"I'm THIS Old." - A June/July 2019 DLP TR! *COMPLETED 9/19

Mickey and the Magician seems so fun! And the decor in the Disney Store is sooo cute!

I loved loved LOVED Mickey & the Magician! Cannot say that enough haha.

So sorry you couldn't find a Black Spirit jersey. I tried to talk my hubby into letting me buy one, but we just didn't have the suitcase room- carry on only!

I had packed an extra duffel bag in my suitcase for that very reason! Thankfully I didn't need to use it, but still. :rotfl:

"I'm THIS Old."
Day 3, Part 4: Sunday June 30th, 2019

Right around 3:30pm, we made our way over to Disneyland park.

We decided to walk through a couple of the stores on Main Street. I found a rack of black spirit jerseys, but every last one of them was an XL. I asked a nearby CM if there were any other sizes, and she said that the black ones were sold out in everything other than an XL. :sad2:

We made our way down to the Gibson Girl ice cream shop on the corner—which sold Ben & Jerry’s ice cream! I got one scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough and one scoop of chocolate fudge brownie. S got vanilla and strawberry cheesecake. We took our ice cream and sat on the sidewalk along Main Street.

Pretty soon, the Jungle Book Jive came through!

We could only really hear it from where we were, except for the entrance and exits of the floats, so we decided we’d try to get closer another day.

It started to rain at this point, but we just waited it out, and it quit pretty soon after it started. It was around 4:30, so we decided to just stay put & see the parade. It stayed pretty cloudy & windy even after the rain stopped.

Then, at 5:30, it was time for the Disney Stars on Parade!

"I'm THIS Old."
Day 3, Part 5: Sunday June 30th, 2019

After the parade was over, we checked wait times on the app, and made our way over to Phantom Manor.

During all of my research before this trip, I had read that Phantom Manor was expected to have really high wait times this summer because of its recent refurb, but we never saw it get up 30 minutes. When we walked over there today, it was posted at 13 minutes, which was fun! We waited right around 10 minutes, I think.

I had read a lot of things that said that Phantom Manor was waaayy scarier than the US parks’ Haunted Mansion, but having now ridden both, I think people are a little dramatic about that. The graveyard section is definitely creepier in the DLP version than the cute US version, but that’s really it. I think I had built it up in my head to be something super scary, but it’s really not.

When we got off of Phantom Manor, we decided to walk past BTMRR to see what the wait time was like, but it was up to 75 minutes. There were some FPs left for like 10:30pm, but we knew we weren’t going to stay that late today. We tried to head back toward Main Street, but we made a wrong turn and ended up in the back of Frontierland, where we found this cute Lion King statue!

We figured out which way we were supposed to go and decided to stop in one of the stores. S ended up buying a coffee mug, and I bought a Phantom Manor tshirt for my mom

and a BTMRR tshirt for myself.

Then, we made our way over to Discoveryland. It was around 7:00pm or so when we got in line for Star Tours, which had a 30 minute posted wait time. We really only waited about 15 though. This was exactly like the one in Florida, and we even went to the Wookie Planet!

We walked through the gift shop on the way out, and I bought this Yoda tshirt for my dad.

We decided we were done for the day, so we made our way out of the park and walked to Earl of Sandwich. We got sandwiches to go again and brough them back to our hotel room. We ate and showered, and I did some research to figure out our train routes for tomorrow. Not long after that, I crashed pretty hard!

Fitbit report:

Love the Phantom Manor and BTMRR shirts! I hope you ended up finding the black spirit jersey in your size!

The One with the Best Meal Ever
Day 4: Monday July 1st, 2019

We had decided not to put so much pressure on ourselves about getting up and leaving early, so we didn’t set an alarm. We slept fairly late, and by the time we were up and ready to go, it was right around noon. We waited about 15 minutes or so for a bus, and then we were off! We had decided to get lunch in Disney Village, so we made our way over to bag once we got off the bus.

It was 12:30 when we got to Annette’s Diner, and it was not very busy at all.

I got a cheeseburger and fries, and it was really good! They had gotten our food out pretty quickly, so it was just after 1:00 when we finished eating.

We made our way over to the train station and bought our Mobilis passes for the day before getting on an RER A train toward Saint Germain en Laye. We rode for about 40 minutes or so and then got off at Charles de Gaulle – Etoile. We followed the signs and walked through a looonngg tunnel that puts you right across the street from the Arc de Triomphe!

You can’t just cross the street to get to the Arc. That “street” is the biggest and scariest roundabout I have ever seen!

S said she thought she remembered reading that it’s the most dangerous roundabout in the world, and I 100% believe that. So, there is a tunnel that runs under the street where you buy your ticket, and then it puts you right underneath the Arc!

We started down the tunnel and got in line to buy our tickets to go to the top. We only waited 10 minutes or so to buy our tickets, which were €10 each. Then, we walked the rest of the way through the tunnel toward the Arc!

Day 4: Monday July 1st, 2019

We had decided not to put so much pressure on ourselves about getting up and leaving early, so we didn’t set an alarm. We slept fairly late, and by the time we were up and ready to go, it was right around noon. We waited about 15 minutes or so for a bus, and then we were off! We had decided to get lunch in Disney Village, so we made our way over to bag once we got off the bus.

It was 12:30 when we got to Annette’s Diner, and it was not very busy at all.

View attachment 428908

View attachment 428909

View attachment 428910

I got a cheeseburger and fries, and it was really good! They had gotten our food out pretty quickly, so it was just after 1:00 when we finished eating.

View attachment 428912

We made our way over to the train station and bought our Mobilis passes for the day before getting on an RER A train toward Saint Germain en Laye. We rode for about 40 minutes or so and then got off at Charles de Gaulle – Etoile. We followed the signs and walked through a looonngg tunnel that puts you right across the street from the Arc de Triomphe!

View attachment 428913

View attachment 428914

View attachment 428915

You can’t just cross the street to get to the Arc. That “street” is the biggest and scariest roundabout I have ever seen!

View attachment 428917

S said she thought she remembered reading that it’s the most dangerous roundabout in the world, and I 100% believe that. So, there is a tunnel that runs under the street where you buy your ticket, and then it puts you right underneath the Arc!

We started down the tunnel and got in line to buy our tickets to go to the top. We only waited 10 minutes or so to buy our tickets, which were €10 each. Then, we walked the rest of the way through the tunnel toward the Arc!

View attachment 428919

You gave me a very important clue as to how to see the Arc -

:thanks: for the fyi about the cost -
"
We started down the tunnel and got in line to buy our tickets to go to the top. We only waited 10 minutes or so to buy our tickets, which were €10 each. Then, we walked the rest of the way through the tunnel toward the Arc!"

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

We drove thru that Roundabout on a bus last week- it's scary because there's no yield signs or speed limit!

The parade looks so cute!

Nice that you got to ride Phantom Manor with such a short wait!

Great pics outside the Arc de Triomphe!!

Mickey and the Magician looks cute, but I have to ask: was the stage as small as it looked? It looks so tiny!

The World of Disney and Disney Store both look amazing!

I'm sorry they didn't have any black jerseys in your size :sad:

Okay, Ben & Jerry's in a Disney park literally sounds like my dream!

Annette's Diner looks so adorable!!!

I'm obsessed with this TR!

You gave me a very important clue as to how to see the Arc -

:thanks: for the fyi about the cost -
"
We started down the tunnel and got in line to buy our tickets to go to the top. We only waited 10 minutes or so to buy our tickets, which were €10 each. Then, we walked the rest of the way through the tunnel toward the Arc!"

Yes, thankfully, I had read about this before we got there, so I more or less knew what to look for. Otherwise I would have been very confused!!

We drove thru that Roundabout on a bus last week- it's scary because there's no yield signs or speed limit!

It's seriously terrifying to watch the cars and buses and motorcycles go by when you're standing on the sidewalk.

The parade looks so cute!

Nice that you got to ride Phantom Manor with such a short wait!

Great pics outside the Arc de Triomphe!!

We really enjoyed our afternoon!!

Thanks so much!

Mickey and the Magician looks cute, but I have to ask: was the stage as small as it looked? It looks so tiny!

The World of Disney and Disney Store both look amazing!

I'm sorry they didn't have any black jerseys in your size :sad:

Okay, Ben & Jerry's in a Disney park literally sounds like my dream!

Annette's Diner looks so adorable!!!

I'm obsessed with this TR!

I actually think it was bigger than it looked. It was just cut off by the magician's attic setup, but then when the other characters would come out and that went away, it looked a lot bigger.

It shocked me how tiny the WoD was there. I guess I've just taken for granted how big the one in WDW is, but it was still really surprising!

It was upsetting at first, but I got over it and (spoiler alert) got a rose gold one, which I love.

It was the best thing honestly. Obviously more expensive, but it was kind of worth it! :laughing:

Awww you're too sweet!!:hug:

Day 4, Part 2: Monday July 1st, 2019

We got in the line to go to the top, and then we started to climb! It is exactly 273 steps to the top, in case anyone was wondering. But it is totally worth it. When you get to the top, you get the most incredible view of the city!

After we took lots and lots of pictures, we started back down the stairs. There is a middle-ish level inside the Arc that’s set up kind of like a museum, with a bunch of facts and history about the Arc, so we spent a little time looking at all of that.

These palms were added as a tribute to the Unknown Soldiers in 1920.

We also stopped in the gift shop on the middle level. S decided to get a set of Paris landmark figurines, and I bought magnets for some of my family members. Then, we climbed the rest of the way back down the stairs.

Of course, we spent some time looking around underneath the Arc.

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

We had figured out the general direction that we needed to go when we were at the top, so we started off in the direction of the Eiffel Tower! I did pull the map up on my phone a couple of times to make sure we were going the right way, but it was fairly easy to find. It took us roughly 30 minutes or so to walk there, but it wasn’t nearly as hot as it had been the last few days, so it wasn’t bad.

We got over near the Tower and stopped at a cart across the street to get something to drink. I got a bottle of “citrus aid” which was the first time I had found actual lemonade anywhere in Europe, and it was honestly the best thing ever.

Drinks in hand, we made our way across the street and stopped to take some pictures along the wall in front of the Tower!

Then, we crossed the bridge and headed into the park. We found the entrance our tickets said to go to, but we were a little early, so we found a bench nearby and sat down to wait. It was so peaceful and just a nice way to pass the time. Our tickets were for 5:00pm, so right around then we went to get in line at their security check.

I definitely wouldn't be able to make 273 steps, but gorgeous photos! I can't wait to hear about the Tower!

The One with the Best Meal Ever!
Day 4, Part 3: Monday July 1st, 2019

We made it through the security check without any problems, and then we hopped in line for the elevator!

The first elevator goes up to the 2nd floor. Then you have to get on a different elevator to go all the way to the summit.

PRO TIP: Buy your tickets online in advance!! They have tickets available for walk-ups, but you can’t get a ticket to the summit, and you have to take the stairs to the 2nd floor. I have a feeling that was way more than the 273 steps to the top of the Arc.

We took the elevator up to the 2nd floor and then spent some time looking around.

Then, we got on the elevator to the top! Honestly, I think that was the worst part. It is 1000 feet in the air, so the elevator ride is not short. Part of the way up I had a mental freak out along the lines of what-the-heck-was-I-thinking. Then you get to the top and it’s SO COOL!

You can see the Arc de Triomphe in this one!

Because of the heat wave, they were allowing people to get in the fountains to cool off, which was kind of funny to see!

It honestly doesn’t feel as high as I expected it to. Don’t get me wrong, it was very very high, but I expected it to be way worse. We took lots of pictures, then went back down to the second floor.

Ross, what's a pashmina? :rotfl:

It was right around 6:30 when we got to the bottom of the Tower. We left the park and crossed the bridge back the other way to head down to the docks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts