If a person is allergic to curry and hot / black pepper.....

Kitster

Crazy about Stitch
will there be anything at Boma they can eat without asking for food to be specially prepared? I'm allergic to all forms of hot peppers (I can eat sweet peppers but not jalapenós or other spicy varieties). Am I going to really enjoy eating at Boma for dinner? I hate to waste the PS or the money if I'm going to hate, or be unable to eat, most of the food they serve.

Help...........opinions please.

Allergic to curry? I don't think that Boma is the place for you.

I would recommend calling the restaurant directly and asking them what they think. They would know best about what dishes they offer without this popular African spice.

The fact that it's a buffet might also be a concern for you. Even if you think you are scooping up a food without curry, who knows if some curry-laden food might have "dropped in" via wandering ladels and spoons.

My understanding is that many of the chefs can walk you through the buffet to find things you can eat. However, as someone who hates curry and avoids hot things, there are quite a few of things you totally can eat

1) the fish with mac nut crust
2) the sweet potatoes (one of my faves)
3) many of the soups and salads (and there's many). One soup is a sweetish chicken, apple and bell pepper soup that is to die for. My grandfather loved the ox-tail, but that proabably has pepper in it
4) The prime ribe shold be ok, I don't remember a rub or anything
5) Lots of stuff of the "American" buffet
6) all of the breads
7) And of course, the amazing desserts

About the curry, I only remember seeing 1 curry based dish (a soup) as it is not really an "African" spice, more asian. But again, the chefs there are generally good about helping people out.

That all said, if you're nervous you may not enjoy your meal, and that's a shame:( Be comfortable with what ever you choose so that you can fully enjoy yourself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter