Ikspiari

Malin

Mouseketeer
This thread is to discuss Ikspiari at the Tokyo Disney Resort. Feel free to add news, rumours or general chat.

Ikspiari for anyone who is not aware is a Entertainment, Shopping and Dining complex located at the Tokyo Disney Resort. It has many brand named retail outlets, several Restaurants and a Cinema. Ikspiari is owned and operated by the Oriential Land Company.

I have a question for everyone who visits the Resort, do you ever take time out from the parks to visit Ikspiari and if you do what do you go to see?

For instance on a recent trip I visited Ikspiari to see if I could track down the Power of Music CD which has unfortunately sold out at the Parks. On previous trips I have visted the Disney Store, and had a meal at the Rainforest Cafe, which is not really an experience I would recomend by the way.

Seeing that access to the Ambassador and Cirque du Soleil both go via Ikspiari and Guest stepping off the Monorail have to exit though the venue, I think its a safe bet we all probarely visit once in a while, but how many stick around and check out the facilities.

I have a question for everyone who visits the Resort, do you ever take time out from the parks to visit Ikspiari and if you do what do you go to see?

For instance on a recent trip I visited Ikspiari to see if I could track down the Power of Music CD which has unfortunately sold out at the Parks. On previous trips I have visted the Disney Store, and had a meal at the Rainforest Cafe, which is not really an experience I would recomend by the way.

Seeing that access to the Ambassador and Cirque du Soleil both go via Ikspiari and Guest stepping off the Monorail have to exit though the venue, I think its a safe bet we all probarely visit once in a while, but how many stick around and check out the facilities.
We only went for food at the end of the day.
The Hawaiian burger place and Planet Hollywood were about the only places with edible food. But we got come Canadian Granola and a couple other 'essentials' (bread, drinks) at the supermarket. The mini market at the Disneyland hotel was actually better stocked with the kind of things we ate.

Other than that I found it pretty boring.

Oh I agree that the Rainforest Cafe there was not good.:headache:

We had some good Italian food there (weird I know, but those two nights we spent in and around Disney we let the kids pick where we ate :laughing:)

We are making a trip out to TDR in September, and we are definitely thinking of checking out Ikspiari. Is there a directory of shops/restaurants somewhere? All I ever come across are generic blurbs that list a store or two (Tiffany's, etc).

I didn't get time to visit there last time :(

But it looks really nice and I'll definitely check it out next time I go

It is OK. It is not really Downtown Disney. It is a large mall with fancy stores and a lot of restaurants and movie theater. There is a Disney store there that sells the ground cloths that you see everyone laying out when they sit down to wait for the parades and they have pins (which they don't trade in Japan). I prefer the Downtown Disneys in California and Orlando. If you visiting the rest of Japan, you will see these stores all over the country. I found other Disney stores inside the malls in Tokyo and Kyoto.

Spend as much time as you can in the parks and specially Tokyo Sea! Tokyo Sea is just amazing!!

Have a great trip! We just got home last week from there and loved it!

If you will be spending time in Tokyo or another major city, I think you can skip Ikspiari. It's like any other Japanese mall, but I think the prices here are a little higher.

In American terms, Ikspiari is to TDL what the Miracle Mile mall in Planet Hollywood is to Las Vegas. A highly themed mall with a couple of interesting, over-priced shops.

We only went for food at the end of the day.
The Hawaiian burger place and Planet Hollywood were about the only places with edible food. But we got come Canadian Granola and a couple other 'essentials' (bread, drinks) at the supermarket. The mini market at the Disneyland hotel was actually better stocked with the kind of things we ate.

Other than that I found it pretty boring.

We ate at the Hawaiian, hamburger restaurant. I was recently discussing the restaurant, but can't think of the name of it, which is driving me crazy. Does anyone know the name of this restaurant or can you reccomend a site that lists the restaurants of Ikspiari? Thanks!

Does anyone know when the DisneyStore there closes? Does it close down really early like everywhere else in Japan, or do you think I could shop there if I got there around 7pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter