IF YOU HAVE A RESERVATION THAT MAY BE CANCELED CONSIDER THIS

anniet

DIS Veteran
Be sure to think about your use year. I had a trip booked for May and I have an August use year. I called to see if I don't cancel that trip before 3/31 could I bank the points into next year if the trip is canceled and they told me NO. Consequently, I canceled the trip because I had 91 points from this use year and had borrowed 14 from 2020. By canceling today I was able to return the 14 points to 2020 and bank the 91 points.

Just be aware - DVC is not allowing Banking due to cancellations

Yes, the message on that has been consistent. They have said that they are evaluating changes to banking, but IMO, if they do, I would be very surprised to see it applied to anyone other than April and June UYs who were beyond window when this happened.

Aug UY and beyond are on notice and have the ability to salvage, I did this the other day because my group made the decision to go in October.

Yes, the message on that has been consistent. They have said that they are evaluating changes to banking, but IMO, if they do, I would be very surprised to see it applied to anyone other than April and June UYs who were beyond window when this happened.

Aug UY and beyond are on notice and have the ability to salvage, I did this the other day because my group made the decision to go in October.

The only thing is, I never got a message that I couldn't bank. It just happened to pop into my head this morning. As I waited on hold, they mentioned everything BUT banking. Just wanted to share here so nobody gets caught unaware.:)

The only thing is, I never got a message that I couldn't bank. It just happened to pop into my head this morning. As I waited on hold, they mentioned everything BUT banking. Just wanted to share here so nobody gets caught unaware.:)

Sorry.l.the message I was referring to was the emails sent to members since this started

Sorry.l.the message I was referring to was the emails sent to members since this started
EXACTLY - I have no idea why, but I don't get emails from DVC. Nope their not in my spam either, but they verify my email address every time I call in. :oops:

Thank you! I was able to bank 90 points into my 2020 points today! I will only lose 21 points unless used by July 31st. Thought I would lose all of them.

Thank you! I was able to bank 90 points into my 2020 points today! I will only lose 21 points unless used by July 31st. Thought I would lose all of them.

Curious what your use year is. Were these 2019 UY points you were able to bank towards 2020?

Curious what your use year is. Were these 2019 UY points you were able to bank towards 2020?

August use year. We normally go Oct - Nov, but had a May reservation. The 90 were banked into 2020. The 21 points were from 2018.

August use year. We normally go Oct - Nov, but had a May reservation. The 90 were banked into 2020. The 21 points were from 2018.

Do you already see the banked points when you log in? I was told they'd do the same 2 weeks ago for our March reservation but then they sent out those emails saying the opposite. I'm a June UY so obviously past the deadline to bank.

Do you already see the banked points when you log in? I was told they'd do the same 2 weeks ago for our March reservation but then they sent out those emails saying the opposite. I'm a June UY so obviously past the deadline to bank.

They only did the late banking for a June UY a few days and it wasn’t official policy, just some CMS who did it.

So, if it didn’t happen that day, you may be out of luck now. However, we know they said they’d update any changes to policy when they have a better idea, so hopefully, there is still a chance!

They only did the late banking for a June UY a few days and it wasn’t official policy, just some CMS who did it.

So, if it didn’t happen that day, you may be out of luck now. However, we know they said they’d update any changes to policy when they have a better idea, so hopefully, there is still a chance!

Yeah I'm just holding out hope that they might have decided to help those of us with April - June UY's

Yeah I'm just holding out hope that they might have decided to help those of us with April - June UY's

I agree too I do think it would be wonderful if they can find a way to work that into the long range plan.

Thats why I think, as upset as people are, they have to give this time, This isn’t a quick fix.

Yes, it was updated to reflect the banking.

I agree too I do think it would be wonderful if they can find a way to work that into the long range plan.

Thats why I think, as upset as people are, they have to give this time, This isn’t a quick fix.

Honestly at this point if they let me save 50% of those points I'd be happy. Something is better than losing it all. I hope we hear something soon because my deadline to roll it into RCI is April 15th and I'd really like to avoid that if possible.

OP, I owe you a huge thanks!! We had a June trip with an August use year. I just canceled 6 nts at AKL, and banked the points. My banking is usually no more than 20 pts, and I generally have a loose idea that I need to bank them in March. But the last few weeks have been so crazy, it slipped my mind. Initially, I thought WDW would be open by June. This year is teaching me to write down reminders of everything!

As a matter of fact, the slow pace at which VRBO is acting to refund our money for our spring break trip to Amelia Island in April has me preoccupied. The owners refunded us as of March 17, but VRBO is being slow in processing it.

December UY.
Reservation in May that used 26 from December 2019 and borrowed 80 from December 20. I don't know how to treat my reservation. Let things progress and the reservation will be canceled automatically or just do it myself. If I am understanding things correctly the 26 will be restored and I could ultimately bank them. And the 80 would be returned to December 20. Right?

OP, I owe you a huge thanks!! We had a June trip with an August use year. I just canceled 6 nts at AKL, and banked the points. My banking is usually no more than 20 pts, and I generally have a loose idea that I need to bank them in March. But the last few weeks have been so crazy, it slipped my mind. Initially, I thought WDW would be open by June. This year is teaching me to write down reminders of everything!

As a matter of fact, the slow pace at which VRBO is acting to refund our money for our spring break trip to Amelia Island in April has me preoccupied. The owners refunded us as of March 17, but VRBO is being slow in processing it.

So glad that this helped!!!!!! It is such a crazy time for everyone!!!!

I know that for some strange reason it hit me this morning that the banking deadline for us is 3/31, but it wasn't in the forefront of my mind so I decided to call. The CM told me not to worry that they would cancel my May reservation a week beforehand and I had to ASK about banking the points. When I did I got a firm NO so I said "Then I need to cancel this reservation NOW and bank the points."

Happy it helped you too!!!

December UY.
Reservation in May that used 26 from December 2019 and borrowed 80 from December 20. I don't know how to treat my reservation. Let things progress and the reservation will be canceled automatically or just do it myself. If I am understanding things correctly the 26 will be restored and I could ultimately bank them. And the 80 would be returned to December 20. Right?

You should be okay because I believe your banking deadline is July? So if you cancel that May trip you still have time to bank those 2019 points. They will also put the 80 points you borrowed back into their original use year, 2020, assuming they are still having issues due to the pandemic.

The banking deadline for August is 3/31. If we hadn't canceled I would have had to use 91 points from 2019 in addition to the 129 I had from 2018 or I would have lost them all. This way I was able to bank the 2019 points into 2020, and I just have to use the 2018 points.

December UY.

Yes, it should work that way. The only thing is that DVC can change the rule to return borrowed points at any time,

I assume as long as no opening date is announced, it will continue. But, they did it a few days, took it away, and then changed their minds again,

So, if you know you want to cancel, I’d do it sooner rather than later to make sure they don’t change the rules before you do,

Your 2019 points would be still be bankable, but those borrowed points only go back for as long as DVC decides to change the rule,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!