Ideas/tips needed....

RitaZ.

Move on don't hesitate, break out.
We are leaving for WDW Thursday afternoon. The thing is that the kids don't know anything about it, we are keeping it a surprise!!!!! I have always wanted to do this, but I haven't been able to keep it from the kids. My kids LOVE WDW and are always asking when our next trip will be.

Anyway, I want your ideas on how to tell them the news. I have been packing while they are at school. We will not tell them anything until we pick them up from school on Thursday. Any fun ideas/tips on how to tell them on Thursday? :bounce: :bounce:

We did something similar when my children were young. My husband had a meeting in Anaheim, Ca. so the plan was to go to Disneyland. My mom often came with us on vacation, or out to breakfast, etc. I too packed "when they weren't looking" and that morning the "plan" was to take Daddy to the airport. My neighbor drove us all under the guise of, "we'll drop Daddy off and go out to breakfast. When everyone piled out of the car to kiss Dad goodbye, I handed each of them their old Mickey Mouse ears and told them they would need them for where we were going. They were stunned. They didn't believe it until we started down the concourse. It was a lot of fun.

Dawn~ I like that idea. We usually take my mom with us on vacation, but this time she isn't coming. My kids have their Mickey hats and I could do something similar to what you did. I can't wait to surprise them!!!:bounce:

I love Dawn's idea!!! I just hope you all have a wonderful time on your trip! I am sure your kids will love the surprise!!!

LOL normally it's the other way around.

Tell kids they're going to Disney World and when they get in the car, lock it and take them to school. :p

Good luck with the surprise.

Tell kids their going to Disney World and when they get in the car, lock it and take them to school.

:eek: :eek: :p :p :p

Coqui, I'll have to tell DH about this.:p

Congratulations, Rita!! How do you keep it a surprise??? I booked my trip for this December and my kids knew about it while I was on the phone and have heard about it every day since!!

I wish I could keep this a surprise, but I love to include them in the planning and I know for sure I would slip in no time!!

Enjoy your trip!

Kim:D

No advice for surprising them. Just wanted to say that this sounds like so much fun. I wish I had some little ones to surprise with a trip to WDW.

Katholyn

wanted to join in on the wishes for a great trip! I think Dawns idea was perfect! If the secret gets out don't fret....sharing all the excitement is a blast too!
It's our dream to one day live in Fl. and have a trip as a local!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter