In your opinion, what is an attraction’s replacement that was better than the original?

PuppyJonathan

DIS Veteran
I saw this the other day on Twitter and thought this was a fascinating question so I wanted to ask about it here! Keep in mind this is all opinion-based, I don’t want this to become a debatable topic because this should be just an opinion and I hope you would respect that with everyone. Explain if you feel like it! I’ll start with mine:
Mickey’s Philharmagic over Legend of the Lion King (as much as I love The Lion King, Philharmagic is arguably my favorite attraction in the Magic Kingdom)
Buzz Lightyear over Dreamflight
Frozen Ever After over Maelstrom
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train over Pooh’s Playful Spot
Flight of Passage over Pocohantas and her Forest Friends (or Camp Minnie-Mickey, since Lion King is still technically there)
And my controversial one: Winnie the Pooh over Mr Toad’s Wild Ride (I really like both, but I came to this conclusion based off of if both were to operate today, Toad I feel like would not make it only because of the cardboard cutout nature of it)

I’m curious to hear what are your’s!!!

I'll get back to you once TSL/SWGE (Backlot Tour, HISTK), and Mickey's Railway (GMR) or whatever its called open. I don't really remember Mr. Toad's or Maelstrom, so they obviously didn't make an impression (if I rode them at all). I love Frozen. Winnie the Pooh is like Figment, a cute little ride, but not a must do.

I'm going to cheat a little because my favorite "switch" actually switched parks, not just rides; Mission Space over Mission to Mars! lol Mission to Mars was actually overlapped by Alien encounter... I'd probably rather ride Mission to Mars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter