• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you had a choice....

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
of staying a week in a suite at the Grand Californian and NOT having to wait in ANY lines at the park, vs. staying at a moderate hotel, but getting the chance to dine with Walt Disney's family members in his apartment, which would you chose and why? That would be a hard decision for me. Although I would love nothing more than to experience NOT having to wait in any lines, going in Walt's apartment is a piece of Disney history that very few people have gotten the chance to see, so I'd probably go with that. :goodvibes

Definitely going to Walt Disney's apartment and visiting with family members! I've never heard of ANYONE having an opportunity like this, so it would definitely be a once in a lifetime thing.

You can always stay at the GCH, and go at a quieter time to avoid the lines.

(Of course my DH, DS5 and DS2 might disagree. I guess it would depend on who was going with me.) ;)

Walt's apartment with family members for sure!

I agree that my DH and DS might disagree though. But completely agree that you could always stay at GCH at a slower time of a year. But getting to visit his family members AT his apartment? Too good to pass up!

Wow that is a tough one. I think I would dine with Walt's family too. What a wonderful experience that would be. :)

Ok, time to bash me because I wouldpick the suite and not waiting in lines. YES, I love DW as much as the next guy but just think how much moneys walts family members have, I dont have as much so for me that would be a dream in itself staying in a suite :cool1:

GailT said:
Ok, time to bash me because I wouldpick the suite and not waiting in lines. YES, I love DW as much as the next guy but just think how much moneys walts family members have, I dont have as much so for me that would be a dream in itself staying in a suite :cool1:

I'm right there with you Gail...I would love to see Walts apt. but he is the one who made the magic and he is no longer with us so I would definitely stay in the suite...hell i would stay in a moderate motel just to have no waits in lines lol :rotfl:

Over the years I have been to Disneyland many times during OFF peak periods, and gotten on almost all the rides with less than a 5 minute wait at one time or another(cept for new rides like Monster INC and Space mountain redo).

So obviously "THE" apartment would be my choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter