• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'll start this thread! Help with renos!?!?

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Hey - we are planning on renovating our condo in the summer. It's not that big (1100 sq ft), but it has big potential. It is pretty new (built 2006), but it's a cookie cutter home, and we want to make it a more our own. We are pretty modern in our thoughts (not french classic or countryish).

One thing that I am worried about is the kitchen. We don't want to rip out the cupboards because that is the one thing that we like (they are a light colored maple - I tried to attach a picture, but I don't know how...:confused3 ). We want to put a dark granite countertop and then a dark almost chocolate brown hardwood. Do you think that that would all work out?? Or would it not go well together? And any ideas for a backsplash color?

And finally - my office is going to be the second bedroom, complete with my Cinderella collection....I have no questions about that room yet, just wanted you to know that Cindy will have a place in our "grown-up" home....

Any thoughts?

Jo

here is a link on a tutorial for posting pics. Most of us use photobucket to host the pictures.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/video-tutorials/

I'm not much help with the colors of the wood, I'm a visual person so hopefully pics will help me get an idea of what you are planning.

As for the back splash have you looked into glass tiles? There is some really pretty stuff out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter