If time and transportation were sports we'd never make the playoffs; 2018 spr. break TR *new TR!*

Oh no! I'm so sorry about his knee :(. My niece played sports her entire life (softball from age 5). Their plan was to try for a sports scholarship for college. But in sophomore year she got a terrible case of mono. It took a serious toll on her sports career. She graduated last week with no scholarship :(.

Anyway, I only say all that to say I can totally see how devastating this is for you guys.

I LOVE that purse. And I want to eat at hob someday. It sounds so yummy!

Once again, thank you all for your concern and heartwarming comments about Ricky, they truly mean a lot to me and I so appreciate being able to come here and vent to the "friends", old and new, that I've made here over the years :love:

Sometimes Josh gets things with transportation wrong or tells me something is over somewhere I know it's not. It's always frustrating when he doesn't believe me at first, but it is satisfying to hear how I'm always right when it comes to Disney after we do things my way and they work out :rotfl:
I LOVE when I'm right about Disney transportation which is pretty much always :laughing: I do hate having to waste time proving my point occasionally, but it has to be done to really drive the point home lol

BTW last time we left DS we also ended up waiting forever for a bus it totally made us wish we called an Uber or something too.
DS, and back when it was DTD, buses have always been horrible for whatever reason and I just don't understand!

I will be sending positive wishes your way!
Thank you Caroline :hug:

Sad we won’t get to meet in August, we have come close twice now, oh well one of these days!
I know, I've missed so many people by this much a couple times. We'll manage one day, especially since you're pretty much beating me these days as far as how often you go lol

We loved being there at Thanksgiving this past one so happy you all get to go then.
We've truly loved both our Thanksgiving trips and honestly, Steve and I missed being there last year. I know as it gets closer I'll be really looking forward to it. Part of me is happy we get to be there this year but I'm not as happy as I'd normally be under different circumstances. It'll come, and I know we'll have a great time again :)

Love, love the shirt you got. I didn’t see it in April. I love my HM tank from there, you have the same one. I wear it to work and no one looks at it close enough to see the grave yard scenes, which is good since I am visiting patients who are really old, lol!
I saw it in March and wished I'd gotten it but they didn't have my size! I love it too, even the cool design on the back.

Love the Dooney purse, from reading your reports, you have a nice collection of Disney DB’s.
LOL I have to admit I do. This makes 7 now and I need another crossbody one :D They are really great conversation starters for my business when I'm out and about; I've handed out many business cards due to people commenting on my Disney Dooney's and gotten a couple clients that way!

I’ve been catching up on your latest report and just wanted to say I’m so so sorry about Ricky’s injury.
Thank you so much Kelley I appreciate it, and it's nice to see you here.

I’m sorry about your August trip, but I’m looking forward to reading about another Thanksgiving trip. I love seeing the holiday decorations vicariously through y'all’s experiences. Great report so far!
I'm glad we get to go again for Thanksgiving and I'm sure my excitement will build as we get closer and once Ricky's surgery is over and he's on the road to recovery. I do love that everything is decorated then! And your trip is coming up soon, exciting!!!!!

At least he gets to have drivers ed and will be able to drive as scheduled. He has really handled it well.
He has handled it MUCH better than expected, much better than I think lots of kids his age would, and honestly much better than I am handling it. A few of his friends are doing Driver's Ed with him also which is good.

We always lose the bus stop at DS, too. That place is confusing
It is!

Hello! I am really enjoying your trip report. I read it all from start to here this morning! :goodvibes
Hello and :welcome: Very happy to have you here and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I'm currently in Disney-obsessed mode since our first trip in 2 years is coming up in July, so I've been all over these boards lately.
Nice! There will be so much there for you to see that wasn't there last time, like Pandora and Toy Story Land! I hope you have an awesome time!!!!

I hope you were able to have a fun Memorial Day BBQ. It's cloudy here in NC as well.
We did, it was nice having everyone here. We haven't seen my sister and her boys since Thanksgiving and my SIL from New Hampshire was down as well. We had to stay inside but it was still a good day! Of course Saturday and Monday were perfect lol

DH and I are going at Thanksgiving this year (adults only again--much to the dismay of my son). We've never been at that time of year. Trying to fit in the Christmas party and a candlelight processional.
Oh maybe we can say hi! Nice that you're getting another adults only trip :thumbsup2 Where are you staying and what are your dates? I was thinking of doing the Christmas party on the Sunday after Thanksgiving if we do stay until Monday. We've done the CP a couple times, the kids don't enjoy it but if the narrator is good while we're there then Steve and I may do it and the boys can do whatever!

I love that WL sweatshirt jacket and I think I may just look to purchase myself!
Isn't it cute?? I hope they still have it when you go!

Beautiful purse. I still have not used either of my other two D&Bs. Crazy right? I want to switch to my DVC one for our trip and then my 45th for our Fall trip.
Nope not crazy at all! Not sure why it takes me awhile to open new ones, maybe because I like the way they smell and I don't want it to go away lol.

Men! Buses! Ugh!
:sad2: :faint:

Just found your trip report and I'm getting ready to binge read it..... Loving it so far!
Thank you, and :welcome: I hope you enjoy the rest :goodvibes

It's so hard being a teenage boy.
Oh, so hard :snooty: As Chris would gladly tell you his life is so terrible, he has to do things he DOES NOT WANT TO DO and it sucks. Yes my love, it does suck, and it won't end anytime soon! But the days of getting back in bed at 3:30 will :laughing:

There was a girl that I played ball with for several years that had a season ending injury in the 9th grade, ACL in 11th and retore it again our senior year. She was with us every step of the way all of the seasons. She learned a lot more about the game on the sidelines sitting with the coaches and is now coaching for the school. I know it is heart breaking but I hope he sticks with his team as much as he loves basketball because you never know where it will lead!
I meant to text you after this happened but it took me awhile to tell people; I was doing it slowly in drips and drabs because I got upset every time I told someone else. But I'm going to tell him this story, he says with absolutely no doubt in his voice that he's going to play his senior year. It's a long shot; I don't tell him that and if it helps him get through this I want him to believe that :)

:sad: I am starting to think any chance of you going to the Halloween Party is cursed from the get go. Bright side=better weather than August! Where are y'all going to stay???
Right? I should just not say out loud or in writing that I'm going to the party, then sneak down there and buy tickets day of!

.I'll be there Thanksgiving week! :) Maybe we can finally meet up!
Yes! I have to get back over to your report and get your exact dates. I have some dining done but not all of it and a very loose park plan, so eventually we'll see where we overlap.

The money spent this time around on our rental I'm sure will be well worth it to us, since we'll be able to land at the airport and get right into the rental and drive and on the return we can leave for the airport on our own time.
When we first started staying on property years ago, Steve was hesitant to NOT rent a car. He didn't like the idea of not being able to go when he wanted to go. Now, as much as he hates the buses sometimes, I think he'd rather use Minnie Vans and taxis than rent a car. I could be wrong though!

We as parents want so much for our kids to be happy, and when you see something breaking their hearts, it is excruiating to watch.
It's the worst feeling in the world when you can't do anything to fix it. I'd give both my legs for this not to be happening.

And enjoying your report!
Thank you, I hope you enjoy the rest :goodvibes

Please keep us posted on his upcoming surgery and recovery.
I definitely will, thank you!

Maybe it will force him to find a new hobby or activity. I'm glad he is taking it well. At that age, it can be difficult to understand.
He is taking it much better than I expected him to; he's a strong kid. Stronger than he should have to be at 16 but I can only hope that serves him well in the future.

This is one of two original dresses they haven't retired yet along with the green Tiki Bird dress. I loved that one but this style fit me a bit better. Might wear this to my DIL's baby shower because I really don't care what people think; we'll see!
I love it! I really like the Tiki dress too but just can't commit... Who cares what people at the shower think, they're the crazy ones if they don't like Disney :crazy:

And then we got on the bus and got to the airport where we met Eric and Victoria, and I couldn't watch them say good-bye because I'd start crying. Until he walked over and announced her parents want him to move in and that's what he wants to do. And I promptly answered with "Whoa, WHOA! Slow down there!" We haven't heard anything else on the matter since then, and I know he's 27, but I don't like it!!!
Whoa! I'm glad they hit it off and they looked super cute together. But that's an unexpected twist!

We eventually made it to Epcot and the rest of my travel party booked it to the "guests with no bags" line while I and 250,000 of my closest friends went to the "guests with bags" lines. I had never ever seen the lines for security this bad! They were about 4x longer than any lines we've seen during Thanksgiving, it was truly ridiculous.
We had this weirdly crazy day at Disneyland last month, where I waited in security for over an hour! I was about ready to pitch my bag in the trash can...

img_8308-jpg.323022
This topiary may be a major reason for why I want to go to F&G

He sees a CM standing there and asked her "which way to the buses?" and she points (with two fingers of course) past HOB, down a walkway past the Cirque building, and we do see a few people going that way. We see people going that way because that's where all the paid transportation goes, and the shuttles to non-Disney resorts :furious: Now I mamy not have known that but I did know this wasn't the way to the DISNEY buses, and Steve finally acknowledged that.
Why the heck are those buses over there anyways? We had some confusion on our wedding day over that with my grandpa, because he was at a DS hotel.

I'm so sorry about Ricky's injury! I can only imagine what it would be like to be in that situation, and in yours. All you want is for your kids to do everything they dream of.... :sad1:

That truly stinks about the knee and his retirement from ball. :( Teens take things in less of a long-term view and I know this must be absolutely crushing to him. Good luck on his surgery and I'm sure hoping he's 100% for the Thanksgiving trip. It's a going to be a long road to full recovery for sure!

I meant to text you after this happened but it took me awhile to tell people; I was doing it slowly in drips and drabs because I got upset every time I told someone else. But I'm going to tell him this story, he says with absolutely no doubt in his voice that he's going to play his senior year. It's a long shot; I don't tell him that and if it helps him get through this I want him to believe that :)

I completely understand, I’m sure it must be extremely hard to watch your baby go through something and not be able to fix it instantly. Even though I don’t have babies myself yet I can only imagine how hard it’s been on you too! :hug:
And if everything goes good and he works hard after he’s cleared Senior Year May not be out of the question! If that’s what his mind is set on than he can do it!

Sorry to hear about Ricky's injury. It must be hard for him to have to give up something he enjoys. Hopefully he can find something else to fill the void. It sounds like he has a positive attitude about it. As much as you can have, anyway.
Thank you, I'm hoping he does find something else. He insists he'll play his senior year......whatever is going to get him through. And yes he has an extremely positive attitude which amazes me. Sometimes I wonder if that's truly how he's feeling, but then Steve tells me I worry too much :rolleyes:

Like Kari, I'm selfishly disappointed you won't be there in August. I was hoping we could meet up.
I am too, I was looking forward to finally meeting you! You'll just have to plan another trip around me :laughing: Keep a watch on my tickers!

House of Blues. Man, that's another one I was thinking to try! Just too many good options.
That's a huge problem for all of us, too many interesting places to eat. I just wrote over on my dining report that whether I go for 3 days or 8 days, I always have trouble narrowing down where to eat.

Transportation fail? Ariane, hold my beer.
:drinking1
So there, that's my transportation fail. I think about it every time I leave MK and take that short walk left to the buses...
:rotfl: Um yeah, I would have been giving you the same look I gave Steve! Shame on you, I don't know how you messed that up! I wouldn't ever let you forget that, either..............

Oh no so sorry to hear this. I know how much basketball means to him.
Thanks Su-Lynn :hug:

Aww sorry you had to cancel, but sounds like great plans for Thanksgiving!
I am glad we get to go Thanksgiving, although I still rather be going in August and have Ricky be playing basketball in Nov. But I'm sure as Nov. gets closer I'll get more excited :)

Gorgeous! Reminds of the princess bag I picked up when I ran the Princess 5k.
I love all the Princess bags! I have the one from 2015, also

I LOVE that purse.
:thanks: Still have to break it out of the plastic!

I love it! I really like the Tiki dress too but just can't commit... Who cares what people at the shower think, they're the crazy ones if they don't like Disney :crazy:
I did put the dress on for my mom and sister last weekend. I expected my sister to laugh her butt off but she complimented me, so I feel a bit better about wearing it to the shower!

Whoa! I'm glad they hit it off and they looked super cute together. But that's an unexpected twist!
You should see the crap he posts on instagram :rolleyes: She's actually coming up next Friday for a quick weekend to meet the rest of the family. Ricky and Chris are excited to meet her. I have to admit I'm not thrilled. I hit it right off with my DIL, not so much with Victoria. Not sure why..............we'll see how it goes next weekend!

Why the heck are those buses over there anyways? We had some confusion on our wedding day over that with my grandpa, because he was at a DS hotel.
IDK, it's stupid! So confusing, I wasn't even sure right away where the heck they were going!

Good luck on his surgery and I'm sure hoping he's 100% for the Thanksgiving trip.
Thank you :) He'll be about 4 months post-surgery when we go in Nov. and he was about the same when we went in March. His knee did get sore/tired so he had to rest more than usual, so I'll factor that into our trip. I told him we can rent him a scooter but as of now he said that's a big no....................

And if everything goes good and he works hard after he’s cleared Senior Year May not be out of the question! If that’s what his mind is set on than he can do it!
:):) thank you :hug:

I just caught up & read Ricky’s update. That’s heartbreaking for all of you. I’m so sorry. I hope his surgery goes well in July. I’ll keep you all in my thoughts.

DAY 4 PART 1
BOWLING FOR TIME AND TRANSPORTATION FAILS (and maybe a win!)
We slept in a little bit this morning and had breakfast plans right at our resort. We were trying Whispering Canyon Cafe where we'd eaten lunch and dinner but never breakfast and luckily this was before they were toning down the antics :rolleyes: which I think is ridiculous......... our reservation was for 8:45 with a plan to go back to DS afterwards for some family fun at Splitsville! I'll review WCC over in my dining report but let me say we had an awesome server and good food even though service was s-l-o-w. We didn't hold it against our server because she made our meal so fun including bringing me a freakin' gallon of diet coke since you're not supposed to drink soda for breakfast:

wcc.jpg

Hi Wendy/Hickory! Excuse my bangs, they did not cooperate this trip.
Steve and I were a little thrown off by the finger placement? I know they can't point with one finger. Moving on......................

We were there about 30 minutes longer than we expected so got to the bus stop later than we expected. I though we'd be to the bus stop by about 9:45 since non character breakfasts are usually quick but it was after 10 when we left. And then there was the whole "where the #@LL is the DS bus" question because this morning was a #timefail followed by #transportationfail4. We arrived to the bus stop 10:16 and the sign said the bus was coming at 10:19. Perfect! Except that 10:19 actually meant 10:58. Luckily it wasn't like we had reservations at Splitsville or anything so time wasn't of the essence, but between breakfast going longer than we thought and then waiting around for a bus, it wasn't our most stellar morning. Those waiting to go to Epcot had it worse; there had to be about 50 guests waiting. Some had been waiting 30 minutes when we walked up and their bus only came 5 minutes before ours. What the heck was up with WL in March???? Steve gets SO aggravated waiting for buses it's like steam starts coming out of his ears :furious:

But we did make it:

IMG_8353.JPG

We headed directly to Splitsville for our 2nd visit and were putting our bowling shoes on by 11:15. We came last August and enjoyed it more than I thought we would. I absolutely love the 50's vibe in there like the posters on the walls:

IMG_8357.JPG

IMG_8359.JPG

I also like the murals:

IMG_8355.JPG

This time we were upstairs as opposed to downstairs and there are tons of lanes up there. There was a big closed off area of tables with "reserved" cards on them and ropes keeping others out. It was fairly empty when we got there but started filling up quickly.

Ricky started off great:

IMG_8354.JPG

Much to Chris's dismay of course but he ended up pulling out the win. We were able to play almost 3 games in the 90 minutes they give you - Chris won the first, Ricky the second and Chris the third. I was a distant fourth always because I can't bowl to save my life, but I try my best!
The booths to the right of Chris were the ones roped off:

IMG_8356.JPG

Steve doesn't particularly like spending our time on things we can do at home when in Disney, and I partially feel that way also. However, I've learned that if the kids want to do something outside of the parks and we let them, it usually makes for a more pleasant trip. This was the case years ago when we tried DisneyQuest (I despised spending hours on video games when I could be in a park!) and when we've played mini golf, and now both times we've been to Splitsville. I wouldn't do it on a short trip but when we're there a week I don't mind and the kids like having a break from the parks. I much rather take a break doing something like this than have them just sitting in the room on their electronics.

We finished up just before 1:00. Next on the agenda was some late afternoon time at AK with our first FP at 3:45 and I hadn't planned on getting there until at least 3. I'll be honest here, I didn't plan out this trip well and the boys let me know that's how the felt a couple times. They told me I spent too much time planning my clients' trips and not enough time focusing on OUR trip and I felt pretty guilty, so for our next trip I'm going to make it a point to really plan better. However I also didn't realize how utterly non-existent FP availability would be before like, 9pm at night each day and figured if we arrived at a park earlier or later than planned we'd find something to do. Silly me!

We decided to head to AK anyway by way of a resort bus. Since OKW and SSR are the closest resorts to DS we chose whichever bus came first which was OKW. It would have been nice to walk to SSR since the day was gorgeous but with Ricky's knee having acted up the day before we didn't want to put extra miles on him. I also would have liked to walk around OKW a bit since we hadn't been there since 2010 but again, extra miles for Ricky. So we hopped on that bus directly onto an AK bus with no wait, proving that even those with bad luck can occasionally have a #transportationwin.

AK was cray-cray busy and there was absolutely no hope of getting on any attraction with a reasonable wait and no FP's available except ITTBAB which nobody wanted to do. Where to go, where to go............... Ah!

IMG_8362.JPG

My Mo'ara Margarita, ever so soothing on a crazy busy park day. I felt better immediately and therefore was not concerned with how anyone else felt. But what everyone else felt was a strong desire to do the safari which we did not have a FP for, and for some reason the wait suddenly plummeted to 15 minutes, so we hightailed it out of Pandora the back way to try and get to Africa before everyone else checked the app. On our way I took one of my favorite pictures of the trip:

IMG_8363.JPG

Such a cool picture of this entrance to Harambe coming from Pandora. Unfortunately by the time we got to the safari the wait was up to 45 so I think that 15 on the app was a mistake and 45 is longer than we'll wait (don't bring up that 70 minute wait I did with Ricky for the nighttime safari, I rather forget that)

Since we were in the area with plenty of time before our first FP we opted to do something we hadn't done for years. I've mentioned it before as somewhere I'd like to get to again; can you figure it out?

I just caught up & read Ricky’s update. That’s heartbreaking for all of you. I’m so sorry. I hope his surgery goes well in July. I’ll keep you all in my thoughts.

Thank you :hug: This means a lot to us!

And then there was the whole "where the #@LL is the DS bus" question because this morning was a #timefail followed by #transportationfail4. We arrived to the bus stop 10:16 and the sign said the bus was coming at 10:19. Perfect! Except that 10:19 actually meant 10:58. Luckily it wasn't like we had reservations at Splitsville or anything so time wasn't of the essence, but between breakfast going longer than we thought and then waiting around for a bus, it wasn't our most stellar morning. Those waiting to go to Epcot had it worse; there had to be about 50 guests waiting. Some had been waiting 30 minutes when we walked up and their bus only came 5 minutes before ours. What the heck was up with WL in March???? Steve gets SO aggravated waiting for buses it's like steam starts coming out of his ears :furious:
When Ricky gets his license, he can get a rental car and chauffeur everyone around so the 21+ folks can keep imbibing :drinking1 without waiting for buses!
(Of course, the extra fees for renters under 25 are ... exorbitant.)

My Mo'ara Margarita, ever so soothing on a crazy busy park day. I felt better immediately and therefore was not concerned with how anyone else felt.

:laughing: this is the first step to turning a day around! also that marg looks perfect for a hot day; have to keep that in mind for next time.

wcc-jpg.327062

Hi Wendy/Hickory! Excuse my bangs, they did not cooperate this trip.
Steve and I were a little thrown off by the finger placement? I know they can't point with one finger. Moving on......................
The fingers were literally the first thing I noticed in this picture. I am sure they didn't realize exactly what they were pointing at... For a moment, I was trying to figure out if it made the words on your shirt different..

AK was cray-cray busy and there was absolutely no hope of getting on any attraction with a reasonable wait and no FP's available except ITTBAB which nobody wanted to do. Where to go, where to go............... Ah!
I feel like as these parks get busier and busier, it is becoming apparent how few rides some of these parks have! And in turn only so many fast passes to give out. I love Animal Kingdom, but the # rides are kind of low...

YUM!!!!!!

Ugh! The buses can be trying. I find the DS buses are the worst, coming and going!

Love your AK Harambe picture!

I am guessing you check out Rafiki planet watch, maybe??

upload_2018-6-4_20-56-43.jpeg

Great picture of you minus the fingers :rotfl:

Beautiful picture of Harambe
I think our March week was impossible between Spring Break and Easter week :crowded:

What the heck was up with WL in March???? Steve gets SO aggravated waiting for buses it's like steam starts coming out of his ears :furious:
We had pretty bad bus transportation at WL in November. Especially Epcot! Luckily Corey had a car or we took an Uber.

On our way I took one of my favorite pictures of the trip:
I took the same picture in April. I love it so much I am going to get it printed in Black and White to frame.

Trying to figure out what y’all ended up doing in AK. :upsidedow

Happy for your transportation win at least! Did I mention how I love having a rental car? ;)

Splitsville is my list of things to try for a longer trip in the future also. Unfortunately I think for our July trip, we may try to focus on more waterpark time since those will be FREE to us this time around with our passes. We have done miniature golf, several tours, boating and fishing as well. I enjoy the non-park stuff too sometimes.

I'm guessing you are heading to a show this time perhaps? Can't wait to read more! :)

I'm all caught up! At least on one TR now :laughing:

Oh, Ariane, I'm so incredibly sorry to hear about Ricky - I can't imagine how you all must be feeling but I'm relieved to hear he's taking it better than expected. Know that I'm sending you all plenty of these :hug::hug::hug:

Oooh, excited to see where you end up at AK :thumbsup2

:laughing:
This means another painful surgery, another long recovery, and worst of all no more school ball. Being out two years, no chance they'll take him as a senior. I cannot, cannot tell you how heartbreaking this is, to see him have to deal with this. What pushed him to move forward and work hard at recovery isn't there now. I know it isn't the end of the world and could be worse, and he does too. But to a teenager whose dreams are now crushed that doesn't matter, and honestly it doesn't matter to his mom, either.

Oh no! Ariane, I'm so sorry to hear this! How heartbreaking for Ricky. :sad1: It's good that he's able to keep it in perspective, but this is still such a huge loss of something he loves.

The vacation we will not be able to take sadly is our August Disney trip, which sucks because I was going to be able to meet up with a few of my DIS friends. We just can't do his surgery after that and still have him feeling good enough by the time school starts. On a brighter note, we've rescheduled for Thanksgiving again. We do love going for the holiday and this will also mean we'll be away when basketball season starts at school.

Also sorry to hear about this! I would have loved to get the chance to see you guys again this summer, and I know you had some fun Dismeets and other things in the works. But I'm glad to hear you're able to go back for one of your favourite times for Disney-touring!

img_8954-jpg.325104

Love it!! Still haven't used it, in fact I just took the picture today and as you see the tags are still on.

Soo pretty! I wasn't going to buy myself any more for a while...but as I'll share when I get to our recent May trip...I may have felt an insurmountable urge to buy myself the new Pixar-themed wallet. Oops. :confused3

Except Steve and I disagreed somewhat on where exactly the buses were.......:sad2: I said they were where they are, which was NOT by House of Blues. Steve on the other hand believed them to be right over there by HOB and in that direction we went after a bit of light, gentle arguing :headache: I let him and Ricky walk ahead of me because whomever got there first was going to have a little farther to walk when we turned around to go the CORRECT way..........so we get over there to the wrong end and Steve starts questioning himself and looking at me; I shrug my shoulders back at him.

Ooooohh man! Another one of Steve's brilliant transportation-related decisions! :headache:

Folks, I was very kind here in my description of how this played out, the facial expressions that we shot at each other and the words that were exchanged were not all G-rated! Anyway, I count this as both a #timeandtransportationfail.

I soo feel this. Nathan and I have gotten into our share of spats over things like this on our trips...and I usually do my best to make the TR version as family-friendly as possible.

We told Chris no, we would not bring him food back to the room, so he somehow managed to climb out of bed and join us by the water for a lovely dinner.

Haha oh poor Chris. How does he manage? :laughing:

We were trying Whispering Canyon Cafe where we'd eaten lunch and dinner but never breakfast and luckily this was before they were toning down the antics :rolleyes: which I think is ridiculous......

I agree. I'd heard they were toning it down, but that's half the reason most people eat there! And they always have had that back section if you don't want to participate. It's just silly.

:rotfl:

img_8363-jpg.327084

Such a cool picture of this entrance to Harambe coming from Pandora.

Oooh pretty! This came out beautifully!

this is the first step to turning a day around! also that marg looks perfect for a hot day; have to keep that in mind for next time.
Mine and Steve's quick May trip was the first and only time we've been since Pandora opened that I did NOT get that margarita, and when I realized it I was very, very sad :sad:

The fingers were literally the first thing I noticed in this picture.
:laughing: After Steve took the picture I'm like, "let me see!! What???"
I need to message you about Saturday :goodvibes

I feel like as these parks get busier and busier, it is becoming apparent how few rides some of these parks have! And in turn only so many fast passes to give out.
Yup. I also feel like TSL opening won't make HS any better, it'll make waits for the other rides worse because crowds will be bigger.

Love your AK Harambe picture!
:thanks: Steve is a much better picture taker than I am but I did good here!

I am guessing you check out Rafiki planet watch, maybe??
A few of you have guessed, only one is correct so far.......................

Great picture of you minus the fingers :rotfl:
lol thanks

I think our March week was impossible between Spring Break and Easter week :crowded:
We certainly aren't jumping to do spring break again :sad2: Thanksgiving on the other hand we won't ever hesitate to do!

I took the same picture in April. I love it so much I am going to get it printed in Black and White to frame.
I think I remember seeing your shot like that! Such a pretty angle :love:

Trying to figure out what y’all ended up doing in AK. :upsidedow
:D

That is nice that they give you a time limit instead of per game. The bowling alleys here charge by the game and you don't get a chance to practice for free.
We have a chain of bowling alleys here and they do it both ways. You can pay to bowl as many games as possible in an hour; this can work nicely if you have like, 2 teens or adults who can get 3ish games in. However with young kids you're lucky to finish one! Or you pay by the game which can add up, plus shoes. However in the summer they have a "kids bowl free" for children aged 3-14 and if you sign up, each child can bowl 2 games every day from mid-June through Labor Day, you just pay $3 for shoes. Ricky is too old now but I did sign Chris up again this year and his friends' moms have also. Last year he really wasn't interested and we only went twice but who cares, it's free! Us moms figure whether they go 30 times or 1 it's worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!