I'm.........

So this morning I returned to my desert walk and found that my golden eagle is now as a rare as a bald eagle and rare was my sighting to find that the glorious raptor has moved on..... but discovered the migrating butterflies have moved in, we currently have two types, for lack of a better description, sprinkled liberally across the desert. The monarch color type are attracted to the bright yellow flowers and the black ones just seem hell bent to be somewhere else....like the covey of quail, the males are making bigger groups and eventually will battle for the alpha right. Once the babies are hatched, the rattlesnakes will come out as baby quail are the primary food. Quail are very spooky and run fast head first into the bottom of low laying branched tree bushes...where the snake is waiting. This will all take place mid May to August. August menu is song birds. wet winter has created volumes of bird food, so many quail on my wash trail.

And I was also excited as I heard coyotes on the canyon rim above me....but no, just some golfers howling to be putting the ball in the hole for a rare eagle.

Yikes!

In Cape May, we are on the migration flyway for the monarch butterflies on their way to Mexico in the fall!

Enjoy your walks!

Last edited:

We enjoyed watching something together. On one Member Cruise, the gal who voiced Moana was there and gave interviews. There were many presentations about Hawaiian history and how the movie was made.

I'm in the insulated shed attached to the mother in law cottage pulling out fans, window coverings and the two portable air conditioners....a storm is a coming!!!!!

No storm here and the temps are about to start going up!

I'm about to order some pictures today while free postage is going on

We're back from our walk. I finished putting most of the laundry away......just waiting for the last load to come out of the dryer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts