If I'm listed on two concurrent reservations, but not as primary, will there be a problem?

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
We have two villas (same resort, size and booking category) booked for our family trip in December. My name is on both because DH and I are arriving the day before, and I hope to get our room assignments as early as the rooms are available so I can stock the kitchen with food, etc. I'm not the primary guest on either one. I know that if I were primary on both, DVC might cancel one as a duplicate, but since I'm not primary on either one, will there be a problem?

No, it won’t in terms of the reservation being canceled But your magic band can not work for both at the same time so you won’t be able to be checked in to both right away.

Id check in To the second room and DH the first one foe that first night and then when your guests Arrive have yourself checked back in to the room with DH.

No, it won’t in terms of the reservation being canceled But your magic band can not work for both at the same time so you won’t be able to be checked in to both right away.

Id check in To the second room and DH the first one foe that first night and then when your guests Arrive have yourself checked back in to the room with DH.
Hmm, maybe I could add a name to my MDE that’s a variant of my name, drop my real name from that reservation and add the variant. I could get a separate MB in that alternate name. Maybe that would work?

Hmm, maybe I could add a name to my MDE that’s a variant of my name, drop my real name from that reservation and add the variant. I could get a separate MB in that alternate name. Maybe that would work?

It could unless you are the one checking in and if they ask for ID, it won’t match?

Just bring two MB for DH and use his to go in and out of that one room until your other guests arrive.

It could unless you are the one checking in and if they ask for ID, it won’t match?

Just bring two MB for DH and use his to go in and out of that one room until your other guests arrive.
A very practical solution, as usual, Sandi! And I will definitely keep it in mind.

I just took myself off the 2nd reservation and created a person in MDE who has my first name and my maiden name, which is on my ID as a middle name because it was my professional name. Tomorrow I'll add that person to the 2nd reservation and hopefully that will work. If we all do online checkin and get our room numbers via text, we should be good to go - maybe....

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!