If you haven't decided yet

maddiemom

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran/DVC member<br><font c
Some History- About two months ago, my DW and I purchased VWL sight unseen. During the investigation I used this board to gather as much information possible before making a decision. Even our guide couldn't believe that I new all the right questions and the answers before she could give her spill. Well during the process my DW was very hesitant to sign-on. This thought it was just to expensive.

My reason for wanting joining DVC was as growning up we didn't have very much and only went on one "real vacation" (Wisconcin Dells) when I was about eight years old. I told my wife I always wanted to be one of "those" people who would say the had been to WDW 25 of the last 26 years. I thought DVC would be the best way to fulfill my dream.

Well today I truly know it has and will be all worth it. My DW and her sisters and mother are in Florida to celebrate DW's sisters 40th birthday. During the trip my DW decided to stop by VWL and DVC membership to see what I had talked her into. Well I got a voice mail today at work. My DW was touring around VWL and thanked me for talking her into it. She said it was spectacular and the whole family was giving me high praise for such a smart move. Then the cellular phone went out.

All day I couldn't wait to come home and talk to her about what she saw. I also had her take a video camera so I could see what I am missing. I could just tell by here voice that she couldn't find the words to describe what she was seeing. (Phone rang)

Well My DW just called and said VWL is the best. She said everyone was wonderful at the resort. After VWL they went to BWV and OKW. She said if she was ranking she would put VWL first, Okw second and BW third. They ate at Olivia's at OKW and said it was delicious and the service was outstanding. She said BWV was a little to loud for her taste.

Well hopefully this has swayed anyone who has been teetering on the edge. I am glad we took the plunge.

Can't wait until our first trip "home" in October.
:bounce: :bounce:

Congratulations! THat first trip home is so special. Especially if you stay in a 1 BR or larger.

That is so sweet!!! What a wonderful way to convince DW!! CONGRATS and Welcome home!!:D

Thanks for sharing your story and making me smile this morning. Before we left VWL last December I videotaped the lodge, lake, and geyser from the boat dock at dawn. It was utterly peacful and magnificent with only the sound of a few ducks flying and the shuuush of the geyser interuppting the silence. When things get hectic, watching this tape is a comforting reminder of great memories and great times yet to be.

What a great story.
Heres to years of wonderful family vacations!

Welcome Home!

Congratulations to you!! Years of happy vacations ahead!!

We just became members also and are looking so forward to going home 9/29!!!

Lisa:p

Lots of us have similar experiences. You will not regret this decision. Welcome home and October is only 150 days + or - away.

I am the real Maddiemom...just read the wonderful post my DH made above...almost made me start crying....his enthusiasm for DVC is truly catching. Makes me see how happy I made him when I agreed to sign on and how happy he made me when I saw what there really was to offer on my trip.

I forsee lots of wonderful Disney trips in our future...Our DD (3 years) certainly won't be able to say we never took vacations!! The fun is just beginning!!:)

Thanks to both of you for making me smile tonight.

I was a little down tonight because we just returned from our first trip as DVCers and now are in real-world culture shock. But your posts have made my night. I feel like singing Zip-a-dee-do-da again.

:) :bounce: :) :bounce: :) :bounce: :) :bounce: :) :bounce:

Congratulations and welcome home..wishing you happiness on your future annual vacations!! Now that you're part of DVC....I suspect your Annual vacations may turn into more than one trip per year down to the world.... Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter