Imperial Cities question??

ppiew

DIS Veteran
To anyone who has gone on this trip: on the first day (actually 2nd day, first is just arrival, meet others, etc. ), is there any 'free' time? My daughter will be in Vienna just that one day and we would love to see her/spend time together as she leaves the next AM. I cld ABD to see if I could 'add' her for one day so we could be together but the answer was 'no' , I was more than willing to pay for the day and she has her own room,etc.
Please help - she paid additional airfare just to meet up with us in Vienna for a day and now it looks like it won't happen, because my brochure shows a full day in Vienna. I hate to give up the first real day of our tour, but we want so very much to see her. If worse comes to worse - what time are we back at the hotel after dinner at the zoo?

This is probably one of the busiest days on the entire trip. I'm looking at my notes (for the trip report I haven't yet written!) and I see we toured the castle, saw the strudel demo, saw the marionette show, rode the miniature train to our restaurant -- then some stayed to further explore and others (including us) went back to the hotel. We met at 5:40pm for the motorcoach back to the castle grounds for the private zoo tour and the dinner.

Try as I might, I can't remember how much time we had at the hotel before the 5:40pm pickup. I'm guessing two hours or so because I don't remember feeling at all rushed.

As for the time dinner ended and we got back, another mystery. It couldn't have been too early, however, because none of my boys went back out. :)

Not very helpful, I'm afraid -- sorry!

Dotti

I would recommend taking time before the welcome dinner the first day. The second day is busy. After the marionette show, you take a train ride to the back side of the zoo for lunch. After that you can take the bus back or stay there. We stayed and looked around, did the maze which wasn't much and took the subway back. If I had to do again, I would have gone back and looked around Vienna. The hotel is walking distance to downtown. About 4 blocks!

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter