In what order do you scrapbook genealogy pages?

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
can you tell me what you do?? I need advice.

I’m making scrapbook pages for each of my deceased grandparents, great- grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.

I’m using a 12x12 book, the style of book that is 3 ring so I can add pages as needed.

One side of the spread is the woman and the other side the man of the married couple.

My problem is....should I put my maternal grandparents first, then maternal great great-grandparents, etc. then start over half way thru the book with paternal family?

Or should I put ALL Grandparents first, then ALL great- grandparents, etc

I’m just struggling.

Well, the great part of 3 ring binders is that you can move pages around so easily! If it was me, I'd start with the oldest ones and move more to the present. But there isn't a right or wrong answer. Just start scrapping. Then if you don't like the order...... change it.

Good luck with it! I've been catching up on my kids' baby pages, but nothing any older than that.

Well, the great part of 3 ring binders is that you can move pages around so easily! If it was me, I'd start with the oldest ones and move more to the present. But there isn't a right or wrong answer. Just start scrapping. Then if you don't like the order...... change it.

Good luck with it! I've been catching up on my kids' baby pages, but nothing any older than that.
You are so right! I can move them around so easily! I just argue with myself over it and I just need to decide. On one hand, I want to be able to sit down and show people “ here are my grandparents” and have them all together. On the other hand, I want to say “ here’s my mom’s family.”

I'd probably do them grandparents side by side, then greats side by side, and so on. But then do an overview page with a small photo of each, laid out like an actual family tree. Just make the pages so you'll be happy with them still if you decide to rearrange later. I always seem to be changing my mind on how to organize my kids' albums, but I use post bound albums. But I still don't let that stop me from changing my mind!

i created a "family" album for my in-laws one Christmas a few years back, and I did mom's family first then dads fam, then i did them and their boys and then added cousins and such as well as a few collage pages at the end for the misc. photos (ya know grandma from the 20's with a bunch of people nobody is really certain who they are, or a photo of the one grandfather when he was a bartender, etc. It is a little different then what you are doing, and you have to do what works for you! :) have so much fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter