I'm Losin' It - Blame SWA!!!

melomouse

DIS Veteran
Okay, now I know I'm losing it! Returned from WDW and 4 day Carnival cruise late last week. Online last two days and see that SWA has their vacation package to Orlando(RT from my local airport w/ rental car) for a grand total of $568 - for all three of us! Plus I have a SWA credit for $75. This would be mid-Ocober, and one of my 1st graders classmates will be there then, too.
Upgraded to an AP for myself during my last stay, kids still have a day each on their hoppers.
Okay, Disneyfans - talk me into it or out! Have mixed feelings about kids out of school so soon in the year - both good students - also guilty guilty - what will people SAY????
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Yikes!

hello melomouse- We go every year in mid January, that's when we are able to go. We ask the teachers for the kids work a couple of weeks in advance and make sure they do it before we leave or when we're there. The teachers do ask why we have to go since we were just there last year, and why we can't go when school is'nt in session. We explain that we go because we like it there, and we don't have the luxury of the summer off and have to go when we are able to.

We also take out our children about every other year. I do not ask permission as they are our kids!! I tell the school matter of factly and plan accordingly. Don't feel guilty, I don't think there is anything that can't be made up (our children are in elementary school) but maybe that will change as they get older. I always give the school/teacher plenty of notice and make sure our children complete the work. I really don't think it is the school business as to why you go or how often. Go and have fun.

I sure would not worry about a child in the first grade. Go, for heaven's sake, the rate is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T FEEL GUILTY, YOUR CHILD WILL BE FINE MISSING A FEW DAYS OF SCHOOL. I WOULD AND MY GIRLS ARE IN 3RD & 4TH THIS YEAR.

IT'S A GREAT DEAL. GO FOR IT AND ENJOY!
YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE ;)

Thanks you guys - so supportive. Part of me is also escaping a bit, I think - I'm the one who lost my DH on our last years' WDW trip. The place is so healing and calming for me and my kids - and if I'm paying the bills and squeeze out a few dollars to go back - I rationalize(?) it's a good thing for all of us.
Looks like the time frame might be Wed. - Wed. tho - so I think I will sleep on it another night or two then book - if it's still available!
Will let you know!!!! Thanks again!

melomouse,
I am sorry for your loss and I did not know anything about it until just now.
By all means, this trip is really important in the healing process and family bonding time.
I do hope you go. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter