I'm Sad and Mad At The CoronaVirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi CD, thanks for sharing your thoughts. You certainly have an awfully heavy load. My heart and arms hurt for you, ❤. I know you don’t feel a sense of achievement, but you are loving and caring for your parents, and that is a wonderful gift, they are blessed to have you, and vice versa. I know easy for me to say I’m not doing it,
Are you able to get any time out at all, even short Breaks for walks, listen to music, recharge your mind?
When is your trip scheduled ?
I cry easily for things like that too, it’s a lot we are going through. I emptied the recycling, and it all fell out all over, I started kicking it all over the sidewalk swearing up a storm, and then cried cause, well I dunno 🤷‍♀️. I had such a mess to clean up.
Gentle hugs of strength 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩🌈

Sometimes i can do for a run or draw, but i never know when they're going to need help so it's a little hard to take a proper break, it's not like they need caring for all the time, more like they could need something at any moment, they have limited hand movement and are still learing what they can and can't do yet.

My trip is oct/nov, i think the parks will be open but i'm coming for Australia and i don't know if interationap travel will be open, i don't know what it's like for you guys in the states but i feel like here every 24 hours that passes people are saying it will be a whole other month till things settle down, we seem to have done a good job flattering the curve but i feel like consequently things will go on much longer.

I keep trying to hold on to my belief that i don't see why if something horrible and unexpected can happen (which has already happen 3 times personally in the past 4 months) by the same logic something wonderful and unexpected can happen, however unlikely

Sometimes i can do for a run or draw, but i never know when they're going to need help so it's a little hard to take a proper break, it's not like they need caring for all the time, more like they could need something at any moment, they have limited hand movement and are still learing what they can and can't do yet.

My trip is oct/nov, i think the parks will be open but i'm coming for Australia and i don't know if interationap travel will be open, i don't know what it's like for you guys in the states but i feel like here every 24 hours that passes people are saying it will be a whole other month till things settle down, we seem to have done a good job flattering the curve but i feel like consequently things will go on much longer.

I keep trying to hold on to my belief that i don't see why if something horrible and unexpected can happen (which has already happen 3 times personally in the past 4 months) by the same logic something wonderful and unexpected can happen, however unlikely

I understand, and that takes it toll on you. You need some time for you, and to not worry,

I would agree, Oct/Nov seem like a good timeframe, I am in Canada, and it seems to be a lot like you are hearing. I don’t anticipate our borders open anytime soon, and I’m mixed on that, I travel often to Florida, but understand if things I read and hear are happening, then it isn’t the time.

I hope for the best for you, we all do need positivity soon. 💕

Goodness gracious! I don't know what came over me? I apologize.
glad you did, sometimes it’s good to take A deep breath, and maybe you are hearing worst case possible scenarios. Lots changes, this Changed so much and it still has, Ca va bien aller 🌈

But how will I know Disneyland will be reopen again? I’ve heard it’s not going to reopen this summer. They can’t keep Disneyland and Disney studios closed forever.

Listen to the news conferences, they are talking Daily now about three stages on re-opening the economy and such.
No, I firmly don’t believe they will be closed forever.

But how will I know Disneyland will be reopen again? I’ve heard it’s not going to reopen this summer. They can’t keep Disneyland and Disney studios closed forever.
You will know for certain when Disneyland is ready to reopen when Disney and Bob Iger officially announce it. They will officially announce a specific date to reopen the parks. Until then, stop listening to the rumors and speculation on Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, and other social media. If the news is not coming officially from Disney top management, then it isn't worth anything. It is just making you more and more upset, and your hysteria is upsetting other people. Keep the faith -- the parks will reopen when it is safe for them to do so. Keep yourself safe in the meantime.

You will know for certain when Disneyland is ready to reopen when Disney and Bob Iger officially announce it. They will officially announce a specific date to reopen the parks. Until then, stop listening to the rumors and speculation on Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, and other social media. If the news is not coming officially from Disney top management, then it isn't worth anything. It is just making you more and more upset, and your hysteria is upsetting other people. Keep the faith -- the parks will reopen when it is safe for them to do so. Keep yourself safe in the meantime.
Okay. I’ll do the best I can. thanks.

Okay. I’ll do the best I can. thanks.

It might help to think about why this is happening. Disney didn't close the parks because somebody made them. They did it because it's dangerous to keep them open. Dangerous for both the guests and the cast members. Like, life-and-death dangerous.

Cramming tens of thousands of people into restaurants and shops and attractions right now, shoulder-to-shoulder with each other, is almost a guarantee that many, many of those people will get sick. Some of them will die. Just because they spent the day at a theme park. And worse, a lot of them won't even realize they're contagious and will take it back to their families and hometowns, and more people will get sick.

Disney's not going to take that risk with their guests, or with their cast members. They can't. It wouldn't be right. When the infections subside, or when we have treatments or vaccines that work, then it will be safe again, and Disney will open the parks. They're not going to throw away Disneyland and Disney World, and they won't have to. They may not open up as soon as we wish they would, but they will open up.

I can tell that Disneyland is a very important place for you, and it's awful to be living in this stressful time and not be able to do the things that make you feel better. I think pretty much everyone on the DISboards feels the same way. We're all hurting in some way because of this terrible virus. My uncle was in the hospital with it and we were very scared. I haven't seen my mom in a month because her senior community isn't allowing visitors. But I know that doctors and scientists are working around the clock, all over the world, to find treatments and test vaccines, and we WILL get through this. :)

It might help to think about why this is happening. Disney didn't close the parks because somebody made them. They did it because it's dangerous to keep them open. Dangerous for both the guests and the cast members. Like, life-and-death dangerous.

Cramming tens of thousands of people into restaurants and shops and attractions right now, shoulder-to-shoulder with each other, is almost a guarantee that many, many of those people will get sick. Some of them will die. Just because they spent the day at a theme park. And worse, a lot of them won't even realize they're contagious and will take it back to their families and hometowns, and more people will get sick.

Disney's not going to take that risk with their guests, or with their cast members. They can't. It wouldn't be right. When the infections subside, or when we have treatments or vaccines that work, then it will be safe again, and Disney will open the parks. They're not going to throw away Disneyland and Disney World, and they won't have to. They may not open up as soon as we wish they would, but they will open up.

I can tell that Disneyland is a very important place for you, and it's awful to be living in this stressful time and not be able to do the things that make you feel better. I think pretty much everyone on the DISboards feels the same way. We're all hurting in some way because of this terrible virus. My uncle was in the hospital with it and we were very scared. I haven't seen my mom in a month because her senior community isn't allowing visitors. But I know that doctors and scientists are working around the clock, all over the world, to find treatments and test vaccines, and we WILL get through this. :)
I'm sorry to hear that and I hope so too.

Hi everyone,
It’s been a while. I just want to say thank you all for coping with me from the hard times like this. While I’m not at work, I can video chat some of my friends and I even did a dance workout since I can’t do a musical this year. Also, I‘ve heard the CoVid19 vaccines will be ready by September. Which I hope it’s true. Also, when I go to Twitter, people are keep on saying doom and gloom nonsense like, “Sorry buddy, but the vaccine won’t happen!” or “Sorry, but Coronavirus will live on forever! So deal with it, you lunatic!” I’ve been seeing a lot of doom and gloom people on Twitter which it's sad. Well, as Ursula the Sea Witch always say, “Those poor unfortunate souls!”:crazy: So, if you’re on Twitter or other social media devices, avoid them and keep on hoping that hopefully everything will be back to normal later this year. Be safe and have a magical day.8-)

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Good to hear from you. They are doing very hard work with the vaccines, i remain optimistic. I am not on any of those social platforms. and hate the insults and division. I refuse to engage. Life to me is not for that reason eh ?
You sound like you are having a bit more fun. Stay safe 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩

I don't want to be negative, but since there's a lot of protesting going on, I guess we'll never get rid of this virus at this rate. :sad: I'm sorry, but I thought we're suppose to be social distancing, but I guess people don't understand.

I don't want to be negative, but since there's a lot of protesting going on, I guess we'll never get rid of this virus at this rate. :sad: I'm sorry, but I thought we're suppose to be social distancing, but I guess people don't understand.

This is a sensitive issue. So important to so many, I hope and pray we do not see spikes from it. I did see many many wearing masks. As a Canadian, our Prime Minister joined in yesterday, masked and all, I love him for it. I do feel like you though, I worry. Our restaurants are due to open June 22, we are far behind. many are still passing from Covid, it has not disappeared.

Once again, never mind. I’m overreacting..........again.:sad2:

Last edited:
Once again, never mind. I’m overreacting..........again.:sad2:
Go easy on yourself. Remember that all of us can only do the best that we can do each day, one day at a time, as we go through this. We're all learning as we go and trying to help each other along, too. Try to stay focused on positive things, keep breathing (deep breaths!), and remember to take good care of yourself. We've got to keep on swimming, keep on swimming!

Go easy on yourself. Remember that all of us can only do the best that we can do each day, one day at a time, as we go through this. We're all learning as we go and trying to help each other along, too. Try to stay focused on positive things, keep breathing (deep breaths!), and remember to take good care of yourself. We've got to keep on swimming, keep on swimming!
Okay. Sorry about that. I’ve been thinking about the second wave of the coronavirus and I’ve become depressed and almost apocalyptic. News is so evil. So is the social media,

Okay. Sorry about that. I’ve been thinking about the second wave of the coronavirus and I’ve become depressed and almost apocalyptic. News is so evil. So is the social media,
You don't have to apologize for your feelings and emotions when it comes to Covid :) They are all valid, as they are your feelings. Acknowledge and accept them, surpressing feelings never works in the long run. Ban the word 'sorry' out of your vocabulary. Unless you run someone over, then you can be sorry ;-)

It took me a few days, maybe even a week, but I stopped checking the news regularly. I check once a day now, and I am very selective which articles I open. Same with social media. I've removed some news sites I followed (also silly ones like Buzzfeed or The Onion), and I've blocked some friends on social media as well. I read enough to stay generally informed about the situation, but everything else that doesn't improve my mental health gets muted. My social media timeline is now filled with dozens of different Disney sites who do not focus on reopening. Things like Disnerds or Disney recipes. Not sticking my head completely in the sand, just enough to get by :)

And if all else fails, what I did for a while when I really was down in the dumps, was pretend to be a Disney Princess. "What if Belle, Ariel, Tiana, Moana... etc. was in this situation, what would she do", I picked a Disney princess depending on the situation, and try to live by their good qualities to make myself feel better. When people talk about me behind my back, I think of the song Belle and how Belle handled people talking about her. Yes, she acknowledged it bothered her, but she didn't let it ruin her entire day.
I'll admit no Disney princess has ever been in this world, but they all had their hardships. But Rapunzel kept herself busy all day, Snow White entered a messy place and started to clean up first. Belle entered a very unfriendly world and first made some new friends who helped her to feel better. It's a strange technique, but it might work.

And when it comes to the protests and covid, we had a big protest in Amsterdam on the 1st of June, untill now it hasn't lead to an increase in new cases. Of course the Netherlands is in a different place than some cities in the US, but it might not be as bad as you think. Yes, things can turn worse, but what if things turn out alright? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter