If you could one activity after 9pm?

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
So planning my disney dream 3-day cruise and DH and I are taking turns staying in the room with the kids after their 9pm bedtime (no option for them to stay up—they zonk out even on vacation). He gets two nights, I get one (totally fair—long story why). I have to deliver FE gifts but will probably still have a little time to do something, but I can’t decide what! Go to the bar for a cocktail (which one?), see some live entertainment (which one?), watch funnel vision on the deck, movie in the theater, or something else? Tell me your favorite onboard entertainment after the evening show, please! I looked at navigators but everything looked great to me!

Midship Detective Agency... but it's more fun if one of the kids can't sleep and wants to do it with you.

I also liked walking on Deck 4, both to settle supper and to enjoy the quiet and waves.

Is the Spa still open, anyone?

How old are your kids?

DH and I usually leave kids, ages 8 and 10, but we bring the wave phone with us just in case.

Or chill at the balcony with DH drinking wine and just watch the sea go by...

So planning my disney dream 3-day cruise and DH and I are taking turns staying in the room with the kids after their 9pm bedtime (no option for them to stay up—they zonk out even on vacation). He gets two nights, I get one (totally fair—long story why). I have to deliver FE gifts but will probably still have a little time to do something, but I can’t decide what! Go to the bar for a cocktail (which one?), see some live entertainment (which one?), watch funnel vision on the deck, movie in the theater, or something else? Tell me your favorite onboard entertainment after the evening show, please! I looked at navigators but everything looked great to me!

Unless there is a movie playing that you particularly want to see on that day on your cruise, I would choose something else. You can enjoy a cocktail and live entertainment at the same time. I find most of the adults offerings in the evening after 9 o'clock are a lot of fun. Often it's a game show, or a guest performer.

The piano bar is nice. Or go up to the bar between palo and remy, sit outside and have a drink. There is a lot to do I the adult section on level 3, entertainers and fun shows for adults.

Watch "Match Your Mate" (if it's being run) with the cocktail of the day in the adult area (although I think that's normally around 10:30pm, not 9:00pm).

Oh the possibilities!!

I'm a night owl so I'd probably do several of the things you mention. My favorites are enjoying a cocktail in the adult area - probably Skyline or Meridian - and sitting out on deck to watch a movie. On our last cruise, I took a nice walk on the upper decks and even caught a glimpse of a staff party on an outdoor deck above the miniature golf.

Thanks for the ideas everyone! My kids are 6 and 2 so leaving them with a wave phone is not an option. I like the idea of being out on the deck at night, but I also would like to check out the bars since I won't get much chance to do so in daytime. Maybe I will just have to stay out extra late to do both ;)

I would not qualify this as entertainment but here's what I love doing around that time: Sitting on a lounger chair on deck 4 and watch the ocean. So peaceful and quiet.

I’d do some browsing in the shops and go sit in the adult pool/hot tub for a while. I’d also go to cove cafe and get some treats for DH and I to share when I got back, on the verandah if we had one .

I’d do some browsing in the shops and go sit in the adult pool/hot tub for a while. I’d also go to cove cafe and get some treats for DH and I to share when I got back, on the verandah if we had one .

Yes, pick up some treats at Cove and enjoy them with wine on the veranda.......

I would not qualify this as entertainment but here's what I love doing around that time: Sitting on a lounger chair on deck 4 and watch the ocean. So peaceful and quiet.

.......or lounge chair on deck 4.

Have you checked out navigators for similar cruises? See what entertainment appeals and book that night for your adventures. I would check out the activities in the bars unless there was a new film I wanted to see

We go to the Tube and see a comedian or hypnotist (adult themed) or do the Karaoke themed games. This is good for an hour and then we walk around take pictures then by this time its midnight!

I also like the sit and look at the waves idea.

No matter what just being on vacation is enough for me! No matter what I do!

Joe

The Dream has a champagne bar which is really fun. I could sit there for hours drinking bubbles and listening to the live music.

I would probably attend one of the adult game shows.

I will say my kiddos who have always had strict bedtimes at home (and a son who did/still does put himself to bed) have always found a second wind and stayed up late on our cruises. They were 6 when we first cruised. Last cruise (they were 10) I had to give them a curfew and they were often parting hard shutting down the kids clubs st midnight. That said I’d hang out in the bars and check out the adult entertainment shows and games, most of it is very well done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter