If time and transportation were sports we'd never make the playoffs; 2018 spr. break TR *new TR!*

A Town Without Pity
Or,
A Family Without A Park
You know how you sometimes run out of cool chapter titles! Well, I go back and forth between cool titles and boring ones, and here we have a :confused3 one that probably anyone under like, 65 won't get. Unless you've seen "Look Who's Talking" and remember Kirstie Alley singing the song??
Anyway, I was in the process of reliving our last park day, and showing you our really fun and productive morning at MK EMH and then AK, where a really cool bus driver waited for Steve and Ricky so we were only 20 minutes late for our lunch at Grand Floridian. I still haven't done that dining review but I want to share a cute picture from the meal:

View attachment 347199

My cappuccino! I haven't gotten this cute little touch anywhere else, and since I don't drink coffee I've ordered cappuccino at a number of restaurants on property.
So one other thing about GFC, service took a looooooooong time. It was 1:30 when we were seated and we weren't finished until 3:40. Sitting so long made us tired since we'd been up early. On top of that we'd been trying to get a decent FP ANYWHERE while at lunch and couldn't, so we just went back to the resort after eating to figure out what we wanted to do next.
Well, what we did next was.......................nothing. Nada, on our last afternoon. We kept checking for a FP, kept checking wait times, and we had 1. no luck and 2. they were ridiculous. We couldn't even get anything good for like, 10 or 11 at night at this point, so we spend the late afternoon packing and chilling. We had earlier made a 6:45 dinner reservation at Trattoria Al Forno but we were so full from our late-ish lunch that we didn't go, and just ate at Geyser Point again.
So our last night was kind of a bust. It made me sad on the one hand because usually our whole last day is awesome. We'd had a great morning and (spoiler alert) a really good lunch, but the remainder of the day was sort of a let down and I sort of let it show...................but looking back as I did the next day lol, it was good. Ricky's leg got a rest. Chris was in his bed, a.k.a. his "happy place". And Steve didn't have to get aggravated at Chris.
Needless to say I have no ride, character, or park pictures to share here, but I do have some from after our dinner! The kids as usual went back to the room but Steve and I walked over by the cabins since we hadn't done that before.
We found these in the walkway:

View attachment 347200

View attachment 347201

And this area about half way down the row of cabins:

View attachment 347202

View attachment 347203

It reminds me of the area over by BRV, near the basketball court. I had no idea there were two grill areas but it makes sense to have them by the cabins! It looked like quite a few cabins were occupied and since some had lights on and shades up, we could see in. I wanted to take pictures through some windows but Steve rightly talked me out of that........it's pretty back there, but I felt it was too secluded for my tastes.
We took a walk back over to the dock to watch HEA one more time:

View attachment 347218

View attachment 347217

Before going back inside. I'm getting sad just remembering the end of our last night! Oh but wait, I did this before going up to our room:

View attachment 347254

so that made me a little happier!
Otherwise it was a boring, normal, pack up and try to go to sleep without crying last Disney night. Our flight wasn't crazy early but early enough that we didn't have time for a TS breakfast or anything fun the next morning, but I'll be back for a wrap up sooner rather than later so I can reach my goal of finishing at least one of my March reports before our Sept. trip!
But since I have some more room for pictures.....

Our granddaughter Hayden, already 2 months :love:

View attachment 347253

2 months AND, know how to hold her head up while giving the finger:

View attachment 347213

Takes after her Grandma!

Your granddaughter is precious! ♡

Thanks, once again, for taking us along on your trip! Lovely and serene last morning photos of a beautiful resort :love:

Am sorry to see that your current trip is/was coming to a close as well. But! That means a new report and I'm looking forward to tagging along!!!

Love the halloween shirts, Etsy can be hit/miss on sizes for sure.

Like the GFC too, but we also had really s-l-o-w service.

I know so many had crowded Spring break trips-I swear I must have hit a weird lull or something-we walked into DHS one night around 7ish and the streets were empty! We were there 4 days (3/19-3/22) and while it was definitely busier on last day the first couple days were great.

Great report!

:wave2: Ariane just finished your TR had it book marked forever. So sorry it took so long as I really feel like I missed out on so many real life events. So sorry to hear about Ricky's 2'nd injury. So happy he seems to be taking it OK. I missed the pre-arrival announcement of the new grandaughter and was so surprised when I saw your first pictures of her on FB. She is darling even if she's already starting to talk like a trucker ( referring to the use of her middle finger). I've got to say it has been cool to watch the boys grow up in your TR's. Sounds like the trip wasn't all that it was suppose to be but sounds like you made some great alternative plans. Signing off with a jealous of that awesome GF upgrade you had, bet that kinda makes up for this trip. See ya

Hi all, Steve and I got home Monday night from our VERY magical and - spoiler alert for a few of you - GREATLY pixie dusted 4 night trip to the World :tinker: If we're FB friends then you already know what I'm talking about! Initially I was just going to do a dining report since we were planning to eat and drink great quantities at F&W, however given what transpired I now feel I need to do a TR :D And I'm anxious to get it started, so as soon as I do I'll post the link here! I hope you all follow along!

That’s great to hear since we’re staying there for the first time in July! Woohoo!
Awesome, I hope you love it as much as we did!

I really enjoyed finding this TR and saved myself from a crazy crowded Spring Break Trip. Phew!
lol I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I hate being the cause of someone not booking a trip when they wanted to go, but the week before Easter is just not a time I'd suggest unless it was the ONLY time you could make it.

Yikes…I was thinking it was about an hour but I just put it into maps and it's closer to two hours. I'd still do it!
Ooh yeah, that's a bit more of a drive. But if you're ever up for it, let me know!

Great trip report! Kind of a bummer about the bad Spring Break crowds. We go most every year for April vacation, and I never find the crowds too terrible. I think we've been lucky though, and I skipped the one year that our break fell in Easter week. That happens again in 2020, so I'll skip that year too.
While a good part of March and April can be busy due to spring break crowds, I think it's mainly the weeks before and after Easter that........suck :rolleyes: So skipping it again in 2020 is a smart move, especially with SWL opening the end of 2019 :scared1:

Have an AMAZING trip!!! :thumbsup2
Oh baby, we DID :thumbsup2

I SO understand why you wouldn't want to go back for another spring break. I don't think I could do it, just based on what I've heard. Even when we were there over President's Day that was bad enough, and it was nothing like that.
We did Pres. Day in 2014 and while I'm sure it's gotten more crowded the last few years it was nothing like this spring break was! I believe the weeks before and after Easter are really 2nd only to that week between Xmas and NYE.........

Thanks so much for sharing another trip with us. :lovestruc Can't wait to hear about the next one!
You are welcome, thank you so much for following along again :hug: I am most definitely doing a TR for our recent visit - I feel I MUST lol - and hope to start it soon.

Do you think they are cutting out the antics at WCC because of the people like me, who complained about the loudness in our room? If so I am sorry!
YES, it's ALL because of you!!! :P No. Well, I do think it may perhaps partially be that people complained the LOBBY was too loud; at least that's been some of the chatter. Other than that I think the powers that be are just wanting to switch around lots of stuff. However many recent reports are that antics have really only been toned down a tad which is nice to hear.

As a TA are those rooms now the only ones that are standard? I would try to stay here again but I would definitely pay more for a different room category!
Well you wouldn't always have a noisy lobby-facing room with a standard view and you could always request "away from lobby". I know the CL rooms wouldn't open to the lobby. And since CCV is on the other side the noise is generally less over there, so you could always try booking there to still experience the resort. I do hope at some point you'll give it another try because it's fabulous! But we all know the great thing about Disney is that there's a "perfect" resort for everyone :goodvibes

We have to travel this year 3/23-3/30 because of Andi’s spring break dates, not looking forward to the crowds. I think we will do a dessert party and maybe a few tours so we aren’t just fighting crowds all week!
I think you'll be ok! Since Easter is later in April March should be less crowded than last year. But doing tours and a dessert party are still good ideas lol.

It was great following along.
:thanks: I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I love that lion king bag! I think I need it!!!
I can't tell you how many compliments I got on it from CM's! Saw lots of other Loungefly backpacks down there but nobody else had this one :snooty: lol

Anyways! Have a great trip!!! Can't wait to read about it, assuming you'll do a TR?!
We had an AWESOME trip!! I was actually only going to do a dining report but............we had a tad bit of pixie dust sprinkled on us and now I'm definitely doing a TR. Hope to start it soon and hope you follow along!

Come back with lots of useful info for me regarding MNSSHP. I may even call you to get the scoop...:sunny:
Oh we didn't discuss MNSSHP today! Maybe we'll talk again before you go :goodvibes

Great finish..I love WL and only wish we had another stay planned for there as I think it's the one resort we have not visited enough. I was so hoping to book it for later this month for our one night, but it didn't happen.
WL is becoming harder and harder to book with it only being one side now, it fills up fast. I hope you get to stay again soon though.

We finally made it to Wilderness Lodge to walk around last weekend... :eek: WOW! We loved it! Might be my next hotel goal :)
Gorgeous, isn't it? Time to book your next trip since you know where you want to stay now :laughing:

I've enjoyed your TR, as always! Hope to see you soon!
Thank you, and it was great to finally meet you and Zach! I have to send you the pictures............I hope you guys are enjoying the rest of your trip!

These are so cute! Too bad they don't fit!
Luckily I got them to shrink enough that Steve could wear his to the party and I wore the tank! Just took like 4 tries lol but now they're very comfy and fit good so I may even order from the site again :goodvibes

I don't really love things around my neck either. I can wear cowl necks but not turtlenecks.
Funny I'm the same way: cowl necks yes, turtlenecks make me feel like I'm being strangled :rotfl2:

I have a skort like this, it's space themed! I met Star Wars characters with it!
Perfect!

But I hear ya on it being very crowded during spring break. We are tentatively scheduled for a weekend in mid March but very unsure of whether or not to keep those dates. I think it is right before the big spring break crowds but I feel nowadays there are many different spring break weeks so you just don't know
I think you'll be ok in March - it'll be crowded but not crazy since Easter is April. Even with varied college/school district breaks it still seems the weeks before and after Easter are the worst.

Aw, sorry your new shirts don't fit. Some brands are just sized weird. That's why I always try to convince those getting shirts from me measure one of the shirts they already have and love to compare to the size chart.
I tried, I really did lol! Do you have an Etsy site? Are you allowed to mention it here? I know TA rules but not Etsy rules.............

What a wonderful TR! Thanks for your time and effort in writing for us!
Aw thank you, I'm glad you followed along :hug:

Point taken.... but I still think you pull it off well!
And :thanks: again! However I did crop my legs out of pretty much every picture of me from our latest trip :laughing:

I enjoyed reading your report. Have fun on your trip!!
Thank you and we most certainly DID! Hope to have TR started soon :thumbsup2

Hi all, Steve and I got home Monday night from our VERY magical and - spoiler alert for a few of you - GREATLY pixie dusted 4 night trip to the World :tinker: If we're FB friends then you already know what I'm talking about! Initially I was just going to do a dining report since we were planning to eat and drink great quantities at F&W, however given what transpired I now feel I need to do a TR :D And I'm anxious to get it started, so as soon as I do I'll post the link here! I hope you all follow along!

Oh yes, you will!!!!!

The pictures of the Wilderness Lodge are so pretty. I really enjoyed your trip report, thanks so much for sharing. Have a great trip!!!

Yes! Can't wait for this trip report...it seems like a DREAM of a trip.
Funny I'm the same way: cowl necks yes, turtlenecks make me feel like I'm being strangled :rotfl2:

Exactly!!

I think you'll be ok in March - it'll be crowded but not crazy since Easter is April. Even with varied college/school district breaks it still seems the weeks before and after Easter are the worst.

Good to know! Touring Plans makes it seems that it's packed from mid march to end of April! But then the week we're there in May the crowds die down whew!

So skipping it again in 2020 is a smart move, especially with SWL opening the end of 2019 :scared1:

As much as this pains me, I think we are going to skip 2020 altogether and plan to go a few times in 2021. I will definitely be there on the actual 50th!

The suspense! Can't wait to read all about it!

Hi all, Steve and I got home Monday night from our VERY magical and - spoiler alert for a few of you - GREATLY pixie dusted 4 night trip to the World :tinker:

Even THAT is the understatement of the year! What you got wasn't Pixie Dust, it was a Pixie Mountain!

I now feel I need to do a TR :D And I'm anxious to get it started, so as soon as I do I'll post the link here! I hope you all follow along!

I can't wait to hear how it came about!

Great trip report. I can't wait to read the next one and see what all this pixie dusting is about.

Oooohhh, can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter