I'm going to WDW and I'm not going to be Fat! Nicki's Journal

milmore104

Mommy to 3 Disney Princesses
Hello my fellow Disers. I have been on these boars for years and I have been reading everyone's journals and decided it's time to join in. I'm hoping this is just what I need to do it this time.

My cousin and I are going to WDW in Sept. and we both have made a pack to loss weight. I started my diet last Monday. When I started I was tipping the scales @ 297lbs. I was horrified when I actually saw this number. I know I'm fat but to actually see it is was an eye opener to say the least.

About me: I am the Mommy to Princess Alexzandra. She is going to turn 7 during our trip. I also am a stay at home mom that has somehow become a child care provider to 5 kids. I spend my days chasing kids and changing diapers. I tend to not eat breakfast or lunch and have only dinner w/ my family. I grab a snack on my way in and out of the kitchen. I don't get out and walk because it's hard w/ all the kids. I don't own a double stroller or a wagon to put the babies in. I used to carry on on my back but have decided it's easier to be fat than do it. So that's me in a nutshell.

So I started eating better, doing my morning work out video, and walking 2x's a day. I find it hard everyday not to dive into my DD Easter basket and have a piece (or 5) of chocolate. But I'm hoping with support and determination from the Dis I can make it work this time. I will NOT be FAT on my trip to WDW this year. I'm tired of not having photos of me during our trips because I'm so disgusted by myself.

So Today I join W.I.S.H and start to change my life...

4/2- Started my diet - 297lbs.
4/9- Week 1- 294lbs.

I said the same thing when we started making plans to go. I started at 224 and right now I am at 207 and we leave in 19 days. I did lose, but not as much as I wanted to. I wanted to be well below 200 when we went. It is so hard to stay on track, I feel like it is a losing battle sometimes. Encouragement would be a nice thing to have, and not, you shouldn't eat that. I hear that occasionally. I am glad you posted, and good luck.

:welcome: Good luck with your gaols. I know you can do it. We are all here to cheer you on along the way.:cheer2:

Thanks everyone I knew I would get the support I need here! I hope to write weeking on my success. I'm surprised at how well I am doing these past 2 weeks. I know they say the first week is the hardest to get over the cravings. And it was rather hard. It's better now but I still feel the urge @ 8pm to sit down and watch TV w/ a BIG bowl of ice cream or a piece of cake. But luckly I can talk myself out of it and have a bottle of water instead.

I've found I've been drinking a lot more water everyday. I drink 5 bottles @ 24oz each everyday. I keep it w/ me and sip all day. I find it helps w/ the cravings.

Tinkrules: I know how you feel but at least you lot some and it's better than gaining. I have said this for the last 7 years. I will NOT be fat this trip and every year I'm fat and uncomfortable in the heat. I don't know what is making me have the will power this year. Maybe because this year is my 10 year ann. and we are planning on renewing our vows or because my family is coming w/ me. Don't give up we can do it together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter