If the flattening isn't working is it time to face reality?

is it interesting or just a result of desparate clinging to something he hoped would work bc someone keeps talking about it in every press conference. I know a dentist who tried to call in scripts for him and his wife and my pharma friend refused him bc lupus patients can't get their meds.
I’m sure there is some element of desperation (which is a personality characteristic of anxiety), but I can’t imagine any doctor (having worked with them for almost forty years) or dentist putting their family at risk if they didn’t believe there was truth to the claims that DOCTORS put forth.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...ronavirus-treatments-covid-19-things-to-know/

Uggh this thread isn’t t even fun to read anymore. Too many snarky comments and people bickering over who is “more” right. Can’t we just keep it friendly. We can disagree and discuss but just be nice! Things are crummy enough all around .

I don't believe a Dentist tried to have a script filled. A Dentist would know those 2 drugs together can create deadly arrhythmias and the patient must have their QTs monitored closely.

So the millions that are going to end of homeless are what? Collateral damage?
No one is cheering for this. I'm just saying that it's part of the natural cycle and everything ends up okay on the other side. People might have to work a couple years longer, cut back on expenses, sell some stuff, or find a side job but they'll make it through.

I don't believe a Dentist tried to have a script filled. A Dentist would know those 2 drugs together can create deadly arrhythmias and the patient must have their QTs monitored closely.
It's a hoarding situation. You give the prescription and warn the patient not to use it unless they find themselves in an ICU (if they're not smart enough to warn them about this, then we have a different problem). If you get to that point, you'd tell the doctors that you have it and I guess the hope is that since you have it on hand, you could take it right away, even if the hospital doesn't have it. The docs might be peeved about it though.

As far as the rush on hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, the same thing happened in 2003 with the ricin incidents and cipro. The doctors were the worse hoarders. Patients who needed the drug for actual ailments like UTIs and other infections were out of luck. BTW, the "chloroquines" are very serious drugs that impact many body systems, have numerous drug interactions, and require frequent monitoring. They are old but far from benign. Don't try this at home folks!

Where do you get the $600/week extra? $1200 per person (at this point) one time payment. $500 for kids. So, as I said, for a family of 4, it's $3400.

Did they confirm boosting unemployment benefits? And, where will this money come from?

The money will come from the same place the money for the corporate tax cuts and the lowered tax rates for rich people did. The national debt will rise.
The question is will progressive tax rates rise for the 1%?

The bill has been agreed upon, it hasn’t been passed. I wouldn’t count any chickens before they hatch.

And when it passes, don’t be surprised to see a veto. He and his family are specifically excluded.

Yeah. I definitely see your point. I go back and forth on all this. It is just such a horrible and complicated experience for everyone. I understand the Netherlands were going the herd immunity route, but I have not seen much reporting on how that is going.

Netherlands abandoned that approach and went to social distancing.

5E468715-1A27-4902-AF25-9638DE1E619A.jpeg

No one is cheering for this. I'm just saying that it's part of the natural cycle and everything ends up okay on the other side. People might have to work a couple years longer, cut back on expenses, sell some stuff, or find a side job but they'll make it through.
Couldn't you say the same about the virus? It's "part of the natural cycle and everything ends up okay on the other side".

Not knocking all dentists but I once called a dentist about a very serious, potentially fatal drug interaction and he told me to mind my business and that he was going to report me to my pharmacy board for interfering with his practice. I said go ahead, they will thank me for doing my job.

So, numbers are still doubling every 2.5 to 3 days. Current cases in US are currently at 60,000. In 14 days we will have 1.9 million cases. By Easter it will be 4 million. And that is at current shutdown. We are not anywhere near the peak yet, so we need to keep the shutdown going and actually increase our efforts.

So, numbers are still doubling every 2.5 to 3 days. Current cases in US are currently at 60,000. In 14 days we will have 1.9 million cases. By Easter it will be 4 million. And that is at current shutdown. We are not anywhere near the peak yet, so we need to keep the shutdown going and actually increase our efforts.
Hopefully the lockdowns will prevent those numbers. But, yeah, that is where we were headed before we started isolating

A very intelligent man, multi-billionaire, terrific businessman, head of an extremely complex organization, and philanthropist.

“It’s very tough to say to people, ‘Hey keep going to restaurants, go buy new houses, ignore that pile of bodies over in the corner, we want you to keep spending because there’s some politician that thinks GDP growth is what counts,’” Gates said. “It’s hard to tell people during an epidemic … that they should go about things knowing their activity is spreading this disease.”
Bill Gates

Regardless of how this virus is being portrayed, it is not an automatic death sentence. The vast majority who get it recover at home without even being hospitalized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter