IF YOU HAVE A RESERVATION THAT MAY BE CANCELED CONSIDER THIS

Yes, it should work that way. The only thing is that DVC can change the rule to return borrowed points at any time,

I assume as long as no opening date is announced, it will continue. But, they did it a few days, took it away, and then changed their minds again,

So, if you know you want to cancel, I’d do it sooner rather than later to make sure they don’t change the rules before you do,

Your 2019 points would be still be bankable, but those borrowed points only go back for as long as DVC decides to change the rule,

Thank you. I am 99% certain that this trip will not happen (school closure was extended here in TX to May 4) but was dreading the long call to MS to verify that my borrowed points will go back.

You should be okay because I believe your banking deadline is July? So if you cancel that May trip you still have time to bank those 2019 points. They will also put the 80 points you borrowed back into their original use year, 2020, assuming they are still having issues due to the pandemic.

The banking deadline for August is 3/31. If we hadn't canceled I would have had to use 91 points from 2019 in addition to the 129 I had from 2018 or I would have lost them all. This way I was able to bank the 2019 points into 2020, and I just have to use the 2018 points.

I'm glad it worked out for you so close to your banking deadline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter