, like maybe sightseeing at the resorts, doing a character meal or getting a snack and staying for fireworks, or the campfire at FW. Any ideas about things we would be allowed to do with out a park pass? ( I don't mind paying a fee, I just don't know what we might be allowed to participate in.)

That's awesome about your win! I won a per night bid at a 4 star hotel outside Disney for my off-site nights. But I really thought the 7 nights looked great ($195. + bid amount:D ), Lawgs (?) wrote some where that Orange Lake Resort was beautiful.

That's excellent. I have been watching those auctions also and almost bid on the one you won, but I need 2 (paying for DSis and her family 's accomodations so I want to keep it cheap).
Is there any inventory for Feb. yet in the system because every time I try for April nothing comes up? I am a little scared to try and have nothing that I want ever come up. I am really hoping for Orange Lake or Vistana resort. I want to buy now for the same reason you did-exchange rate. I can't believe what a good deal these are, wish I had learned about Sky auction sooner.

Originally posted by FayeW
Also, I would like to do some non-park Disney things, like maybe sightseeing at the resorts, doing a character meal or getting a snack and staying for fireworks, or the campfire at FW. Any ideas about things we would be allowed to do with out a park pass? ( I don't mind paying a fee, I just don't know what we might be allowed to participate in.)
Get a PS for a Character Meal...Chef Mickey's at the CR would be fun and wouldn't require a pass. Then you could watch the Electric Water Pageant from the resort after...it's really pretty. DD is also a great place to spend some time & it's free (well the shopping isn't ;)). We like to check out other resorts when we're there & it's a fun thing to do although the kids might find it a little boring...depends on the kids. You can participate in pretty well anything that doesn't require a park pass so there should be plenty to do. I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions here. :)

Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful vacation. Congrats on your win and have a great trip. Be sure to tell us all about the Dolphin Swim when you get back. :)

p.s. Now you should go to the Technical Board & get a countdown timer. :)

I haven't seen anything much for next year, I'm going to use skyauction for Dh & mine Jan. winter getaway (Antigua I think)
so I haven't seen very many that don't end in Dec yet.
I feel like you, I wish I'd found them sooner.

The thing I really like is you know the resort/hotels and you can look up the prices (through other travel places) and know if your get a good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter