If the flattening isn't working is it time to face reality?

If it hasn't passed, then I apologize for mis speaking, but numerus articles indicate it has. Either way, May checks aren't going to help people who really need this money much.

If it hasn't passed, then I apologize for mis speaking, but numerus articles indicate it has. Either way, May checks aren't going to help people who really need this money much.

Yeah, hasn't passed yet. Leadership announced a deal was reached but apparently they weren't speaking for everyone because it looks like it is going to be held up in the Senate over one set of problems and then, even if it passes, held up again in the House over an entirely different set of objections. At this rate, they may not even get to an agreement by May, never mind sending out checks!

Everyone talking about chloroquine being a potential cure needs to temper it. Seriously.
It isn’t helping those that truly need it for approved uses. And it’s only making dumbsacks dumber by self medicating.

Has there been evidence of chloroquine working in the clinical setting to help patients recover? Yes, but so has not prescribing it. Even praying has helped anecdotally.

Until there is a complete formal study using randomized participants, we can’t say for sure whether it is a treatment. And as mentioned many times, all the observations of chloroquine use has been done in inpatients who are constantly monitored. You don’t just take this medicine at home for COVID-19.

And just because you hear of a doctor here and there hoarding it doesn’t mean they’re the brightest bulb. Not all doctors are beautiful and wonderful people. Rand Paul is a doctor and he still went about his activities before receiving positive COVID-19 test results.

Unfortunately you’re going up against this.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...0abn6nN6RwXqRSZqWgm_LujaYjCHDav-1xZaLzr08PI2MAn insurer/healthcare provider is rationing meds and thanking their patients for their sacrifice.

Also wanted to add that my DH got his “essential employee travel letter” from his company yesterday and I was quite impressed with it! It referenced at least three state and federal policies outlining why what they do is essential. I’ve never seen anything like it before. I’m accustomed to traveling with my own disaster pass which is simply the back of my hospital ID. At any rate, he’s keeping one copy in his car (and one at home) and he also took a picture of it to have on his phone.
My DH is expecting to get one soon from his company. I’m like you, anytime I was essential my work ID badge was the proof. Thankfully I am no longer essential & luckily still being paid b/c I’m working from home.

Wait 3 days or so--it'll double. And again. And again. Etc.

3/11: 38 U.S. deaths.
3/14: 57 U.S. deaths.
3/17: 109 U.S. deaths.
3/20: 256 U.S. deaths.
3/23: 553 U.S. deaths.

Source:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
This is 10 times deadlier than the flu. Many hospitals around the world are deciding not to treat people who are above a certain age or have certain underlying health factors. I'd rather avoid that if possible.
You do know the flu kills on average 0.1% so 10X worse =1%.

Everyone talking about chloroquine being a potential cure needs to temper it. Seriously.
It isn’t helping those that truly need it for approved uses. And it’s only making dumbsacks dumber by self medicating.

Has there been evidence of chloroquine working in the clinical setting to help patients recover? Yes, but so has not prescribing it. Even praying has helped anecdotally.

Until there is a complete formal study using randomized participants, we can’t say for sure whether it is a treatment. And as mentioned many times, all the observations of chloroquine use has been done in inpatients who are constantly monitored. You don’t just take this medicine at home for COVID-19.

And just because you hear of a doctor here and there hoarding it doesn’t mean they’re the brightest bulb. Not all doctors are beautiful and wonderful people. Rand Paul is a doctor and he still went about his activities before receiving positive COVID-19 test results.
My hospital is using Hydroxychloroquin/Zithromax Now to treat.

I think we just need to slow down and give the authorities and experts time to strategize. This isn't like a normal battle, not that I know anything about one, but it seems the strategists aren't in a room somewhere safe, they are trying to both think and participate at the same time. They are physicians and nurses and other staff who took oaths to advocate for humanity and that's what most are trying to do - certainly those showing up and risking their lives day in and day out. I have a friend who is an Xray tech, she''s always been an amazing role model through a crazy divorce and such and now, again she is proving herself to be amazing again. These people are knee deep in trouble and the best the rest of us can do for all of our sakes is sit still and get out of the way. Stay home, practice social distancing even in our homes and stay healthy so we don't contribute to the mess.

I truly believe the antiviral R & D that went on after HIV and has been in research for cancer treatments hold what we need, we just need to buy time, fine tune the action plan & to ramp up production. We just need to sit still for a bit

Unfortunately you’re going up against this.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...0abn6nN6RwXqRSZqWgm_LujaYjCHDav-1xZaLzr08PI2MAn insurer/healthcare provider is rationing meds and thanking their patients for their sacrifice.
This is very upsetting and scary for family involved. However, those of you who don't think US private insurance and government universal healthcare systems worldwide don’t already ration or outright deny medication are lucky to not have yourself or anyone you love with a life threatening illness.

Holy cow y'all my area is getting 50,000 test kits! We've been running with a shortage which is causing lack of availability in testing reducing to just testing hospitalizations or relying on few drive thrus that have just been opening up.

It was a task force created by local business leaders who are partnering up with one of the main health systems. One of the task force members notified of test kits sitting in a warehouse in CA. They paid over a $1million for them.

Apologize for my involuntary 30 day hiatus from this thread. It was a good thread too.

Here we are 30 days later, and still locked down. How's that flattening going?

Apparently Illinois flattened so well we moved our peak out until early May with less deaths expected.

Well, wonderful. Hopefully the response was commensurate with the actual death rate of the disease. I'm sure the numerous antibody studies will bear that out. Time will tell...

Apologize for my involuntary 30 day hiatus from this thread. It was a good thread too.

There was a bump in cases from our election and a HUGE glut of cases from a meat packing plant in Green Bay. Nearly a quarter of all new cases on Wednesday in the entire state came from that single plant. Unfortunately, I think that shows what happens when so many people are working in close proximity.

There was a bump in cases from our election and a HUGE glut of cases from a meat packing plant in Green Bay. Nearly a quarter of all new cases on Wednesday in the entire state came from that single plant. Unfortunately, I think that shows what happens when so many people are working in close proximity.
You also have to take into account who works there, Easter and their traditional lack of social distancing in the Hispanic culture.

So we should have shut everything down 2 weeks ago? What is the level where it is overwhelming the system? I have read reports that 7% of coronavirus cases require hospitalization. With the current 33,000 positive cases that would mean 2,310 hospitalizations. Is that enough to overwhelm the hospitals?
Bringing this back up to report that 5 weeks later, we now have over 890,000 confirmed cases.

Well given the histogram of new cases per day, if you scroll Bloomberg's map of the U.S. down, and given that we've pretty much hit a plateau of about 25k-35k new cases a day for awhile instead of a huge spike, It looks like it's going as intended so far. Many hospitals were pushed right to the edge. Some were pushed beyond it, But more certainly could have been had we not flattened it. And as we know, when hospitals are overwhelmed, the case fatality rate increases dramatically.

Where we've failed is the help. It has been inadequate. And we have the means to do more and should have. That $1200 should have been $5,000 for starters.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!